What would it take for you to trade Peters?

Astrobot

The Eagles own two first round selections in the 2009 Draft, including four (1st-21, 1st-28, 2nd-53, 3rd-85,) of the first eighty-five picks in the draft.

I would need two firsts and a 3rd, and here's my draft:

11-Brian Cushing OLB

21-Alex Mack OC or Max Unger OG

28-Eben Britton OT

42-Robert Ayers DE

75-James Casey TE

85-Fenuki Tupou OG

106-Kraig Urbik OG

139-Vance Walker DT

170-Ian Campbell DE

202-Gartrell Johnson RB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I knew that there was no way that Peters would sign the contract we are offering and that he would hold out, then I'd accept their 2 1st round picks.

I would pick

#11 Pettigrew

#21 English

#28 Ebbon Britton

#42 Duke Robinson

Are you trading our first with Peters?

Fixed. Thanks, Jesus.

11-Brian Cushing OLB

28-Eben Britton OT

42-Robert Ayers DE

75-James Casey TE

85-Fenuki Tupou OG

106-Kraig Urbik OG

139-Vance Walker DT

170-Ian Campbell DE

202-Gartrell Johnson RB

It would take more than draft picks. Buffalo needs to perform this year, and any rookie is a liability. Two 1st round picks is more expensive than signing Peters to an extended contract, not to mention the cost of replacing him. I think it would be a totally stupid move to trade him, and too expensive and risky to be worth it. Especially considering the spot next to him is empty as well. Why don't people see this?

This is all I'd take:

2 1st rounders this year

Brodrick Bunkley

Omar Gaither

Nothing less.

The Eagles own two first round selections in the 2009 Draft, including four (1st-21, 1st-28, 2nd-53, 3rd-85,) of the first eighty-five picks in the draft.

I would need two firsts and a 3rd, and here's my draft:

11-Brian Cushing OLB

28-Eben Britton OT

42-Robert Ayers DE

75-James Casey TE

85-Fenuki Tupou OG

106-Kraig Urbik OG

139-Vance Walker DT

170-Ian Campbell DE

202-Gartrell Johnson RB

It would take more than draft picks. Buffalo needs to perform this year, and any rookie is a liability. Two 1st round picks is more expensive than signing Peters to an extended contract, not to mention the cost of replacing him. I think it would be a totally stupid move to trade him, and too expensive and risky to be worth it. Especially considering the spot next to him is empty as well. Why don't people see this?

This is all I'd take:

2 1st rounders this year

Brodrick Bunkley

Omar Gaither

Nothing less.

no, they are late 1st so they woun't cost that much.

Last years

#21 Sam Baker-LT-Signed a five-year, $13 million

#28 Lawrence Jackson-DE-Signed a five-year, $11.25 million

so 10 years 24.25 million/2.425 per year

Okay, so you aren't dim enough to expect a draft pick to produce like an experienced player in their 1st year, right? Not only that, you do realize that any draft pick is a risk and liability, right? You do realize that we'd basically have ZERO confidence on our QB's blind side, right?

Trading peters is an idea for the bored or stupid.

Okay, so you aren't dim enough to expect a draft pick to produce like an experienced player in their 1st year, right? Not only that, you do realize that any draft pick is a risk and liability, right? You do realize that we'd basically have ZERO confidence on our QB's blind side, right?

Trading peters is an idea for the bored or stupid.

Sure sine Clady (last year 12th pick) gave up I think 2.5 sacks on a team that throws a lot. okay we can't get a good LT at 11, okay. Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher will be there at 11. Heck Eben Britton or William Beatty at 28 would be fine by me.

Sure sine Clady (last year 12th pick) gave up I think 2.5 sacks on a team that throws a lot. okay we can't get a good LT at 11, okay. Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher will be there at 11. Heck Eben Britton or William Beatty at 28 would be fine by me.

I don't expect any of Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher to be there at 11, but we'll see.

it depends on what we have offered him as far as a new contract goes. if we're already at our limit and P/P arent playing nice still, then i'd ship him for 2 1sts and a 3rd.

mind you, i dont WANT to trade him and think it would be dumb, but if we arent going to get him signed now, we never will. if he doesnt get into camp on time this year and performs at the same level as last year, he needs to be benched by week 8.

i liked Jason Peters as a TE in college. I was surprised no one drafted him and was elated when we picked him up. I loved watching him make a career for himself, first on special teams (blocking that punt in the Bengals game), then at RT. I was happy for him when we re-signed him and gave him a hefty raise, especially for a project-player.

All of that is probably what makes his recent attitude so hard to swallow. He is looking more and more like Mike Williams everyday. My fear now is that if/when he ever does get his big contract, that'll be the end of any effort.

Again, I dont want to trade him, I think it's a dumb move. But if the FO thinks that's the best way to handle him... then so be it.

Last years

#21 Sam Baker-LT-Signed a five-year, $13 million

#28 Lawrence Jackson-DE-Signed a five-year, $11.25 million

so 10 years 24.25 million/2.425 per year

late 1st round picks turn into crap shoot players - like McCargo

especially when the pcks are made by our crackerjack talent evaluators

they lucked into a Pro Bowl LT (after cutting him) --just extend the guy