Carolina OL Geoff Hangartner signs with the Bills

kdipirro

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Jim Leonard on our team this year?

But your point is Leonard was a star on a defense that was filled with 10 other stars.....good point.

Nope, my point was that one of our backups from last season did a little more than making another team's practice squad. But thanks for playing, anyway.

Guess this means we won't draft Mr. Overrated (Mack)!!!

Don't be so sure. A few years ago the Bills signed a similar FA lineman. A guy who played well and started due to injuries. Everyone expected the guy to start at tackle opposite Jennings. A month and a half later, the Bills drafted Mike Williams.

I do not think that will happen, but they could go center early and have Hangartner play guard. A versitle guy like Hangartner will give the Bills options.

Nope, my point was that one of our backups from last season did a little more than making another team's practice squad. But thanks for playing, anyway.

Name some backups on our roster THIS year, NOT 2 years ago who can start elsewhere.

I for one, Loved Jimmy Leonard, I wish we didnt let him go....

But for real, what guys on our current roster would be starters elsewhere?

we really need at least a #2 wr or pass catching TE. We can't go in there with just Fine. if he gets injured, we will be worse than last year.

And it has looked like for a long time that we are using our # pick for a DE. and that is probably how it is going to go. and our next pick will be a TE. those are two positions we need and they were both limited in FA. if we sign anyone else, it is probably going to be a LB

I think they will address it in the draft. This is a good year for TE's and for that matter center as well

Name some backups on our roster THIS year, NOT 2 years ago who can start elsewhere.

I for one, Loved Jimmy Leonard, I wish we didnt let him go....

But for real, what guys on our current roster would be starters elsewhere?

So now you're going from "make another team's practice squad" to "would be starters elsewhere."

Yeah, okay. Never mind. Nice talking to you.

yeah, he is fun to talk to.

He's the a** who posted how the Bills had signed Coles and followed with a thread about a kid getting an autograph yesterday.

Some posters clearly don't think and just blurt out their opinions or post lame threads which aren't even remotely funny. The would-be comedians who know nothing about this team abound during this time of year. And they return to the board like the swallows of Capistrano. He's one of them.

He's the a** who posted how the Bills had signed Coles and followed with a thread about a kid getting an autograph yesterday.

Some posters clearly don't think and just blurt out their opinions or post lame threads which aren't even remotely funny. The would-be comedians who know nothing about this team abound during this time of year. And they return to the board like the swallows of Capistrano. He's one of them.

Yeah, he has been annoying as soon as FA hit. I lurk here all year round. I don't post too often because most people here seem to know more than me and i like reading what people have to say. Even though sometimes you have to shift through some garbage and repetitive posts. But during FA, the draft, and game day, it seems all those idiots show up like you said. And that is the only time i post is when those idiots are talking because they junk up this site.

definitely is a risk, no doubt about it. Luckily it's from the line position, I don't believe it is as important as a position that you have to use straight line speed or lateral explosion. I might be wrong

thats what I was thinking, o-line guys don't need to use much leg speed for running like a RB or WR would, and those are usually the guys who come back and never get back to what they were before cause the injury affects their speed. Wasn't there just a linemen who came back (I think for SF) who was a comeback player of the year nominee after coming back from a torn achillies injury???

Yeah, he has been annoying as soon as FA hit. I lurk here all year round. I don't post too often because most people here seem to know more than me and i like reading what people have to say. Even though sometimes you have to shift through some garbage and repetitive posts. But during FA, the draft, and game day, it seems all those idiots show up like you said. And that is the only time i post is when those idiots are talking because they junk up this site.

Am I considered one of these participants?? :doh:

He was on the team before Khalil got there, yet he never started. He's been a career backup, a guy they like to have because if they have an injury at guard or center, he can slide in there. Yet they never felt he was starting material. Someone on here said he was our version of Kirk Chambers, which I think is pretty accurate. I'm not saying he stinks, he's certainly serviceable, I just don't like to see it when people get carried away about his abilities.

Dude, Favre started because Majikowski was injured. Many players in the NFL have had stellar careers

based on starting for an injured player.

Think maybe Khalil was the better player and Hangartner could start for many other teams?

Don't really know a thing about him, but REALLY hope he pans out.

If I am not mistaken.. Deangelo Williams did not really start going crazy and putting up monster numbers until the middle of the season, and this is when Khalil got hurt and Hangartner had to come in.

Yeah, remember that game later on in the season when Williams ran for 4 touchdowns up the middle that were all 3 yards or fewer? I was really impressed by the push that the O-line was getting, and I'd be willing to bet a pretty penny that Hangartner was involved in those plays.