1999 Wildcard Game

I remember in that game that they showed an overhead image of the forward pass from the blimp. From that angle, there's no doubt it went forward because it limited the dimension of depth, which the refs never took into account when looking at video of the play from a camera that filmed it at an angle.

I've never seen that replay again. Just that one time.

On the NFL Network replay, did they show the overhead image? I'm not insane. I know I saw it. I remember tracing the path of the ball on the TV screen my mom got annoyed with me for it.

unless he played the way he did for a good chunk of the season

It never fails to amaze me that people forget how poorly he played for so much of 1999

The last Bills game I attended was Bills-Giants in 2000. We had the game won if our defense could have stopped them. Fluite's last game with Buffalo was perfect QB score, I can't believe your comment.

It's called revisionist history and it's rampant around here.

haha the crappy thing is the titans went on to barely lose the super bowl that year. Being a bills fan hurts

Would he have played left tackle better than Dust Zeigler did?

I remember in that game that they showed an overhead image of the forward pass from the blimp. From that angle, there's no doubt it went forward because it limited the dimension of depth, which the refs never took into account when looking at video of the play from a camera that filmed it at an angle.

I've never seen that replay again. Just that one time.

On the NFL Network replay, did they show the overhead image? I'm not insane. I know I saw it. I remember tracing the path of the ball on the TV screen my mom got annoyed with me for it.

Was it directly overhead of Wycheck and Dyson at the same time? If not, it doesn't prove anything.

It's called revisionist history and it's rampant around here.

it's called having watched the games without having one's head down in Flutie's crotch.. He deserves plenty of credit for 1998 and for some games in 1999, but to say he played well throughout the bulk of the 1999 season is laughable to say the least

it's called having watched the games without having one's head down in Flutie's crotch.. He deserves plenty of credit for 1998 and for some games in 1999, but to say he played well throughout the bulk of the 1999 season is laughable to say the least

He is doing quite well on ECW on Tuesday night's right now :(

whatever

In 1999 his line was:

Completion % 55.2

Yards: 3,171

TDs: 19

Picks: 16

Yards per attempt: 6.6

Rating: 75.1

Record: 10-5

If it was all defense and not any to do with Flutie, I'd except similar win loss record for Rob Johnson which didn't happen.

Flutie aside from is play was a great leader on the field, in the huddle, and in the locker room. This translates into wins in close games. There are no stats for that.

Just win Baby !!

If it was all defense and not any to do with Flutie, I'd except similar win loss record for Rob Johnson which didn't happen.

Flutie aside from is play was a great leader on the field, in the huddle, and in the locker room. This translates into wins in close games. There are no stats for that.

Just win Baby !!

That #1 defense showed how we could win with a mediocre set of QBs. The same way Chicago took a very avg QB in Rex Grossman to the SB with a great defense and special Teams....

If the Bills can build a STRONG defense, a defense that does not tire out, will allow a Trent Edwards team to take the Bills deep into the playoffs. We have the ST part going...WE need the defense to play its part.