TimGraham

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid work, Mr. Graham.

A thought from Allen Wilson in today's News:

Center: Duke Preston and Melvin Fowler are free agents and aren’t expected to return. Baltimore’s Jason Brown would be an upgrade over both. He’ll attract a lot of attention because he’s young (25), talented, experienced (45 starts in four seasons) and just entering his prime. The ability to play guard adds to his value. To enter the bidding, the Bills could cut some salary, with left guard Derrick Dockery being a candidate.

What? You mean old like 9 years no playoffs old? Because our FO makes all the right moves and I'm just being an A-Hole?

I won't comment on the A-hole part. I don't know you. I am not saying they make the right moves but I am saying they are making an effort to improve.

You'd have to think that a release like this signals that the Bills will be major players in FA or trade. This has to be freeing up money for something. The only other thing could be that Peters finally got his new contract at the expense of the guy who came here to play next to him!

Could free up some more by unloading the salaries of Kelsay and Royal as well.

I guess I'm not surprised. In the last half of the year, the Bills running game was working well. I realize that he was overpaid, but it seems they can always find some way to f*** up what works well. And we all saw how well this OL played in the middle of the season when Butler went down; the reserve guards on the roster are just outstanding. :lol:

Now, we have two gaping holes in our OL, not just one. Joy.

Yep. While I was not a huge fan of Dockery, he played every down and was more than serviceable. He just never lived up to the big money contract. Now we have two glaring holes on the OL. I have very little confidence that our OL will be improved next year, overall.

The Bills have a plan to make Peters the highest paid member of the OL. But instead of paying him, they are going to cut everyone who makes more than him.

:lol:

Solid work, Mr. Graham.

Interesting. I'm not crazy about cutting Doc, but if they end up with a quality C, and don't have to waste a high draft pick on a prospect, then I'm all for it. I like the idea of acquiring young quality linemen in FA, or trade, as you are dealing with a known quantity, in a hard to predict (and often slow to develop) position.

The Bills have a plan to make Peters the highest paid member of the OL. But instead of paying him, they are going to cut everyone who makes more than him.

:lol: :lol:

I won't comment on the A-hole part. I don't know you. I am not saying they make the right moves but I am saying they are making an effort to improve.

Let's hope that is the case. :D

Solid work, Mr. Graham.

With the keys being, Bills will be minus Dockery, Fowler, Preston & Whittle heading into March. Agian, not losing much in terms of production, but given the history, what's the likelihood that the replacements will be better? Remember the day when Dockery was an immediate upgrade?

Nucci, you missunderstood me, sorry. I wasnt saying he doesn't care about the team. I think Dockery was a good gaurd but not great. What i was getting at was that the real money that gets paid is more important then the Cap number. Thats what a wise business man looks at. What he is spending and what he is getting in return. I know i just opened myself up for comments about Kelsay, Schobel, and the rest of the guys. But i wasn't taking a swing at Mr Wilson. I was simply saying this might allow him to have more up front money to spend on a FA. Since Dockery wont be getting his 6+ million this year. But i would like to know how this affects the Cap.

Bills free up cap space by releasing Dockery

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Derrick Dockery

Two years after Buffalo made Derrick Dockery the highest-paid guard in the game, the Bills released him Thursday.

In 2007, Buffalo awarded Dockery a seven-year, $49 million contract. Two years later, he is out of work.

The Bills will have to accelerate $5.4 million against their cap, but a big contract is off their books. And Dockery is on the market.

I THINK THIS IS A BAD MOVE AND A MOVE TO HAVE FRED TAYLOR SIGNED BY END OF THE DAY.

Now since they cut him how does this effect the cap number? I know in real dollars it helps. Which at then end of the day is all that Mr Wilson cares about. He still counts against the cap space right? But the Bills were under the cap now by some 20+ million. How does that adjust? And now the Bills dont pay him this year. So they have more money to spend on a FA. Right?

Oh and the chest pain remark was funny but so wrong.

If Ralph only cared about money why did he shell out the original contract for him? :lol:

Dockery sucked. He underperformed from day 1. This is an excellent start to free agency. You have to get rid of the dead wood before moving forward. The next few days of free agency are going to be very interesting as to how this team is going to look. Does anyone have a list of all the interior lineman who are going to be free agents come tonite? Please post it.

Also, does anyone think that cutting Dockery freeing up more money means a new extension for Jason Peters is imminent? Just a thought to throw out there.

I think that's coming but the Bills may want to see if his commitment to the team is solid this offseason before shelling out the dough.

If all Wilson cared about was money, I doubt they would have cut him. How about the fact that MAYBE he was cut because he was not that good and they are trying to improve the team?

Finally, a voice of reason. :lol:

Damn Rotoworld is on top of salary's in the NFL fast. I went there to see what his contract was for this year and they already have him listed a FA. :D

Dockery sucked. He underperformed from day 1. This is an excellent start to free agency. You have to get rid of the dead wood before moving forward. The next few days of free agency are going to be very interesting as to how this team is going to look. Does anyone have a list of all the interior lineman who are going to be free agents come tonite? Please post it.

Also, does anyone think that cutting Dockery freeing up more money means a new extension for Jason Peters is imminent? Just a thought to throw out there.

Kelsay should have been the first dead piece of wood tossed away. His contract is highway robbery. The guy's barely an NFL second stringer who pulls in a sickening 2 million per sack. If they don't cut him then this team is still a complete joke.

Dockery was paid like a superstar but was in fact a limited player. He wasn't getting better and he was not what they needed if Schonert really is set in bringing to Buffalo a WCO variant as the base offense.

BTW, just having some cap space doesn't imply that all the elite free agents are going to sign with a team mired in mediocrity.

And, yes, it is yet another hole to fill going into another off-season. Same old dog doing the same old tricks, in that regard. :lol: