1999 Wildcard Game

I am astonished that NFL Network would put this game on (showing right now - Tuesday night 8 - 9 PM est).

It is the clearest and most blatant example of NFL refs "leaning" (as in, cheating) for a particular team that the NFL had a vested interest in advancing. They just showed successive plays before the half where the refs basically gave the Titans a field goal by reviewing a play that gave them a first down in the last two minutes of the half - when just before, they had not reviewed a clear catch by the Bills inside of 2 minutes that would have put them in field goal range instead.

And, of course, we all know that even after all of this, we still had the game won until they allowed a forward pass with no penalty call on the final play of the game.

Unbelievable - showing it again is like admitting it. I would think they would "destroy the tape" on this one.

I am astonished that NFL Network would put this game on (showing right now - Tuesday night 8 - 9 PM est).

It is the clearest and most blatant example of NFL refs "leaning" (as in, cheating) for a particular team that the NFL had a vested interest in advancing. They just showed successive plays before the half where the refs basically gave the Titans a field goal by reviewing a play that gave them a first down in the last two minutes of the half - when just before, they had not reviewed a clear catch by the Bills inside of 2 minutes that would have put them in field goal range instead.

And, of course, we all know that even after all of this, we still had the game won until they allowed a forward pass with no penalty call on the final play of the game.

Unbelievable - showing it again is like admitting it. I would think they would "destroy the tape" on this one.

I can't believe you can watch it.

Let it go ... nothing you say will change history ... it sucks just like 0-4 in the SB but you can't change history.

If Flutie starts that game it's no where near that close at the end. We win it going away.

unless he played the way he did for a good chunk of the season

It never fails to amaze me that people forget how poorly he played for so much of 1999

It never fails to amaze me that people forget how poorly he played for so much of 1999

I was in college in NYC so only saw some of the games, I just remember Flutie playing poorly and the defense being dominant whenever I saw games.

If we would have won that game, Johnson playing with his shoe off would have become legendary.

The last Bills game I attended was Bills-Giants in 2000. We had the game won if our defense could have stopped them. Fluite's last game with Buffalo was perfect QB score, I can't believe your comment.

Not to depress anyone even more, but what really sucked about that is the previous year we lost in Miami at the end of the game too. What was it, 3rd and goal with 9 seconds left and Flutie was sacked and fumbled. Who was that Jason Taylor or Trace whatever his name was?

I love the Bills and I have all the respect in the world for Bills fans, but many people are still delusional about what happened at the end of that game. The ball did not travel forward (although it may have seemed to from the original angle). Unfortunately the refs made the right call--the lateral was legit. It sucks and it broke my heart, but you cannot hang it on the refs. If you want to blame someone, start with those special teams players who abondoned their lanes.

lets face it...at the end of time there will be a short list of the most terrible things that happened on earth.

a. the crucifixion

b. WWI

c. WWII

d. The Bills Titans game.

e. the Black Plague

Except for the crucifixion, not necessarily in that order.

I'm not a religious man, but one man supposedly dying in order to give eternal life to all of mankind, a day which is celebrated, is worse than a combination of Hitler killing six million people, Stalin killing 10 million people, all the combat and civilian deaths, the A-Bomb, etc.?

The last Bills game I attended was Bills-Giants in 2000. We had the game won if our defense could have stopped them. Fluite's last game with Buffalo was perfect QB score, I can't believe your comment.

Explain to me why a QB would tuck the ball and run with it when he has a WR wide open. There were a lot of times that Andre or Moulds were downfield wide open that Flutie tucked the ball and ran for a few yards. Most of those drives ended in punts and they could've been easy TDs. That's the problem that Flutie had for a good chunk of that season...mostly in the middle...he started playing better later in the year before he was benched.

I'm not a religious man, but one man supposedly dying in order to give eternal life to all of mankind, a day which is celebrated, is worse than a combination of Hitler killing six million people, Stalin killing 10 million people, all the combat and civilian deaths, the A-Bomb, etc.?

I see that you have never been in a foxhole! Maybe the next Hitler will target athiests. There has been more

than a little blood shed over religion, even lack thereof.

BTW, no need to start your post with the obvious.