Maybin reminds Mel Kiper of Suggs

Was just watching ESPN cold hard facts where Kiper was being asked who certain players in the 2009 draft remind him of regarding current NFL players when they were first coming out of the draft. I don't know too much about Maybin, but if Kiper turns out to be right, I would love another Penn Stater on our defense.

If Raji magically last till the 11th pick, I would eat a whole onion & not cry afterwards. :cry::thumbsup::lol:

Was just watching ESPN cold hard facts where Kiper was being asked who certain players in the 2009 draft remind him of regarding current NFL players when they were first coming out of the draft. I don't know too much about Maybin, but if Kiper turns out to be right, I would love another Penn Stater on our defense.

If Raji magically last till the 11th pick, I would eat a whole onion & not cry afterwards. :cry::thumbsup::lol:

We better nab Maybin then because lord knows how great PSU been turning out defenders like LaVar Arrington, Courtney Brown, Michael Haynes and Poz (one could argue that we should have stayed put and taken David Harris instead). In terms of Raji, I doubt we'd take him if was available as it seems like the current regime seems to prefer taking needs then BPA in Round 1.

Suggs holds the single season record for sacks in the NCAA at 24 in one season. Suggs has also always played at about 260lbs. Maybin didn't get to the QB nearly that much and he only played at about 230-235lbs. The only similarity is that Suggs ran a 4.84 40-yard dash and Maybin ran a 4.87. Kiper is trying to say that Maybin's first step is just as quick. In other words he's :thumbsup: Suggs has a bigger frame than Maybin and is stronger. He bull-rushed guys when he was at ASU as well as used his athletecism to get to the QB. Maybin isn't going to bull-rush anybody.

If Maybin was as good as Suggs was advertised, then he would be gone before pick 10.....I think the key to the top of the draft is where would Stafford and Sanchez go...If these guys are top 10 picks, then we will end up one of the good OT and DEs.

I have no idea why Maybin is regarded as a top prospect. There is nothing about him that is better than all the other guys out there. He has a quick first step, Browns is quicker, so is Johnsons, Barwins, and even Larry English. He plays at a WRs weight. Maybin will look like Chris Ellis did this past season during his career.

Kiper sucks somethign awful, I could do what he does with more accuracy.

Suggs holds the single season record for sacks in the NCAA at 24 in one season. Suggs has also always played at about 260lbs. Maybin didn't get to the QB nearly that much and he only played at about 230-235lbs. The only similarity is that Suggs ran a 4.84 40-yard dash and Maybin ran a 4.87. Kiper is trying to say that Maybin's first step is just as quick. In other words he's :thumbsup: Suggs has a bigger frame than Maybin and is stronger. He bull-rushed guys when he was at ASU as well as used his athletecism to get to the QB. Maybin isn't going to bull-rush anybody.

If we ran a 3-4 id be all over this guy. But i dont think he is big enough to be a 4-3 end. I think we need to stay away from these tweeners. I heard an interview with him and he is trying to be able to play both. I think we need a true 4-3 end who can get to the qb in addition to a true playmaking olb.

Kiper is a dolt :thumbsup:

Maybin had one good year at Penn st and since the end of the season he gained 15 lbs, went from 234 to 249. At the combine he looked terribad and in the 3 cone drill he stunk the place up and lost that burst first step.

If you go only by his collage film he looks really good,if you go by the combine he has complete bust written all over him.Dunno how he is still ranked at the top 10 spot by Kiper.

If Raji magically last till the 11th pick, I would eat a whole onion & not cry afterwards. :cry::huh::lol:

Kiper's hair reminds me of a dead badger covered in axle grease.

We better nab Maybin then because lord knows how great PSU been turning out defenders like LaVar Arrington, Courtney Brown, Michael Haynes and Poz (one could argue that we should have stayed put and taken David Harris instead). In terms of Raji, I doubt we'd take him if was available as it seems like the current regime seems to prefer taking needs then BPA in Round 1.

?? - Arrington was phenomenal for 3-4 seasons before the injuries.

Honestly, and I might be in the minority, but I believe DT is a bigger need than DE. With Schobel coming back, I feel Kelsay/Denney/Ellis are fine.

However, on the other side of Stroud we have Kyle "Blah" Williams, Spencer "Who?" Johnson, and John "I can't even get being traded right!" McCargo.

Personally, I think Maybin is becoming ridiculously overhyped. He only played 2 years and was only decent one of them. He's vastly undersized and physically unready.