Kyle Williams

WordByrd

Is it just me, or is Kyle Williams a perfect example of what is wrong with our team. We have too many mediocre guys filling up the roster.

I like Kelsay's character, but he hasn't come around. It's time to move on.

Roscoe needs to go. Everyone is like "Oh well when he gets the ball you can't get him down". Well guess what, he's 5 foot nothin and he's impossible to hit. We pay him too much to just return punts. I'm sure Leodis can take over pretty well.

Ellison- undersized and always a step behind

Brad Butler- sucks

Royal- maybe the worst TE ever?

Duke Preston- sucks

Bryan Scott- bad in coverage, good tackler

There are more, but no need to go on. I just think we're still pretty far from beating the Pats or any playoff team unless we have a perfect draft and do it big in free agency. Thoughts?

Is it just me, or is Kyle Williams a perfect example of what is wrong with our team. We have too many mediocre guys filling up the roster.

Roscoe needs to go. Everyone is like "Oh well when he gets the ball you can't get him down". Well guess what, he's 5 foot nothin and he's impossible to hit. We pay him too much to just return punts. I'm sure Leodis can take over pretty well.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

There are more, but no need to go on. I just think we're still pretty far from beating the Pats or any playoff team unless we have a perfect draft and do it big in free agency. Thoughts?

I think that Butler is one of our best on the OL. Also Bryan Scott last year was in coverage against Antonio Gates the whole game when we played SD, and he shut him down. So I disagree with you on Butler and Scott. Other than that I agree with you on the rest.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Hey Poz Fan- Brad Butler sucks? Was it merely a coincidence that the very game he returned (vs. Cleveland) the running game immediately picked back up and remained good for the rest of the season? Your boy Poz is mediocre at very best. At this stage in their careers, relative to their positions, Butler is a much better OG than Posluszny is a MLB.

While I agree with most of it, I actually like WIlliams as a non-started DT. The problem is that he has been starting for 3 years. He would be great off the bench.

The real problem is a guy like Kelsay. I wouldn't even want him as a non-starter. He hasn't been good since...ever? But he has a huge mega million dollare deal that almost prevents us from signing another DE, and we cant even cut him because of the cap hit. Talk about a situation that kills the team.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Williams is a great 5th round pick and would be a productive member of almost any team as a d-line rotational guy. But he isn't a starter. But he is very good depth.

Ellison wan't picked to be a starter. He was forced to start because of injuries. He would be a decent backup and solid STer.

In regards to Butler, he is a pretty solid guard. Look at the rushing #s when he was in the lineup as opposed to when he was out.

Preston is a decent backup.

Scott is a good backup.

Basically, these are good guys to have on our roster and would be solid backups on most teams. However, they aren't starters on good teams. We need to improve our talent.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Disagree. And here's why.

Guys like you mention are not your frontline players.

I think it would be a much better argument to say the Bills lack of success is due to the fact that their frontline players (many whom I like) such as Edwards, Evans, Peters, Stroud, Whitner, etc are the reason. They're either not good enough or we don't have enough guys like them.

All the guys you mention are guys who are second line starters or part time starters. I don't believe those guys win or lose games for you. They fill out your roster.

We need to add difference makers. There is not enough of a nucleus of quality players like the Bills had in the Super Bowl years. Back then we had future Hall of Famers and Pro Bowlers on those teams.

We won because of Kelly, Thomas, Hull, Reed, Ballard, Lofton, Smith, Bennett, Talley, etc. etc. etc.

We didn't win because players like Jeff Wright, Mark Maddox, J.D. Williams, Russell Copeland and Kurt Schulz led us to victory.

Moreover, Kyle Williams is no worse than Jeff Wright. Bryan Scott is no worse than Kurt Schulz. Keith Ellison is no worse than Keith Goganius. This second tier of players are not your bell cows.

And it's this second tier of players that you are citing when you say lack of talent.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Williams-played pretty-B minusgrade-played well last year and I think is the most underrated player on the team. It seems everyone hates the guy but he has an awful lot of tackles and more sacks then many of our other D-lineman

Kelsay is grossly overpaid C grade, his comments when he was sigend showed he was even suprised with the money he was paid-should have been signed for much less and at the end of the season was outplayed by Ryan Denny

Roscoe- D grade (not utilized so difficult to gauge) could work fo a deep ball team which at this point is not Edwards strength or Bills philosophy-trade him

Butler-solid C grade Played fairly well-outperformed Dockery based on the price tag-its tough for a guard to play all that well with the centers we have.

Royal-Blocking C grade, pass catching D grade-Trade him

Duke Preston- D grade-At least showed some fire when Edwards was hit late unlike some of the other overpaid lineman-still not a good starter-backup material

With the money you spend for a few elite players you need them to standout and play well-Peters and Dockery did not play that much better than Butler-if they played as well as they were paid Butler would look alot better. Really the consistent weak link has been the center position, thats the only position I saw as an eyesore on the line-outside of a passcatching TE-Fine may come around but we need another one signed and Royal traded.

Its true to an extent. The Bills do have a bad habit of trying to get by with guys who are just 'good enough' instead of actually being 'good'. That's been something they've done all too frequently over the last decade, particularly on offense and their offensive line. I think there's certainly a place on the team for guys like Kyle Williams and Keith Ellison, but they should not be starting and are best suited to be backups. The Bills can probably get by with one or two of those types starting on one side of the ball, but not four or five as we've seen at times in the last decade. Guys like that don't really embarass themselves, but they don't make plays, either. If you have a team full of them, that team is probably going to be worse than you think it looks on paper. Of course, that describes the Bills perfectly.

And I disagree strongly on Brad Butler. I think he's a good, if not very good RG and the downturn in our running game this past season while he was injured should make his contribution clear. Nor does it bother me to hold a roster spot for arguably the best punt returner in the league. Parrish's salary is too high for what he contributes, but the Bills are well under the cap, so that's not really an issue right now and otherwise, I wouldn't mess up one of the few things this team does well.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Butler played pretty well last year and if he is a liability, then we need to turn over about 45 guys on the team. Scott played great last year, especially when considering what he had doen prior to that. He is specifically a good cover man for his size. Ellison is fine player as long as he isn't starting or playing more than 70% of the plays - he being on the team isn't the problem, it's him starting. No reason to get rid of him. As far as Parrish is concerned, he does make more money than his production merits, but when you are $35 million under the cap why get rid of a good player to save a few bucks? Especially when you are trying to keep as many vetern receivers as possible and trying to win games next year. It would make sense for the team to keep as many vets as they could, regardless of salary, going into the season so they have experienced back ups. Not saying that they will do this with all the positions, but I'll bet you see a more vetern team than in past Jauron years.

While I agree with most of it, I actually like WIlliams as a non-started DT. The problem is that he has been starting for 3 years. He would be great off the bench.

The real problem is a guy like Kelsay. I wouldn't even want him as a non-starter. He hasn't been good since...ever? But he has a huge mega million dollare deal that almost prevents us from signing another DE, and we cant even cut him because of the cap hit. Talk about a situation that kills the team.

The cap hit doesnt matter because we will be about 20 million away from the cap, so that isnt a reason for keeping Kelsay around.

Brad Butler- sucks

Duke Preston- sucks

Every team has guys like these. Justin Bannan is a guy like this, and so is Jim Leonhard...they both start on a terrific Raven's defense.

Kyle Williams, as has been noted, is a fine 2nd team DT. But, due to injuries and the regression of McCargo, he is on the field too often.

Butler is a scrappy offensive lineman, who is injured too often, but is fine, otherwise. Not the greatest, but not a bum, either.

Scott is a decent role-player SS. He isn't an every down SS, in my book, but can cover most TEs and plays well near the LOS. He shouldn't be a starting safety on this team, though. This is a spot that could be upgraded, IMO.

Preston is OK as versatile depth, but again, he sees to much playing time on this team. If he was dumped, I wouldn't be sad, at all.

Royal has proven too inconsistent to be relied on, and needs to go, IMO.

A quality pass-rushing DT, DE, an upgrade at Center and TE...and a more aggressive style on D, combined with a little smash-mouth on offense, would make a lot of these players look better, IMO.

The cap hit doesnt matter because we will be about 20 million away from the cap, so that isnt a reason for keeping Kelsay around.

Also, if he loses his starting gig to Denney or a high draft rookie, they may have to cut him loose.

I'm all for that.

Horrible signing/contract by Marv.

Hey Poz Fan- Brad Butler sucks? Was it merely a coincidence that the very game he returned (vs. Cleveland) the running game immediately picked back up and remained good for the rest of the season? Your boy Poz is mediocre at very best. At this stage in their careers, relative to their positions, Butler is a much better OG than Posluszny is a MLB.

Funny you mentioned Poz. I was going to tell Poz fan that he could add his boy to that list.

Why cant they cut him because of the cap hit? You do realize we are 29 million dollars under the cap dont you?

I dont have a problem with having Kyle Williams on our team.....

The problem I have is this shouldnt be a guy who is in the game with the season/game on the line....he should be a guy you dont hear about rotating in and out to keep the quality guy fresh and making the big plays.....

We have way to many of THOSE type of guys on our team.......and I find it hard to evaluate our DB's when we have no pass rush

Once you said Butler sucks, and that Bryan Scott can't cover anyone, your post lost all credibility. Do u not remember that Scott earned his starting spot by shutting down the likes of gates and gonzalez.

I agree with you except "shutting down gonzalez"

Where do you get that from? 10 catches, 113 yards and a TD...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?gam...&week=REG12

I agree with you except "shutting down gonzalez"

Where do you get that from? 10 catches, 113 yards and a TD...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?gam...&week=REG12

Yeah, but I think Thigpen threw at him something like 19 times. Tyler Thigpen has a one track mind at QB, and it's Tony Gonzales. Also, a lot of that was in garbage time.