How Will All of the Cutler Talk Impact Trent?

H2o

Trent is a young QB that seems like he might be a little unsure of himself right now anyway. But with all of this talk of Cutler, his agent being in town, and the media reports? This has to be weighing on him a little you would think. What if the story gets broke that the Bills were trying to actually persue Cutler? Does it destroy Trent? I think it very well could mean the destruction of another young QB here in Buffalo if we're trying to make the move and it doesn't work out. Then again, you don't really have an opportunity to grab a QB like Cutler in the trade market very often. Buffalo does have to go after whom they believe could help the team the most. This also could effect Owens or cause him to get caught up in controversy here also. What if he's having one of those days where he ever so easily inserts his foot in his mouth and they ask him, "Who'd you rather be catching passes from Cutler or Edwards?", and he answers with the name of the guy not on the roster(Kinda like the McNabb, Favre interview)? This whole thing could spell disaster all the way around for us if it isn't handled exactly right.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nit pick, but just where is this "Cutler talk?" I don't see any articles on the front page. I'm not local, so I don't get the TV/radio coverage most of you do, but it seems to me that the "Cutler talk" is just hot air on the internet.

Most of it stems from the radio report mentioned here.

If he is a weenie and made of such fragile stuff that he lets this effect his play then quite likely he will never be the QB we need to take us deep in the playoffs.

If he is a smart player then he lets this roll off his back.

My guess is he ignores this until something real happens.

Unless I missed something, I don't know where Trent Edwards has shown he is any bit unsure of himself as a QB or a person for that matter. He seems calm and confident he can contribute to this team to win now. Whether it be only on the surface, only he may know, but he doesn't show it in any interview or quote I have seen.

Trent is a young QB that seems like he might be a little unsure of himself right now anyway.

Are you pulling this information our of your ass or something? Where on earth did you ever get the idea that Trent Edwards was unsure of himself in any way? That guy is nothing but a big bright ball of confidence.

If any player on any team who isn't performing at or near to Pro Bowl level doesn't understand he could be replaced at any time is a fool. Obviously the Bills front office was/is at least considering the possibility of Cutler, as by any objective standard he would likely be an upgrade over Edwards, sans the whining and other b.s. they would need to deal with.

If any player on any team who isn't performing at or near to Pro Bowl level doesn't understand he could be replaced at any time is a fool. Obviously the Bills front office was/is at least considering the possibility of Cutler, as by any objective standard he would likely be an upgrade over Edwards, sans the whining and other b.s. they would need to deal with.

the bills FO could be content with trent edwards and cutler or any other QB, other than a back up, may never have even been considered. there are a few other needs. someone named soprano started this rumor in some 3 way trade sh#t and there have been several threads ever since, yet still not a scrap of any sort of evidence. especially with cutler being under contract.

in any case he may not be an immediate upgrade as he would have to learn a new system.

Why stop at Cutler?? Let's be the Anna Nicole Smith of the NFL.

Why not Belicheck? And let's overpay Tony Gonzalez so he'll come here just for a paycheck even though he hates Buffalo!

Why not trade Lynch and Jackson for Adrian Peterson?

Trade Pol for Urlacher, Overpay Peppers and bring him in, and replace Turk Schonert with Mike Martz!

Skip the draft and we're set right?? Right?? :lol:

Not sure why it would effect Trent. The only place a possible trade for Cutler is being discussed in on these boards, and my guess is Trent doesn't care what is said on here. If a trade was being discussed with his agent, it was more than likely for Tony Scheffler, the TE who is also his client, and would fill a bigger need on the Bills than Cutler would.

Why stop at Cutler?? Let's be the Anna Nicole Smith of the NFL.

Why not Belicheck? And let's overpay Tony Gonzalez so he'll come here just for a paycheck even though he hates Buffalo!

Why not trade Lynch and Jackson for Adrian Peterson?

Trade Pol for Urlacher, Overpay Peppers and bring him in, and replace Turk Schonert with Mike Martz!

Skip the draft and we're set right?? Right?? :lol:

Although none of those scenarios would ever happen, they all would be improvements!

What makes it "obvious" that they were/are considering Culter?" just because some of us bored fans thought it up on these boards?

Trent is a young QB that seems like he might be a little unsure of himself right now anyway. But with all of this talk of Cutler, his agent being in town, and the media reports? This has to be weighing on him a little you would think. What if the story gets broke that the Bills were trying to actually persue Cutler? Does it destroy Trent? I think it very well could mean the destruction of another young QB here in Buffalo if we're trying to make the move and it doesn't work out. Then again, you don't really have an opportunity to grab a QB like Cutler in the trade market very often. Buffalo does have to go after whom they believe could help the team the most. This also could effect Owens or cause him to get caught up in controversy here also. What if he's having one of those days where he ever so easily inserts his foot in his mouth and they ask him, "Who'd you rather be catching passes from Cutler or Edwards?", and he answers with the name of the guy not on the roster(Kinda like the McNabb, Favre interview)? This whole thing could spell disaster all the way around for us if it isn't handled exactly right.

Your whole posts makes no sense and has no validity. Did you think this stuff up? You are putty the horse way before the cart.