Maybin betters his forty time at pro day

pass

If Brown isn't available at the #11, which I don't think he will, then I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to trade back into the 1st round by trading our 2nd and another pick and try to get a player like English or Ayers. If not maybe Lawrence Sidbury with our second round pick. I just don't like to many of the DE's this year with our #11 pick.

Aren't pro day 40's usually less accurate than combine ones?

Exactly. Without exception.

He was 236lbs in January.

Unless the Bills really like Orakpo or Brown, Maybin is looking more and more like the pick.

He played at 234 lbs. He weighed in at the combine at 249 lbs. and ran slower than my grandmother with a broken hip. Listen basskik11 - he has "bust" written all over him. Avoid this guy like the plague.

Just say NO to anyone from Bust U in the 1st round.

? I can think of twenty recent guys off the top of my head from PSU who have been excellent pros (Kerry Collins, Bobby Engram, Kareem McKenzie, Larry Johnson, Levi Brown, Joe Jurevicius, and LeVar Arrington are just a start). The list of studs from past years is long too - Franco Harris, Stew Barber, Rosie Greer, Matt Millen, Shane Conlan, Jack Ham, Lydell Mitchell, Mike Munchak, Curt Warner, Lenny Moore, Matt Suhey, Kyle Brady (a much better player in retrospect than many think), etc.

Ki-Jana Carter and Courtney Brown aren't the only guys who have attended PSU, you know.

I never liked him at Penn St either, he looked more like a blitzing safety than a DE Meaning he played with no power or strength. He was only successful when he was able to get around the edge on quickness alone. If the LT got his hands on him he was completely neutralized. His incredible college quickness will look average at the pro level. I would much rather have a bull of a DE like Orakpo who can overpower tackles or one with quickness and strength like Brown.

Amen...one year wonder. A talented "situational" pass rusher. Buffalo needs a 3 down player that can start immediately at DE...not Maybin.

To me, Maybin seems like a guy you have to play at OLB in a 3-4. Besides how undersized he is, most of the scouting reports I read on him talk about how he has a great first step, but doesn't play with power. There's no way a guy his size can hold up against the run at DE. If you want to play him in a 4-3, it means you're either converting him to OLB, which is a major position change, or you're just employing him as a situational pass rusher. I think #11 is too high for a situational player. In fact, I think just about any first rounder is too high for a situational player. If the dude can't ever start in your scheme (and I don't think Maybin can ever start in ours), don't pick him in the first round.

I really like him as a pass-rushing OLB in a 3-4, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats grab him with their first-round pick, and see him put up 8-10 sacks this year. But he's perfectly suited for a scheme like theirs, and poorly suited for a scheme like ours. That's how I see it, anyway.

Exactly. Without exception.

He played at 234 lbs. He weighed in at the combine at 249 lbs. and ran slower than my grandmother with a broken hip. Listen basskik11 - he has "bust" written all over him. Avoid this guy like the plague.

No way your grandmother could out-run him. Even if her hip was healthy. :thumbsup:

Although he might be a better fit for OLB in a 3-4 scheme, he is very impressive. I know that he is a one year wonder, and a young one at that, but the one thing that doesn't worry me as much about him is the fact that he played in the Big-Ten. Now i know a lot of you seem to not be so high on Big-Ten players, PSU in particular, but they grind out very good offensive lineman year after year. Joe Thomas and Jake Long most recently. While the WR's and RB's may not be big time players in the pro's, the lineman and a lot of defensive players do very well.

So Maybin has bulked up to become a smallish defensive end...he's still a tweener. I still have doubts that he can play DE in large part because I CAN'T FIND ANY DECENT VIDEO ON THE GUY! YouTube has nothing. Anyways...

I agree with the statement above that he projects as a 3-4 linebacker.

Purely from a Bills standpoint I wish he'd not bulked up and had run lighter at the combine to see if he could play 4-3 outside backer. He had just added the weight and his 3 cone drill and short shuttle were slow...much slower than Clay Matthews and Conner Barwin for instance. I'd like to have seen him do those drills at 235.

I just don't think he's a good fit for the Bills.