Can I get a passport if I'm on Probation?

Stl Bills

Yeah I know its kind of an odd question, but I'm on 2 years probation (6 months supervised) for a DWI (believe me, I've learned my lesson). I was trying to go to Jamaica in May but I don't know if I can get a passport. Anybody know.

Yeah I know its kind of an odd question, but I'm on 2 years probation (6 months supervised) for a DWI (believe me, I've learned my lesson). I was trying to go to Jamaica in May but I don't know if I can get a passport. Anybody know.

I have a friend who works passports/visas for the US Army and he said you can get a passport, however you will need to let your po know when you will be traveling.

someone told me you can't go to canada if you have a DWI. not sure if it's true.

WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hell no. Now get back to breaking those rocks you punk.

Go back to smoking those rocks KD.... :lol:

someone told me you can't go to canada if you have a DWI. not sure if it's true.

I believe they can deny you entry, for a DWI. But, the chances are you will get in, as they don't run everyone's record, on the way in.

you should be able to get a passport with a Mistameanor, as it is not even a crime.

should you ever be charged with a MISDEMEANOR, answer may be different and can prevent you from getting a passport.

New legal code. On a more serious note,a friend of mine went into Canada in 2004 with a 1996 dwi. No problem. What is the law on this exactly?

New legal code. On a more serious note,a friend of mine went into Canada in 2004 with a 1996 dwi. No problem. What is the law on this exactly?

In Canada DUI is a indictable offence, which would be like a felony in the USA.

EDIT: In Canada we call it DUI "driving under the influence" or impaired driving.

Yes you can get a passport. I'd recommend you do it quickly if you're trying to go to Jamaica in May. But you will also need to carry a letter from your PO to give you permission to go (just in case).

Yes you can get a passport. I'd recommend you do it quickly if you're trying to go to Jamaica in May. But you will also need to carry a letter from your PO to give you permission to go (just in case).

Delivered like someone who knows. Hmmm