Owen Daniels

The Tomcat

good post, :devil:

In response to other posts, a real red zone threat to accompany Lee Evans would help the Bills offense immensely.

What would Houston be left with if they did take this lesser offer from Buff?

Oh, they would be left with draft picks to take a flyer on a TE in the second or third round.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniels would be a great addition, at teh right price. I'm thinking 2nd and 5th at the absolute most, but I'm very wary of that 2. You don't build playoff teams by giving away picks. In 2006, we selected Brad Butler and Kyle Williams in the 5th round.

But it would nice to have a legit TE for once. They are a young QB's best friend.

If Jauron and OBD gives up draft picks and a boat load of money to acquire this guy when there are many TE's in this draft with Daniels potential then I would have to question there intellect.

Our FO is totally inept at finding talented TEs in the draft. They have spent over 10 years proving this over and over. It's best that they pick someone up that another team has drafted. I would give up a 2nd or a 3rd for this guy.

Our FO is totally inept at finding talented TEs in the draft. They have spent over 10 years proving this over and over. It's best that they pick someone up that another team has drafted. I would give up a 2nd or a 3rd for this guy.

How many really talent TEs are there in the entire NFL? I guess this kinda does prove your point in a way though.

He's in the prime of his career at 26 and has been getting better every year. He's a legitimate, proven, Pro-Bowler at the NFL level.

With Jermaine Gresham staying in and Brandon Pettigrew proving to be less than stellar at the combine (and not spectacular in any one skill), there isn't a TE available in the draft that would be an immediate upgrade over anything we have. Even if either of those guys were available or worthy of taking with the #11 pick, there's no saying that they'd be any good; let alone a Pro-Bowler.

With Bo Scaife being Franchised, there isn't another TE on the market that would be an upgrade.

We desperately need a TE and Owen Daniels is the only real option outside of drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and keeping our fingers crossed. Besides, we might be able to work a deal with Houston and give up less (ala Wes Welker).

Sorry, but Coffman or Pettigrew would definitely be an upgrade over anything we have now...You put D. Fine or Schouman back in the draft this year they would be second day picks...

Owen is a really good TE in my opinnion, but I would rather keep the picks and draft a TE then give this much up for him. That is just too much for him, even with him being young and still having upside. A first and 3rd could get us A. Boldin, I would much rather have him than Owen Daniels at that price.

Daniels would be a great addition, at teh right price. I'm thinking 2nd and 5th at the absolute most, but I'm very wary of that 2. You don't build playoff teams by giving away picks. In 2006, we selected Brad Butler and Kyle Williams in the 5th round.

But it would nice to have a legit TE for once. They are a young QB's best friend.

You should be wary of the #2---we've used it to pick such impact guys like Parrish and Hardy and Brian Pozworth.

Wouldn't you galdly part with any of those guys, plus a 5th, for Daniels.

In the caseof Ralph's daughter and Modrak and the rest of the brain trust, high draft picks should be treated as sharp objects in the hands of children.

I agree, but GL with that...the scouts are raving about him after his combine workout. He ran a 4:57 40, He will go in the top 5 IMO

Oh I have no doubt he's in the top players off the board, I'm just saying, I wouldn't hesitate at 11 to snatch him up, but I'm not trading up for him.

To the others, please realize, the Bills don't have a choice in the compensation for Daniels. The Texans will tender him an offer and based upon that offer the Bills would have to give them picks. More than likely Daniels gets the highest tender and would require a 1st and 3rd pick as compensation. Please see the link below for how RFA works

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/01/15/2...tender-amounts/

I want him but there is now way I give up our 1st rounder......we need that pick

The point is that we would be extremely happy if any TE we select turns out like Owen Daniels. I'd rather take Daniels (who is a sure thing) over a play with a 25% chance of being a bust.

I would give up my first for a top 5 TE any day.

back to my point...he's not a redzone threat...5 TD's in 2 years...

eh it's kind of hard to get touchdowns when 2 receivers account for 76% of your team's touchdowns (Walter & Andre Johnson had 8 each last year out of 21 total touchdown passes)

Ha! HA!! HAAAA!!!!!

Owen Daniels has had 1630 yards in only the past two seasons.

Robert Royal has had 1081 yards in his ENTIRE 7 year career!

HA!

....... sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at the comparison.

HA! HA!! HAAAA!!!!!

Sorry but I couldn't resist to laugh at your inability to know when someone is being sarcastic.

HA! HA!! HAAAA!!!!!

Sorry but I couldn't resist to laugh at your inability to know when someone is being sarcastic.

Yes, ha indeed.

Does anyone know if the compensation we'd have to give up for an RFA applys to this years draft or next? If we have to give up picks in next year's draft vs. this years, I think it would make a huge difference.