Let's get rid of every good player we have.

Dibs

It's not just me, is it?

What is it with the continually incessant ramblings about cutting/trading our good players?

It seems to me that unless our players are playing at HOFer level(from their rookie year)......never get injured.....are happy to play at reasonable salaries(based on salaries from 4 year ago)......and never do anything wrong.....there is a large contingent here who will continually agressively argue that we should get rid of the player.

If OBD were to listen to the vocal minority here(I'm assuming it's a minority.....I bloody hope it is), we would be saying goodbye to....

Peters(2 probowls, widely considered one of the best young talents at LT in the league): Greedy, lazy, no good, troublemaker

Lynch(1 probowl): Thug who is not a superstar

Schobel(2 probowls, very few match his sack production, injured last season): Over-rated, over-paid, useless.

Whitner(Generally considered a very solid player): No big plays, isn't N'Gata.

Parrish(Best punt returner statistically in NFL history): We could get something for him.

The only other 'good' players we have are Evans & Stroud.....and apparently Evans is over-paid & Stroud is OK.

And it's not just the good players....

Edwards Hasn't hit probowl levels yet....after his 2 seasons.

Poz Isn't an instant star....after his 2 seasons(missing his first).

McGee Getting older....should be traded while he is still worth something.

I know....let's trade every starter.....we'll surely be able to re-build a superbowl team with all of the draft picks. :lol:

Hell.....big cheers for cutting dockery! Over-paid....obviously a bad player. Still landed himself a $5mil/year deal shortly after being cut. Five Million per year.....for a player that was garbage for us! I still can't believe that there were far more comments about being glad that he's gone than about the huge hole at LG that was created.

Draft picks always look better than our current players. Let's trade them for draft picks....we can easily fill the holes via the draft. For those that are not aware.....DRAFT PICKS ARE HIT OR MISS! There is no guarantee of success and in fact there is more chance of failure.

And why do people think that our players are more valuable to other teams than to us? It boggles the mind to think that some other team is willing to not only trade valuable draft picks for our guys....but to also then pay them top dollar. If it was going to happen, surely the player is valuable to us!!!

Sorry about the ramble/rant but it feels like the patients have taken over the asylum around here lately.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just me, is it?

What is it with the continually incessant ramblings about cutting/trading our good players?

It seems to me that unless our players are playing at HOFer level(from their rookie year)......never get injured.....are happy to play at reasonable salaries(based on salaries from 4 year ago)......and never do anything wrong.....there is a large contingent here who will continually agressively argue that we should get rid of the player.

If OBD were to listen to the vocal minority here(I'm assuming it's a minority.....I bloody hope it is), we would be saying goodbye to....

Peters(2 probowls, widely considered one of the best young talents at LT in the league): Greedy, lazy, no good, troublemaker

Schobel(2 probowls, very few match his sack production, injured last season): Over-rated, over-paid, useless.

Parrish(Best punt returner statistically in NFL history): We could get something for him.

The only other 'good' players we have are Evans & Stroud.....and apparently Evans is over-paid & Stroud is OK.

I know....let's trade every starter.....we'll surely be able to re-build a superbowl team with all of the draft picks. :lol:

Hell.....big cheers for cutting dockery! Over-paid....obviously a bad player. Still landed himself a $5mil/year deal shortly after being cut. Five Million per year.....for a player that was garbage for us! I still can't believe that there were far more comments about being glad that he's gone than about the huge hole at LG that was created.

Draft picks always look better than our current players. Let's trade them for draft picks....we can easily fill the holes via the draft. For those that are not aware.....DRAFT PICKS ARE HIT OR MISS! There is no guarantee of success and in fact there is more chance of failure.

And why do people think that our players are more valuable to other teams than to us? It boggles the mind to think that some other team is willing to not only trade valuable draft picks for our guys....but to also then pay them top dollar. If it was going to happen, surely the player is valuable to us!!!

Sorry about the ramble/rant but it feels like the patients have taken over the asylum around here lately.

I don't disagree with a lot of what You wrote...But I would not refer to the Doc release to further Your point...Dockery underachieved BIG TIME based on his bloated Salary...The guy was being paid like an All-Pro and played like an All-Girl at times...He was a HUGE disappointment! Just because the Redskins overpay for a Player does not mean He's worth it...Let's not forget it is the Redskins We are taking about...

Otherwise point well taken... :lol:

It's not just me, is it?

I agree. WNYers are a bunch of winers. The biggest problem is Ralph is a tightwad who plays favorites. Evans plays ball, kisses the ring, and gets his $$. Peters is more typical of today's NFL player and he'll get shipped out for a 2nd rounder.

Not condoning it Dibs, but I think it's due to a decade of terrible choices in players, coaching and play calling. If you're not attuned to the misery felt by 'the minority' over keeping Jauron's NON-winning influence over the team, then you'll likely never figure it out. ANYTHING has to be better than the embarrassing performmances we've endured over the last 5 years.

Of course we have some very good players. As you noted, there's a gaping hole @ LG. RW acknowledged at season's end 'we don't have enough good players'. Yet -aside from picking up a cut player many believe is a malcontent- virtually nothing has been done to alter not having enough good players. Worse, we're sitting by as our division foes -all of whom SMOKED us last year- are adding pieces to improve themselves.

I don't know how we as Bills fans could act any other way than the way we are now. It's called desperation!

To OBD: DO SOMETHING!!!

I don't disagree with a lot of what You wrote...But I would not refer to the Doc release to further Your point...Dockery underachieved BIG TIME based on his bloated Salary...The guy was being paid like an All-Pro and played like an All-Girl at times...He was a HUGE disappointment! Just because the Redskins overpay for a Player does not mean He's worth it...Let's not forget it is the Redskins We are taking about...

I fully agree with this. Imo, Dockery was about average, at too big of a cost and too little effort. That said, Dibs is right. I will take it a step further and say that many are even all too ready to trade draft picks as well. Edwards and a #11 for Cutler? This is simply insane.

Jmo.

My favorite is when people say we should cut him because he isn't worth a roster spot. As if keeping an 8th linebacker or a 4th tight end will help us more than the NFL's best punt returner. :lol:

Well, if the defense isn't good enough to force a punt ... :lol:

I fully agree with this. Imo, Dockery was about average, at too big of a cost and too little effort. That said, Dibs is right. I will take it a step further and say that many are even all too ready to trade draft picks as well. Edwards and a #11 for Cutler? This is simply insane.

Jmo.

Edwards and our first for Cutler is insane. Now Edwards and our second, that'd be heavenly.`

Who pissed in your Wheaties? I don't recall anyone besides you ever coming on this board and saying trade every starter. Many have said trade Peters, and I agree if he doesn't want to play and only wants to B word and moan, get his ass out of here by draft day. Lynch, if he doesn't straighten his act up, we won't have to get rid of him, he will Pacman himself out of the league. Sit back and take a deep breath, seems like you are going a little spastic on us.

Edwards and our first for Cutler is insane. Now Edwards and our second, that'd be heavenly.`

If the truth was known, the Bills would rather probably trade the first vice the second, for the same reason teams don't want to move up in the draft, the lower the pick, way less money is required to sign them.

Jmo.

I remember people say that 25 games started ,you should be able to tell how good your qb should be .Long enough they said. Well how many games did Edwards start? Plus he is injury prone. And you look he has gotten worse as the season went on both years as a starter. After our 5 and 1 start, he was the worse QB in football. Losman was blamed for every bad game that we had, but when Edwards looses its because of coaches and offensive line,everything but him. the guy showed promise his rookie year but he didn't show me any improvement his second year as a starter and that worries me. And you can't look at a win and lost record and judge a QB. Because your Qb could have a winning drive and the other team could score on your defense with a minute to go on a last second FG and that would count as a lost to the starting QB or the backup QB could come in and score the winning TD and it would count as a win for guy who started. I think we would be a better team with Cutler than Edwards. If Edwards starts this year I hope he shows more improvement than he did his second year as a starter. He has the recievers and if they keep Peters a good left tackle to protect him.

Great Post Dibs.

I mean it seems like half this board wants to get rid of our best players.

Peters is the best LT we have had since Ballard.

Marshawn is the best runningback since Thurman.

Trent Edwards has shown the most promise since Kelly.

Whitner the best safety since Henry Jones

Mcgee very solid corner and best kick returner ever.

Parrish best Puntreturner ever

Schobel the best DE since Bruce Smith

Poz a very promising LB

Kelsay....umm ok... I got nothing for Kelsay

I think it just shows the frustration of fans and the unreasonable, unrealistic views on our current situation.

My point on Dockery was more to highlight the mass mentality of......

Happy to cut a serviceable player because he is overpaid.....but have very little thought/concern about the concept that there is nobody on the roster to replace him.

Either those that subscribed to the "Yay we cut him" mentality have great faith in the FO that we'll not only bring in a valued FA(or trade) to replace him, but that they will get it right this time.....or.....they have an unrealistic view of what can be expected from a rookie from the upcomming draft.