McCargo or Jennings?

Given a choice of a frequently injured, seemingly non-motivated player, which one would you rather see play for the Bills?

I will probably be alone here, but I would rather have Jennings. The s.o.b. really was good on the rare occasions that he took the field.

What do you people think?

IMHO ..... when Jennings was on the field he was a damn good player .... problem was .... he was often dinged up and couldn't get on the field.

McCargo on the other hand is a great player on paper ...... but I've rarely (if ever) seen it on the field.

So I pick Jennings too.

Given a choice of a frequently injured, seemingly non-motivated player, which one would you rather see play for the Bills?

I will probably be alone here, but I would rather have Jennings. The s.o.b. really was good on the rare occasions that he took the field.

What do you people think?

When Jennings wasn't faking a hangnail injury, a bruised finger or PMSing he was a better LT then most in the league and certainly better than what we have there now. The problem was and what is becoming obvious with our current iteration, getting him on the field for more than 12 games was difficult at best. Jennings also was a much brighter individual than probably anyone on our current line and therefore understood techniques and tactics and could make line calls. So he was capable of playing both LT and center. The other thing with jennings unlike our current LT, he didn't take plays off during games because he was bored, or what ever. When he played, infrequent as it was, he played well on every down.

What have been the nature of Jennings' injuries with the 49ers? Is he damaged goods?

normal stuff. but he won't play with a hng nail, bruise, sore tooth, pimple on his balls. very low tolerance for pain, but when he plays, he's always solid.

I liked Jennings alot and hated to see him go, but I have to disagree with you guys, and it is just based upon the numbers.

Jennings has played 23 out of a possible 64 games in San Fran, and although McCargo is essentially only a warm body on the roster I am not a big fan of paying OT for 5.75 games a year.

...that would just be a little too frustrating.

Definitely Jennings. He had a ton of talent and was a hell of an LT. Of course, he also was a huge vag. Jennings started 53/64 games in 4 years in buffalo. In San Fran, he's started 23/63, missing an average of 10 games per year.

Of course, the question is, would you rather have jonas jennings starting 8-10 games per year, or our current tub of goo who will continue to hold out and eat tim hortons/mickey Ds, sit the first 2 weeks, spend the next 7 getting getting his fat ass finally in shape, and play solid LT for 7 games.

Either way, you are getting solid LT play for about half a season. The only difference is Jennings is a lot cheaper.

EDIT: With McCargo, we'll see how he does with the new DL coach who doesn't hate him. Perhaps he blossoms into a decent player, or perhaps not.

Definitely Jennings. He had a ton of talent and was a hell of an LT. Of course, he also was a huge vag. Jennings started 53/64 games in 4 years in buffalo. In San Fran, he's started 23/63, missing an average of 10 games per year.

Of course, the question is, would you rather have jonas jennings starting 8-10 games per year, or our current tub of goo who will continue to hold out and eat tim hortons/mickey Ds, sit the first 2 weeks, spend the next 7 getting getting his fat ass finally in shape, and play solid LT for 7 games.

Either way, you are getting solid LT play for about half a season. The only difference is Jennings is a lot cheaper.

EDIT: With McCargo, we'll see how he does with the new DL coach who doesn't hate him. Perhaps he blossoms into a decent player, or perhaps not.

Ramius, serious question.....again, serious, NOT being a wiseass!!!

Do you think that it is a coincidence that most of the biggest supporters of Losman are the biggest detractors of Peters? I don't really know, but it is a tad strange how this is playing out.

Ramius, serious question.....again, serious, NOT being a wiseass!!!

Do you think that it is a coincidence that most of the biggest supporters of Losman are the biggest detractors of Peters? I don't really know, but it is a tad strange how this is playing out.

I am a detractor of both. Losman to his benefit seemed to have worked hard, he was just a mental midget and when it comes to midgets I know.

Peters has all the physical skills just like losman does, he too however is a mental midget, but even worse, he is a fat lazy !@#$.

I am a detractor of both. Losman to his benefit seemed to have worked hard, he was just a mental midget and when it comes to midgets I know.

Peters has all the physical skills just like losman does, he too however is a mental midget, but even worse, he is a fat lazy !@#$.

I actually did think of you as an exception when I posted. You are different in that you don't like anybody, except people who pass liberty restricting laws. :PB-):lol:

all things being equal, id take jennings.

however, given that we already have a bunch of OTs on the roster, id take the DT. even if he hasnt been great, and as much as Id like to be able to move Peters back over to RT, I'll take the extra guy at DT.

I actually did think of you as an exception when I posted. You are different in that you don't like anybody, except people who pass liberty restricting laws. :PB-):lol:

The 2 have nothing to do with each other, and I'll echo the same sentiment of VA. Losman did what he asked, busted his butt, tried to get better, just couldn't put it all together on the field. Peters has a ton of natural talent, but instead of showing commitment, he's showing that he really only cares about the next big payday. There are some serious warning signs that even if he gets paid, he'll lose all motivation to actually perform. If he were to show up to off season activities and training camp and take the proper approach to renegotiating a contract, or he can continue to be a baby and whine and cry and gain weight and not be in shape, and then waste half of our season with his piss poor play.