Rosenhaus...

Buftex

I see Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN, being interviewed by Bob Ley... the guy is such a sleaze, he makes it pretty clear, from Owens side of things, this deal was all about the money. You get the feeling that Owens would have signed with whatever team was willing to sign him for the most dollars. Can't help but feel like the Bills are being a little used here....

I see Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN, being interviewed by Bob Ley... the guy is such a sleaze, he makes it pretty clear, from Owens side of things, this deal was all about the money. You get the feeling that Owens would have signed with whatever team was willing to sign him for the most dollars. Can't help but feel like the Bills are being a little used here....

You really didn't just type that seriously, did you?

:flirt: That is what 99% od free agents do, they go where the most money is. Do you think Fitzpatrick would be a Bill if somebody was willing to pay him more money?

These posts crack me up! After all these people have been screaming to OVER PAY players to come here...in other words, they come for the money, they now complain about a player possibly coming here for the money.

LMAO...seriously, MONEY is the entire BASIS of free agency, too funny...

Did you think it was his burning desire to play for the Bills? I'm sure he's a die hard fan, having grown up in Alabama and all.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I thought everybody started out as a Bills fan and changed teams only after suffering dain bramage.... :thumbsup::w00t::w00t:

I just watched that video. He is such a douche, and like you said, he's sleazy. But that's agents for you.

Yet the "most" money he got was $6.5M, again less than the average Coles is getting from the Bengals. I'll take it!

I heard Rosenhaus interviewed and chuckled when he said that the Bills were paying TO more money than he would have made with the Cowboys. While comparing base salary to base salary that's true, Owens got a 3-year $27M contract extension prior to the 2008 season, with $13M in guaranteed money, for essentially last season.

Dude..who cares? If not for money, we'd get NO free agents on this team. And do you really think our draft choices want to go to Buffalo?

???

Whatever you think of Rosenhaus, he gets deals done and his players don't hold out.

These posts crack me up! After all these people have been screaming to OVER PAY players to come here...in other words, they come for the money, they now complain about a player possibly coming here for the money.

:thumbsup:

I'm not talking about butfex but it is funny how many people here are never satisfied. They want all the big name FA's then the Bills get one and it's no good because of this or that. Aye Yi Yi. I was pretty sure before but now I'm convinced that there are a lot of people here that only want to complain and if the Bills made the SB and won it would be because they were lucky or they didn't win by enough points yada, yada, yada.

For every non-expert opinion there is an equal and opposite non-expert opinion. Same goes for experts quite often as well.

Did you think the same thing when Coles signed with Cincy?

You really didn't just type that seriously, did you?

Yes, I did. I find that well thought out posts here illicit zero response! :thumbsup:

And I know you are being flipant, but you know as well as anyone, there have been vetrans of Owens' stature who have taken less to play in cities that gave them a better chance to win.

Let me explain, if you haven't seen the video (sorry no link). You get the sense that Rosenhaus (and by extension TO), really didn't have any criteria for choosing a team, other than money. Rosenhaus keeps cutting off Ley, when he asked anything specific about Owens' departure from Dallas, saying things like "the bottom line, and the most important thing, is that TO is making about 650,000 more than he would have made in Dallas this year". He actually put a price tag on it. He also referenced that "TO has been through some difficult situations, and is landing on his feet" or some bs like that. It is like the agent, can't acknowledge that Owens is as much to blame for his predicament as anyone. There wasn't even the generic "TO just wants to win football games, and we felt that Buffalo was the best place for him to do that." It was all about how TO was wronged, but the laugh is on everyone else, because he found a job making more money in two days."

For everyone who keeps saying the fact that this is a one year deal is a good thing, there is the other side of that. I don't get the feeling that Owens has any intention of staying in Buffalo longer than one season, wanted or not. During his press conference, Owens seemed scripted as to what to say, specifically, about the Bills, like he had never given them a serious thought.

Did you think the same thing when Coles signed with Cincy?

I wasn't all that crazy about Coles either. And I don't even care that he came here for the money. I just find the brazen, crass attitude of the agent to be somewhat tasteless. Unfortunately, it is just a sign that not much will change...

But, people seem to all of the sudden have forgotten that Owens has been bad news with every team he has ever been with. He is talented, I am not denying it. But, this franchise will now be taking a back seat to the impulses of their diva wide receiver. And in the end, I am not sold that this gamble gets this team any closer to a the playoffs (not even mentioning the Super Bowl) than Drew Bledsoe did.

I wasn't all that crazy about Coles either. And I don't even care that he came here for the money. I just find the brazen, crass attitude of the agent to be somewhat tasteless. Unfortunately, it is just a sign that not much will change...

But, people seem to all of the sudden have forgotten that Owens has been bad news with every team he has ever been with. He is talented, I am not denying it. But, this franchise will now be taking a back seat to the impulses of their diva wide receiver. And in the end, I am not sold that this gamble gets this team any closer to a the playoffs (not even mentioning the Super Bowl) than Drew Bledsoe did.

Agree with you. T.O. does seem to be mellowing in his old age. His behavior in Dallas seemed improved over that in Philly and SF. Another positive step in that direction by him should mean minimal fireworks. He's a difference maker on the field, something the Bills need. It's a 1 year deal which means he's a band-aid. Jauron I'm sure is not thinking past this season nor can he IMO. Now that the deal is done, Rosenhaus will be out of the picture unless something blows up.