Carolina OL Geoff Hangartner signs with the Bills

kdipirro

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of people just talking out of their @ss, let's do some research on the guy.

Here are the games he started and how the Panthers' offense did:

Chicago - 216 yards, 114 rushing

Minnesota - 204 yards, 47 rushing.

Tampa - 282 yards, 40 rushing.

NO - 336 yards, 143 rushing.

Arizona - 351 yards, 113 rushing.

Detroit - 366 yards, 264 rushing.

Giants - 343 yards, 158 rushing.

NO - 478 yards, 234 rushing.

The Panthers' averages with GH starting are 322 yards, with 139 rushing. That's some very solid production especially with a very shaky Delhomme. I think this is a good signing.

I don't like Simmons because of the injury. The Steelers had to know what they were doing when they released him.

Simmons is a good player coming off a major injury. He will come pretty cheap because of that. Even if he doesn't contribute until late in the year it would be worth while for the Bills to take a shot.

I don't like Simmons because of the injury. The Steelers had to know what they were doing when they released him.

They also released Faneca last year and M. Smith as well this year. They still won the SB, but their rushing totals were way down this year and a part of that was the loss of Simmons. It's the classic "at the right price" scenario, but I think he would be good to have as a backup/possible starter.

Makes sense, can't say I read the text word for word like yourself more or less read it and remember him starting at both if I remember correctly. But let's nit-pick rather and give stellar responses like your own.

Whoa, calm down...it wasnt meant as an insult.

Just saying that instead of the text reading "OL Hangartner Signs" it came off as "Free Agent Center Hangartner". I thought that it was very telling that they listed him as a center as opposed to just OL.

Breathe Francis, Breathe.

While having never seen him play. I only have to go on the words of a couple panther fans I know, who didnt like the idea of losing hangartner and wanted the panthers to re-sign him. Wait and see

Fair enough. I'm not big on giving the front office the benefit of the doubt, but I will for some reason. Still wouldn't mind adding guys in the draft to the OL.

Hope DJ is listening and doesn't think it's okay to grab another DB. Heaven knows we need studs on the OL and DL.

Simmons is a good player coming off a major injury. He will come pretty cheap because of that. Even if he doesn't contribute until late in the year it would be worth while for the Bills to take a shot.

If the Bills could bring him in at a bargain price, I would be all for it.

This offseason the Bills must acquire three interior linemen to replace Preston, Fowler, and Dockery. This is one, and he's an upgrade on all three of those bums. Now let's get the other two!

My sentiments exactly.

Be careful though, people don't like to hear that.

Whoa, calm down...it wasnt meant as an insult.

Just saying that instead of the text reading "OL Hangartner Signs" it came off as "Free Agent Center Hangartner". I thought that it was very telling that they listed him as a center as opposed to just OL.

Breathe Francis, Breathe.

Sorry at work, a little on edge.. My apologies. Now any word on terms of contract?

You tell me where I'm wrong. Do you think he's a great player or something?

No, I don't think he's a great player. You seem to be knocking the guy as if he's a career backup and will never be anything else. The fact is that last year, his 4th season in the league, he started half of the games for a 12-4 team. We need to at least replace Dockery and this move accomplishes that. Why do you seem to have such a problem with it?

How good is this guy? and is there anyone else saying this?

I really dont know to answer your question but our history with unknown free agent is atrocious w/ this pro personnel staff. Just think C.Nall, T. Reyes, J. Posey, Dockery and L.Tripplett, to name a few. Its like deja vu all over again, they go after 3rd & 4th tier FA's and then complain that they don't have enough playermakers ( go figure). Note to staff if you want better players you have to either develope them from within ( fat chance) or aquire playmakers, your coaching staff is inadequate or they just don't understand how to put players in the position to make plays. :doh::wallbash:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...84-25adad6aeb3b

Here's a link. A bit undersized though at 225lbs. :doh:

According to the Bills press release (now fixed) he's 6'2" 225lbs. According to nfl.com, 6'5" 301lbs. Let's go with that and give a big thumbs up to the proof readers at OBD. Here's a link to his players page.

http://www.nfl.com/players/geoffhangartner...le?id=HAN148149