Bills changing their logo??

FluffHead

I'm a big fan of our current logo and I think the whole BUFFALO BILLS name is kinda dumb

It should be BUFFALO STAMPEDE

and it would all make sense

I think we should just make the team Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I maintain that we have the dumbest logo in all of team sports.

Buffalo Bill (William Cody) was a Buffalo HUNTER. Our namesake (Buffalo Bill) is HUNTING our logo (the bison). Just f'in brilliant whoever came up with this logo. And people wonder why the team beats itself so often!!

Just kidding about the last remark about team beating itself, but, seriously, how stupid is it for the nickname of the team to be hunting the team's logo?

I would suggest a caricature of William Cody for the logo, but everyone is so damned attached to the stupid bison that it would never happen.

This is one of them most brilliant posts I've read here in a long, long time. Kudos.

Our team name is hunting our logo/city!! that does explain a lot.

I can't believe I never thought of that before. Our team name hunting our team logo...excruciatingly funny.

While on the subject of Buffalo city sports teams, if they could do it again I'd guess the Sabres would rename themselves too.

I remember when my roommate who was a cook at Ambrosia, an Elmwood Avenue restaurant, brought me home a brand new Buffalo Sabres cap back from the restaurant. Apparently a customer had left it there and never came back to look for it.

Later on that night at Faherty's as I proudly modeled the fresh lid, I had a moment of drunken epiphany when I realized why it might have been abandoned.

Proudly emblazoned on the front of the cap across an image of a charging buffalo were the team's initials .... BS.

I can't believe I never thought of that before. Our team name hunting our team logo...excruciatingly funny.

While on the subject of Buffalo city sports teams, if they could do it again I'd guess the Sabres would rename themselves too.

I remember when my roommate who was a cook at Ambrosia, an Elmwood Avenue restaurant, brought me home a brand new Buffalo Sabres cap back from the restaurant. Apparently a customer had left it there and never came back to look for it.

Later on that night at Faherty's as I proudly modeled the fresh lid, I had a moment of drunken epiphany when I realized why it might have been abandoned.

Proudly emblazoned on the front of the cap across an image of a charging buffalo were the team's initials .... BS.

perfect fit for this city :beer:

You guys are kidding, right? Our team is the Buffalo Bills. It's a GREAT freaking name.

What's wrong with naming the team after a Medal-of-Honor war hero and one of the most colorful figures of the old wild West?

Anyway, my OBD inside sources assure me that we are returning to the 1965 AFC championship era uniforms, and you can take that to the bank because my car is bigger than...

SKOOBY'S

I'm a big fan of our current logo and I think the whole BUFFALO BILLS name is kinda dumb

It should be BUFFALO STAMPEDE

and it would all make sense

Hey, I could go along with that! Makes a lot more sense than the current name (assuming the bison logo stays).

Can you verify he has been tendered for the "max dollars"? I heard it was likely the Texans will, but I can't find it any where that they have yet.

Teams have until this Thursday, February 26th to tender restricted free agents. I don't know of any tenders which have been made yet. A lot of teams wait till after the combine I think.

Funny! Add the Buffalo Stampede and we'll have a couple of BS teams.

You guys are kidding, right? Our team is the Buffalo Bills. It's a GREAT freaking name.

What's wrong with naming the team after a Medal-of-Honor war hero and one of the most colorful figures of the old wild West?

Anyway, my OBD inside sources assure me that we are returning to the 1965 AFC championship era uniforms, and you can take that to the bank because my car is bigger than...

SKOOBY'S

Got no problem with the name. If we keep the name, then let's lose the bison logo and truly honor William Cody by including him in our logo somehow. Later in his life, he actually took on the role of PROTECTING the bison.

not sure how credible this source is, but...

"The Buffalo Bills will be changing their logo for the 2009 season, which is their 50th anniversary season...the Bills will unveil their new logo on Monday."

it also says the Bills are trying to get RFA TE Owen Daniels.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

I saw it already. It's a Buffalo impaled on the CN tower.

I don't like the throwbacks because of the queer blue jersey.

In training camp they had the throwback helmet with the dark blue jerseys and I thought that looked great.

Finally somebody that agrees with me! Everybody seems to love the throwbacks. The throwbacks are OK but that royal blue is the ugliest color in the world. My suggestion is navy blue jerseys,white pants w/blue stripe and the 1980 helmet. On the road go with white jerseys,navy pants. Maybe go blue on blue once in a whole at home. Just stay away from that royal blue.

Got no problem with the name. If we keep the name, then let's lose the bison logo and truly honor William Cody by including him in our logo somehow. Later in his life, he actually took on the role of PROTECTING the bison.

I can't quite articulate it but I think the concept of naming an entire team after a single person stated in the plural is a bit difficult to get around.

Hmmmm,...isn't it like calling a team the Washington Georges? Or the Lincoln Abrahams? The Ulysses Grants? Or maybe it's more like the Panama Jacks or the Cincinnati Kids. Can't quite figure it out.

Anyways, I think the concept is a bit flawed but I'll still be buried with some Bills swag in my coffin.

I can't quite articulate it but I think the concept of naming an entire team after a single person stated in the plural is a bit difficult to get around.

Hmmmm,...isn't it like calling a team the Washington Georges? Or the Lincoln Abrahams? The Ulysses Grants? Or maybe it's more like the Panama Jacks or the Cincinnati Kids. Can't quite figure it out.

Anyways, I think the concept is a bit flawed but I'll still be buried with some Bills swag in my coffin.

Yeah, that's occurred to me before, as well -- making it plural doesn't make a lot of sense. Oh well, it's neither here nor there -- neither the name nor the logo will be changing while the team is in Buffalo -- just an observation is all.

Well, I hope your swag includes some Super Bowl Champion stuff!