Losman to stay?

I do not know why anyone would ever call Losman a gunslinger. When the guy throws for under 200 yards in 26 of his career 34 starts, he clearly is not a gunslinger.

Because the Bills coaches don't understand how to utilize his talents?

He is fast and athelitic, right? How many rollouts did the Bills call?

How about the fact that on most downs, everyone knew which play was going to be run by the personnel on the field?

He is done in Buffalo, but the Bills troubles are far from behind them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right that if Losman had played for another team, and was in the same position, Buffalo would be very interested.

However, one of the things that you do with a back-up QB is try to acquire one who fits the system that you run. Losman doesn't fit this system, and has proved that. He needs to be in a system with more down-the-field throws, and a playbook that has been opened up. He needs a less conservative offense than we run. Our offense magnifies Losman's weaknesses and does not allow his strengths to be shown.

We are not a good match. There are plenty of teams in the league that run less conservative offenses and JP will end up with one of them.

Very nice post. I second everything you said.

How about the fact that on most downs, everyone knew which play was going to be run by the personnel on the field?

He is done in Buffalo, but the Bills troubles are far from behind them.

I never said the bills troubles are behind him once Losman leaves. & you ever think for a moment that in the NFL you can not base your offense around rollouts because most of the dlinemen & LBS in this league could hit like mack trucks & could run real fast & it is probably a good way to get your QB killed. & besides, the one time they did call a rollout last year Losman managed too F&ck that up too & gave the game away to the jets.

I think Losman may stay in Buffalo for 2 reasons:

1st, JP Losman isn't in demand. He did not look like a starting quarterback when he played this year, so there isn't a lot of interest (maybe none?) by teams looking for a starting quarterback. The reason he wants out of Buffalo is because he wants to be a starting quarterback. If that isn't likely, his best option to continue to play in the league, and improve, may be Buffalo. He is comfortable on the team and respected by his teammates and the community. What would he face in another city? A backup position and starting all over again? Cut in training camp?

2nd, the Bills don't seem to have many good options for the backup quarterback position. They don't want to overpay and they will merely, and almost assuredly, get a mediocre backup quality quarterback, as they pay more than they would have for Losman.

It seems best for both parties that JP Losman stays here, as it makes both the player and the team more stable .

(If Losman was with another team and in the same position, Buffalo would likely be very interested.)

Weakest arguement I've ever read. JP is totally useless but the Bills will keep him becuase they can't find a better QB among the dozens of veterans and young UDFA's out there? Puh-leeze.

PTR

^_^ You mean how Dick Jauron rolled him out in the Jet's game and he fumbled the game away. I'd say he use JP's talents perfectly...as a game-choking turnover machine!

PTR

What a riot. Some of you people only need to think you heard the name Losman and it's enough to go on a rant about what a piece of shiiiit this guy is.

It's like something out of a Mel Brook's film.

"Frau Blücher!"

"Neeeiiiggghhhh!!!!"

I didn't hear one person talk about Losman as a person. Most people (except for a few delusional souls) just think he is a terrible NFL QB.

^_^ You mean how Dick Jauron rolled him out in the Jet's game and he fumbled the game away. I'd say he use JP's talents perfectly...as a game-choking turnover machine!

PTR

I didn't say they never did it, just that they didn't do it enough or at appropriate times.

I feel bad for the fans that think all the Bills woes will vaporize when JP is gone.

I didn't hear one person talk about Losman as a person. Most people (except for a few delusional souls) just think he is a terrible NFL QB.

Type of person. Type of quarterback. Doesn't matter. Despite the fact that you can say "He sucks" only so many ways, it doesn't keep droves of people from lining up, if only to impart that incredible wisdom one more time.

It just gets very, very tiring.

Type of person. Type of quarterback. Doesn't matter. Despite the fact that you can say "He sucks" only so many ways, it doesn't keep droves of people from lining up, if only to impart that incredible wisdom one more time.

Time for a new signature if you don't mind. ^_^

This post was about Losman returning to the Bills. What else are we supposed to talk about in this post. The Chinese new year?

PTR

Come on, Promo - you know that wasn't a designed rollout. Peters whiffed on the play and got dusted by a 200-pound safety. JP wasn't 'rolling out' - he was running for his life.

I've been kind of busy lately sitting here doing nothing while waiting for my bailout money, but once it comes in, I should be able to update the link.

I keep checking my mortgage balance hoping that the gov't will pay it off. After all I did the responsible thing and did not buy twice the house that my income would allow for and finance it on an interest only adjustable rate mortgage.

But back to the point of the post JP will not remain in Buffalo. Even if the Bills wanted him their inept handling of his entire situation would cause JP to want to walk. the Bills should have done him and the organization a favor and let him walk at this point last year.

I think Losman may stay in Buffalo for 2 reasons:

1st, JP Losman isn't in demand. He did not look like a starting quarterback when he played this year, so there isn't a lot of interest (maybe none?) by teams looking for a starting quarterback. The reason he wants out of Buffalo is because he wants to be a starting quarterback. If that isn't likely, his best option to continue to play in the league, and improve, may be Buffalo. He is comfortable on the team and respected by his teammates and the community. What would he face in another city? A backup position and starting all over again? Cut in training camp?

2nd, the Bills don't seem to have many good options for the backup quarterback position. They don't want to overpay and they will merely, and almost assuredly, get a mediocre backup quality quarterback, as they pay more than they would have for Losman.

It seems best for both parties that JP Losman stays here, as it makes both the player and the team more stable .

(If Losman was with another team and in the same position, Buffalo would likely be very interested.)

i really doubt that. yesterday @ the combine talking about JP brandons exact words were "we wish him the best"!

To that end, the thread topic itself is ridiculous. It erodes the concept that Bills fans are the most knowledgeable.

:thumbsup: Good post. Just the thing this board needed ANOTHER bash JP thread. I seem to recall JP's agent saying "THAT SHIP HAS SAILED" when asked about JP returning to the Bills last off season.

If it means anything, I saw him and Melvin Fowler flying out this morning.

Was George Seifert there too?

I didn't say he was a good gunslinger. :thumbsup:

BillsNYC for the win :thumbsup:

I keep checking my mortgage balance hoping that the gov't will pay it off. After all I did the responsible thing and did not buy twice the house that my income would allow for and finance it on an interest only adjustable rate mortgage.

You should have known better than to be responsible.

Check this out:Official Buffalo Bills Store

Still think he's coming back?

Buy low sell high