Bills changing their logo??

FluffHead

I don't like the throwbacks because of the queer blue jersey.

In training camp they had the throwback helmet with the dark blue jerseys and I thought that looked great.

Those were good times before the Kelly Era wearing those. Must be a rookie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about any uniform change (even if temporary) is if they finally put that horrible blue/blue home scheme on ice for a while. It reminds me of Donahoe, Bledsoe, Losman and just nothing but mediocrity at home. I HATE those unis. They need to wear white pants at home!

The best thing about any uniform change (even if temporary) is if they finally put that horrible blue/blue home scheme on ice for a while. It reminds me of Donahoe, Bledsoe, Losman and just nothing but mediocrity at home. I HATE those unis. They need to wear white pants at home!

man are you right about that. i hate those uniforms.

Agreed. White, helmets w/ charging Buffalo (basically the Joe Ferguson era) are sickes Bills unis ever.

"Charging Buffalo"? I say "Buffalo with a ribbon". It is the lamest attempt at a speed graphic, ever. I've seen better from 5th graders.

"Charging Buffalo"? I say "Buffalo with a ribbon". It is the lamest attempt at a speed graphic, ever. I've seen better from 5th graders.

yea seriously, i dont agree with you on politics Dean, but WTF is that red thing?? i've been wondering for my entire life as a fan...

is it supposed to be some weak attempt at showing a red eye charging forward in a motion blurr? it's horrendeous and needs to go away. ^_^

i love gin

yea seriously, i dont agree with you on politics Dean, but WTF is that red thing?? i've been wondering for my entire life as a fan...

is it supposed to be some weak attempt at showing a red eye charging forward in a motion blurr? it's horrendeous and needs to go away. ^_^

i love gin

:lol:

Gin is good food.

I agree, the two shades of blue is stupid, and they can get rid of the grey also.

I maintain that we have the dumbest logo in all of team sports.

Buffalo Bill (William Cody) was a Buffalo HUNTER. Our namesake (Buffalo Bill) is HUNTING our logo (the bison). Just f'in brilliant whoever came up with this logo. And people wonder why the team beats itself so often!!

Just kidding about the last remark about team beating itself, but, seriously, how stupid is it for the nickname of the team to be hunting the team's logo?

I would suggest a caricature of William Cody for the logo, but everyone is so damned attached to the stupid bison that it would never happen.

The current Buffalo Bills were named to honor the original Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. Their logo was Buffalo Bill Cody riding a Buffalo. Check out the bottom of this page to see it.

The name arose from a combination of the city name and from the ownership of the team. The owner (Jim Breuil) also owned Frontier Oil in Buffalo. Frontier...wild west...Buffalo Bill Cody.

Got no problem with the name. If we keep the name, then let's lose the bison logo and truly honor William Cody by including him in our logo somehow. Later in his life, he actually took on the role of PROTECTING the bison.

At least the PETA crowd would be pleased! I think this name stuff is getting way too serious. It's a pro sports team we're talking about - it's for entertainment, and the logo, mascot, etc. isn't supposed to have any profound meaning or poignant symbolism, ferchrissakes!

I love the Bills' name and theme just as they are, except the current uni's suck.

The current Buffalo Bills were named to honor the original Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. Their logo was Buffalo Bill Cody riding a Buffalo. Check out the bottom of this page to see it.

The name arose from a combination of the city name and from the ownership of the team. The owner (Jim Breuil) also owned Frontier Oil in Buffalo. Frontier...wild west...Buffalo Bill Cody.

KRC, thanks for info and the link. Is that really the original logo? Seems so cartoonish and odd for a sports team.

Think the team could have been named the Buffalos (why bother with a nick when the name is an animal already). Buffalo Bills is kinda weird.

I dislike the newer uniforms too but graphics and the Bills/never really was a strong suit. The old red Buffalo for instance.I hope someday they find a new designer and start over.

I dislike the newer uniforms too but graphics and the Bills/never really was a strong suit. The old red Buffalo for instance.I hope someday they find a new designer and start over.

I'm a little nervous that they just did.

Change doesn't necessarily mean better..

It was Joe Ferguson who got them to change the helmet to the red color.

The Bills wore the sacred white helmets with the charging buffalo (anyone dissing the ribbon is crazy) from 1974-1983. Joe Ferguson was the Bills starter from 1973-1984. #1, I was right, it was basically the Joe Ferguson era. And #2, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd never heard that before, but why would they change their uniforms for a guy who had already been around for 11 years and only had 1 more year left? I'm guessing he was color blind too?

The Bills wore the sacred white helmets with the charging buffalo (anyone dissing the ribbon is crazy) from 1974-1983. Joe Ferguson was the Bills starter from 1973-1984. #1, I was right, it was basically the Joe Ferguson era. And #2, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd never heard that before, but why would they change their uniforms for a guy who had already been around for 11 years and only had 1 more year left? I'm guessing he was color blind too?

This is all my recollection of the time. He wasn't color blind but at the time all the teams in the AFC East: New England, The Jets, The Dolphins, and yes, The Colts had white helmets. Going to the red helmets was supposed to make it easier for him to spot his receivers.

Of course it also would allow our opponents to more easily spot their receivers too.

KRC, thanks for info and the link. Is that really the original logo? Seems so cartoonish and odd for a sports team.

Yes. I have an AAFC pennant with that logo. Check other '40s-era logos at sportslogos.net, and you'll see that it's not really out of line with the rest of them. Note especially the original "Brownie" logo from the Bills' AAFC brethren in Cleveland.

This is all my recollection of the time. He wasn't color blind but at the time all the teams in the AFC East: New England, The Jets, The Dolphins, and yes, The Colts had white helmets. Going to the red helmets was supposed to make it easier for him to spot his receivers.

Of course it also would allow our opponents to more easily spot their receivers too.

As I understand it, Ferguson made the crack that because of the high crown in the middle of the Rich Stadium field, when he was near one sideline and diminutive WR Lou Piccone was running down the other one, No. 89's helmet was the only thing he could see. Piccone retorted that changing the helmet color might finally get Fergy to stop throwing the ball to the other team. I think they were kidding ...

Yes. I have an AAFC pennant with that logo. Check other '40s-era logos at sportslogos.net, and you'll see that it's not really out of line with the rest of them. Note especially the original "Brownie" logo from the Bills' AAFC brethren in Cleveland.

As I understand it, Ferguson made the crack that because of the high crown in the middle of the Rich Stadium field, when he was near one sideline and diminutive WR Lou Piccone was running down the other one, No. 89's helmet was the only thing he could see. Piccone retorted that changing the helmet color might finally get Fergy to stop throwing the ball to the other team. I think they were kidding ...

Awesome Lori! Never heard that one.

I do remember that the crown was said to be 18" high in the center (running lengthwise with the field) and I also heard it said that depending on how tall you were and where on the sidelines you were standing that you might not be able to see the feet of the people on the opposite sideline. Wow that's some serious drainage.