McCargo or Jennings?

Although both are frustrating, I'd rather have a few games from someone who can play well when he's in there than wait to see whether or not a first-round-pick can beat out a street FA to get on the active roster on Sundays.

Moot point, since I'm not sure Jennings could pass a physical. Then again, McCargo was cleared by the Bills' docs, so ...

I actually did think of you as an exception when I posted. You are different in that you don't like anybody, except people who pass liberty restricting laws. :PB-):lol:

Wrong, I've alway thought Josh reed was a player and got a bad rep from the board idiots. I like Whitner, except when he beats his girl friend up, but impressed with him on the field. Edwards, I am non-commital on.

Those are the ones who seem to get the majority of the "bad blood" around here, that I think folks don't have a clue on. But this maybe about the only issue Ramius and I ever agree on. And if that happens it's like crossing the streams, End of the World type stuff.

When Jennings wasn't faking a hangnail injury, a bruised finger or PMSing he was a better LT then most in the league and certainly better than what we have there now. The problem was and what is becoming obvious with our current iteration, getting him on the field for more than 12 games was difficult at best. Jennings also was a much brighter individual than probably anyone on our current line and therefore understood techniques and tactics and could make line calls. So he was capable of playing both LT and center. The other thing with jennings unlike our current LT, he didn't take plays off during games because he was bored, or what ever. When he played, infrequent as it was, he played well on every down.

Hummmm... I seem to recall a playoff game against Miami (98 season) in which Ruben Brown had to practically beg Jennings to suck it up stay on the field after he got one of his infamous dings. He was a talented player who was made of glass. His heart was not on his list of positives either.

I am still trying to figure out what happened to McCargo......before last year he looked like he was getting over the hump and was very excited about him going into the season.....

Then.....something happened....I dont know what

Could it be the he really had some issues with his back? The FO claims he was cleared to play, even though he didn't. If you were selling a car and the buyer sent it back with an unresolved problem, are you going to claim you knew the problem existed but chose not to disclose it. Or will you say "it's fine, I don't know what you're talking about? Also there were major issues with Kollar and Mc Cargo. I still think he has untapped potential where as Jennings is a part time player. He wouild be a great back to Peters though. I believe the FO should make a decision and either pay Peters the going rate for LT's or trade him. And for all the posters who bash him for holding out, just remember he is following the advice of the agent he hired to represent him. Why would you hire someone to give you advice, then ignore him? And sorry Bill but I supported JP and I'm infavor of resigning the other JP. For all of you bashers of Peters, how would you feel if you signed a contract to supervise the night shift, then they gave you the responsibility of running the whole plant but didn't give you a raise? I'll bet you would all be screaming to everyone that would listen, how you have been shafted.

Hummmm... I seem to recall a playoff game against Miami (98 season) in which Ruben Brown had to practically beg Jennings to suck it up stay on the field after he got one of his infamous dings. He was a talented player who was made of glass. His heart was not on his list of positives either.

Neat trick, since Jennings was a redshirt sophomore at Georgia in 1998. (Oh, the situation with Ruben definitely happened, but it was more like 2002 or 2003.)

Neat trick, since Jennings was a redshirt sophomore at Georgia in 1998. (Oh, the situation with Ruben definitely happened, but it was more like 2002 or 2003.)

Thanks, i thought that time line was off. I liked Jennings, he played hard when he was in there and if you go back and look at film he made a lot of tackles on intercepted passes.

and on a side note. Newspapers are the covered wagon, they need to find their continuity of purpose or they will continue to fall by the way side.

Thanks, i thought that time line was off. I liked Jennings, he played hard when he was in there and if you go back and look at film he made a lot of tackles on intercepted passes.

and on a side note. Newspapers are the covered wagon, they need to find their continuity of purpose or they will continue to fall by the way side.

Regarding your side note: newspapers have a definite purpose. It's the medium we need to change, not the message ... and if we don't find a way to accomplish that, everyone will be poorer for it. Just one hack's opinion.