Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and nothing of substance was reported. Of course Brandon "expects" Peters to be on the team, he is currently under contract Brnadon makes a few generic statement and everyone starts reading too much into them. McDaniel said he expected Cutler to be his startiing QB 2 days before he was traded.

And later, McDaniel changed his mind.

This definitely is a story, as it tells us what Brandon's frame of mind is right now. Obviously, it doesn't guarantee no trade will happen, since people do change their mind.

But it's significant.

EDIT: Oh, you already addressed this, Tim. Well, thanks. I really appreciate your taking time to keep us up to date.

Lynch and his representation asked for the meeting to move along the process and try to impress upon the commissioner that he will make changes in his life.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I think teams measure character differently. Some will put a line through their name before the draft ever begins. Others will weigh what they know if the time comes that a player is available when they're on the clock. Drafting is an art more than a science. Character is an issue in all 32 draft rooms, but there probably are 32 different ways to plug it into an evaluation process.

Nice way of explaining that. :thumbsup:

BTW, do you know why Polian was fired by Ralph?

Hey Tim - Why are there no interviews with Parker or Peters? I'd assume that Peters is doing the silent treatment, but why not Parker? Is it that he won't talk, or can't? Is Peters at least talking to any of the players? I know he used to text Dockery who obviously isn't with Buffalo anymore. With all the holdouts you hear about, its strange that Peters is in such a bubble again.

Hey Tim - Why are there no interviews with Parker or Peters? I'd assume that Peters is doing the silent treatment, but why not Parker? Is it that he won't talk, or can't? Is Peters at least talking to any of the players? I know he used to text Dockery who obviously isn't with Buffalo anymore. With all the holdouts you hear about, its strange that Peters is in such a bubble again.

I couldn't wait for Tim's answer Bill so I am gong to speculate that Parker and Peters don't see anything to gain by going to the press to try and get the fans on their side, thereby increasing the pressure on the front office. Personally, I think its more professional to just shut your yaps in public. The critical comments made about Peters at the start of camp last year poisoned many a fan against Peters but certainly was no help in the long run when it came to negotiations. Both sides now are fairly silent and when they do speak, have done so with respect. I am hoping that is a good sign.

Someone mentioned that Parker doesn't talk to the media types. Just not how he operates. Not sure if it was Tim or someone else.

Apparently, according to guys in the press, Parker rarely if ever speaks to the press -- with good or bad news -- before, during or after negotiations and deals. He just doesn't do it.

I've lost count at the number of messages I've left on his office and cell phone. Counting last summer, probably upwards of 30 or 40 messages. Not one has been returned.

Anyone care to field this one for me?

:P

Niiice ... but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Bonehead, that's why I asked. :thumbsup: I've heard different things. :wallbash:

;)

You do know that Tim was still in college (and nowhere near Buffalo) when that happened all those years ago, right? Just checking.

You do know that Tim was still in college (and nowhere near Buffalo) when that happened all those years ago, right? Just checking.

In a strange twist that reply has me picturing you as a 73 year old lady... :thumbsup: