Bills changing their logo??

FluffHead

The Bills need to do somethign create some hype for this coming season. New coaching staff... Nah...Bigtime Free agents...too expensive....how about new Unis... Ok Ok Ok... we will wear jerseys we already have, the throwbacks, but all season!

Brilliant!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big announcement for 50th anniversary

By Chris Brown - Posted February 21st, 2009

On Monday there’s going to be a big announcement at the stadium concerning the Bills 50th anniversary season this fall.

Keep an eye out for a new classic season logo, a Bills all-time team nominee list, a fan voting website to name the team and more.

I can see the fan debates on the message board already as to who are the best players in Bills history!

Considering that the fan-voting thing for the 50th anniversary team was supposed to go live on Feb. 9 -- the Wall of Fame committee compiled the list of nominees last month -- all I can say is, it's about friggin' time.

Fred Taylor? Uh-Oh, Lynch must be in some serious trouble with the league then, or they forgot about Jackson

What about this??

Baltimore Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome "hinted" during an interview at the Combine that the Ravens are prepared to part ways with free agent kicker Matt Stover and safety Jim Leonhard.

I thought the Bills front office made a huge mistake for letting this amazing player leave to become a star somewhere else?????

This would be cool if they went back to the 1980 unis.1980

The latest trend in advertising is to package goods in early 80's schemes. Since the most productive workers in society are in that 25-50 age group, and they've lost about 40% of their net worth over the past 2 years....companies are trying to send them back to the carefree days of their youth in order to get them to buy their crap.

I would think a few teams will go back to their early 80 looks the next few years. I hope the Patriots do. Or the Bucs.

I maintain that we have the dumbest logo in all of team sports.

Buffalo Bill (William Cody) was a Buffalo HUNTER. Our namesake (Buffalo Bill) is HUNTING our logo (the bison). Just f'in brilliant whoever came up with this logo. And people wonder why the team beats itself so often!!

Just kidding about the last remark about team beating itself, but, seriously, how stupid is it for the nickname of the team to be hunting the team's logo?

I would suggest a caricature of William Cody for the logo, but everyone is so damned attached to the stupid bison that it would never happen.

The Bills need to do somethign create some hype for this coming season. New coaching staff... Nah...Bigtime Free agents...too expensive....how about new Unis... Ok Ok Ok... we will wear jerseys we already have, the throwbacks, but all season!

Exactly! That's the first thing that came to mind. They need to minimize season ticket losses and create some stuff that interests the fans. What better than to wear the old logo or change things up a bit..fan voting, honoring the all-time greats, etc.. Anything to take people's minds off the last 10 games of 2008, Dick JAuron, Toronto, etc...

not sure how credible this source is, but...

"The Buffalo Bills will be changing their logo for the 2009 season, which is their 50th anniversary season...the Bills will unveil their new logo on Monday."

it also says the Bills are trying to get RFA TE Owen Daniels.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

Probably use the satanic goathead -

save some license fees since they can split them with the Sabres

go Russ - way to promote mindless crap

try re-doing Peters deal to improve the on-field product.

not sure how credible this source is, but...

"The Buffalo Bills will be changing their logo for the 2009 season, which is their 50th anniversary season...the Bills will unveil their new logo on Monday."

it also says the Bills are trying to get RFA TE Owen Daniels.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

Also says that us and the Patriots are the front runners to get Fred Taylor?? That would give us 3 crazy options at RB, but I mean how many are on the field at once? Unless they are planning to see Lynch suspended for 4 games at the beginning of the year...

Daniels is a freaking machine and is becoming one of the best TE's in the NFL...I am sure a lot of other teams probably want him too...Bills are gonna have to come out of pocket pretty big to get him...

I maintain that we have the dumbest logo in all of team sports.

Buffalo Bill (William Cody) was a Buffalo HUNTER. Our namesake (Buffalo Bill) is HUNTING our logo (the bison). Just f'in brilliant whoever came up with this logo. And people wonder why the team beats itself so often!!

Just kidding about the last remark about team beating itself, but, seriously, how stupid is it for the nickname of the team to be hunting the team's logo?

I would suggest a caricature of William Cody for the logo, but everyone is so damned attached to the stupid bison that it would never happen.

I'm a big fan of our current logo and I think the whole BUFFALO BILLS name is kinda dumb

It should be BUFFALO STAMPEDE

and it would all make sense