OWENS IN BUFFALO

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team divisiveness. That is the LAST thing this team needs right now. At least they are united.... behind a crappy coach.

At first, I didn't like the idea (plus I didn't think he'd come here anyhow), but this team needs players with a little passion -- someone who can light a fire under his teammates -- someone who will be a leader and demand accountability.

This is an outrage. What happened to signing "high character players?" Does anyone really think that TO will be able to work with Edwards? or not show up Evans? or not bad mouth Dick & Turk?

This makes absolutely no sense.

screw the "high-character" thing -- that hasn't worked out so well, has it?

Amen. T.O.! Go ahead tear up your tickets, douchebags. It is time to win, this move obviously underscores that fact. 37 tds in the last three years a-holes. argue with that.

This line from an SI article and it's effing funny as hades;

And maybe the most intriguing of all, how is T.O.'s flash gonna play in blue-collar Buffalo? I mean, picturing T.O. in Buffalo is kind of like imagining the Queen of England at a monster truck show. Just doesn't seem to fit.

Ross is cool. One of the times I talked to him at training camp, he and Sam Adams had just had a shoving match that ended up with Adams laying on top of him. When we asked him if he could tell us what it was about, he said something along the lines of, "I told him Big Macs were better than Whoppers. Guess he likes Whoppers better."

One quibble, though:

But Buffalo? T.O. will bring his big-city ways to a decidedly mid-major environment and mentality. Glitz is out. Wings are in. Good-bye Vodka Martini. Hello Labatt Blue. It will be an adjustment, to be sure. I am sure T.O takes consolation in the fact that it is likely only a nine-month stop on his path back to being a major player on the NFL landscape. The funny thing is that, from the Bills' perspective, they might be just fine with that.

If you look hard, I bet you can probably find a martini bar or five in Buffalo.

Ross is cool. One of the times I talked to him at training camp, he and Sam Adams had just had a shoving match that ended up with Adams laying on top of him. When we asked him if he could tell us what it was about, he said something along the lines of, "I told him Big Macs were better than Whoppers. Guess he likes Whoppers better."

One quibble, though:

If you look hard, I bet you can probably find a martini bar or five in Buffalo.

:D

I like the non martini bar image for the city! :thumbdown:

I am a life long Bills fan and I did not see this coming. I am not a Terrell fan, but I am going to just have to live with it. I thought he would sign with New England or the Redskins. Maybe he will be able to help our young receivers, Hardy, Smith, Parrish and even Evans, How you may say...working out etc...he is a work horse. Any or you Madden fans gonna have fun playing with your Bills on the video game at least...

Never got into the debate about TO here, just argued against the fans who wanted Coles. I honestly never thought TO would ever end up coming here so I never gave it a second thought. TO is a much MUCH better receiver than Coles and I think he's worth the risk to a team that hasn't reached the playoffs since forever. I wanted the Bills to give Steve Johnson the chance at the #2 wideout position, but this one year supercharged experiment with TO is alright with me.

It's my hope his intensity will rub off on our team full of lifeless drone players who seem to only like to talk about how hard they play and then proceed to sleepwalk through the games on Sundays. The Buffalo Bills just got a WHOLE lot interesting. Now we can only hope the Bills actually try to score points this year and not look like the endzone's got kudies. That means no more deferring you Dick!!

:thumbdown:

alright i slept on it.

i like it, im buying my jersey this week. im excited to see if/how the rest of the team picks up on his work ethic (few in the league practice and train harder than TO). I'm hoping the rest of the team is so stable with all the high-character goodie two shoes (who havent won ANYTHING) that they will be able to absorb any issues but i dont think theyll have to.

TO finally got what he's always wanted, he's the biggest fish in the pond and at least for the next year, he will be treated as such. im pumped to see him on the field across from Evans.

after the initial shock has worn off, it makes sense that TO and the Bills are actually a perfect fit for each other. hopefully, theyll prove as much on the field.

Here's to looking forward to the draft and the season again!

:thumbdown:

moves on? yes, lets get josh reed or hardy back at 2nd WR. lol.

First of all, I was talking to Rich, not you. And YES, I do hope this guy moves on after

1 year. This is a desperation move by Ralph and Dick. T.O. will eventually unravel and

I hope it will be someplace else.

Never got into the debate about TO here, just argued against the fans who wanted Coles. I honestly never thought TO would ever end up coming here so I never gave it a second thought. TO is a much MUCH better receiver than Coles and I think he's worth the risk to a team that hasn't reached the playoffs since forever. I wanted the Bills to give Steve Johnson the chance at the #2 wideout position, but this one year supercharged experiment with TO is alright with me.

It's my hope his intensity will rub off on our team full of lifeless drone players who seem to only like to talk about how hard they play and then proceed to sleepwalk through the games on Sundays. The Buffalo Bills just got a WHOLE lot interesting. Now we can only hope the Bills actually try to score points this year and not look like the endzone's got kudies. That means no more deferring you Dick!!

:thumbsup:

I agree 100% with this post. Coles was never explosive in his prime, so why sign a possession receiver with concussions who is on the decline? Owens on the other hand was, and still is, an explosive playmaker. I too thought Steve Johnson could possibly become a stud - and maybe he still can. And I agree that Owens on the sidelines just may be the foot-up-the-a$$ that this franchise needs.

Holy !@#$! I cannot believe we have TO! Lee and TO is ridiculous! I wish him the best and hope he keeps his mouth shut. TO is a competitor no doubt and might just be what this team needs. Our offense just got a helluva lot better. And wait and see what kind of year Lee has now that he has a big time WR taking the heat off him. WOW!

Not in the first year, he didn't. TO trouble has always come after a honeymoon period. It's true he turned on Garcia, McNabb and Romo, but in the first year (or two) it was all love...and success.

I'm simply flabbergasted the Bills did this, AND that Owens agreed to come to Buffalo, and the one-year contract. But, he's done so much damage, over the years, and burned so many bridges, the stars just aligned, this year.

A one-year contract is genius, and I don't really expect to see him in Buffalo for longer than that. But, for one year, the younger WRs have a chance to develop and Trent has a big, confident WR to throw to...and maybe teach him about having some balls.

Nobody can say, for sure, if this move will work. TO could get hurt in Training Camp and be out for the year, or he really could be washed-up. But for one year, at $6.5 Million, he could be one of the missing pieces to jump start this team, seemingly stuck a 7-9. If he's a bust, they can actually just cut him, if they want. There are no cap repercussions for future years.

Count me as quite pleased with the move.

That's a good BINGO!!

TO to Buffalo...wow. I never would have thought the Bills would bring him in but I love it!! The Bills are in the spotlight for something other than missing a field goal. Plus he adds a weapon opposite Evans. It will be cool to see teams try to single cover either of them...I was just talking to my bro the other day and said that I wanted them for once to bring in a FA who I've actually heard of....check.

In most ways, TO is a very high character guy. He plays hard, practices hard and doesn't get in public situations with the law. He is a model citizen, actually.

He's just a me-first douchebag. Fortumately, that side of him doesn't appear (or at least hasn't) in his first year with a team.