Heard on ESPN radio/Van Pelt Bills interested in acquiring Cassell

Willis990

On a seperate note...directed at pats...

Am I the only one who sits in aww about how the Pats frequently seem to compile extra first round and first day draft picks, despite being a top team almost ever year? Rather they trade Cassel to us or someone else, they will once again land more additional first day picks...

Seems they alway find a way to put something like this together...no wonder they are a top team every year...

Bills gave them an extra #1 for Drew.

since that time they have continued to trade one of their extra first rounder for a higher in the next draft.

they typically don't draft 2 1st rounders in the same year. Last year they lost the extra pick due to cheating.

It would be fitting for the Bills to get them back on track with an extra 1st rounder.

-- Except it will be Brady who they trade and who will never play at a high level again for the Bills.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lose sight of how much they have to pay Cassel and Brady...they have to trade one for financial reasons. Not to mention they will be getting a lot back in value. They are not going to keep both Cassel and Brady...so they either trade Cassel, or pay him $14 million for one year and lose him for nothing next year...

So the fact they are willing to trade him is NO indication on what they think of him and a silly rationale. They have the best QB in football on their team in Brady who seems to be right on track in his recovery. They have to move one or the other...Brady is young enough that its a no brainer to keep him.

No, I'm not losing sight of how much they have to pay. It doesnt matter how much they have to pay for both of them. The point is IF they decide to trade him, AND they think he is great, they are not going to trade him to The Bills. They will trade him to someone else, even if the Bills offer slightly more. Why give a team that is a direct threat to you a player at the most important position that you KNOW is great? If they DON'T think he is great, they would love to trade him to the Bills, knowing he's not great and will likely not make the Bills a threat to them.

So the point remains, if the Patriots entertain thoughts of trading him to the Bills, we don't want him.

On a seperate note...directed at pats...

Am I the only one who sits in aww about how the Pats frequently seem to compile extra first round and first day draft picks, despite being a top team almost ever year? Rather they trade Cassel to us or someone else, they will once again land more additional first day picks...

Seems they alway find a way to put something like this together...no wonder they are a top team every year...

Truer words have never been spoken, the quicker people realize the patriots are THE model franchise in the league, the quicker teams will begin to catch up. Jealousy is never endearing.

Truer words have never been spoken, the quicker people realize the patriots are THE model franchise in the league, the quicker teams will begin to catch up. Jealousy is never endearing.

They are a good model for cheating your way to the top.

This would be a horrible thing to do. Trent Edwards has only been in the league for two seasons. Let him play more and become more comfortable as our QB.

The Bills should focus on other areas on offense and defense this offseason.

Matt Cassell is a system QB, and could very well be another Scott Mitchell, and is in no way worth a 1st round pick.

The Bills would be fools to trade a 1st & 3rd round pick to the Patriots. Why give a team in your own division more ammunition.

This is not the same as trading for Bledsoe. Bledsoe was an established QB, and at the start he looked like he would be the answer. In the long run, it did not workout. Cassell is a big question mark with only one starting season of football under his belt. IMO Cassell is worth nothing more than a 4th round pick.

Everyone on this board knows I'm not a Trent lover but I would rather have him QB the Bills for the next 3 or 4 years than make this trade.

Not that you are supposed to care, but I am just totally impressed by this post and for that matter, the one by keepthefaith. :censored::P :thumbsu

If we didn't have such a dumb history of deals such as this, I would laugh off speculation about something this stupid.

I don't. First of all we don't know how Brady will come back from his injury. Secondly, without proper coaches and scheme, Brady (even if healthy) will under-perform. Thirdly, I rather have the first three picks. Lastly, I rather we don't give NE those picks.

I second that notion

QB is not a priority issue, he just needs players around him. He's shown when he has protection and WRs open, he can make the plays. The team would be in better shape with a stronger pass rush, a complimentary WR and TE to Evans, a more consistant offensive line, and better coaching, then a change at QB.

Actually, he's showed that when he has protection and WRs open, he can INCONSISTENTLY make the plays. He's a young QB and there's a chance he'll improve. But he really hasn't showed even close to enough yet.

Uh huh...great. I don't see anyone taking away their rings though, so what does that mean? You wouldnt take it? I would and so would you if you're being honest.

No, thanks. Personally, I suspect their cheating went far beyond what they were caught doing. From the very top down, they seem to be willing to do whatever it takes (and I mean "whatever") to win, right or wrong. For ex., I'd love to see Larry Izzo asked this week in Bonds' trial whether any other Pats* were doing up 'roids with him. We all know that at least one other Pats* player was popped for this (Rodney H., only caught by being dumb enough to use his own name and address to order HGH) and isn't it a miracle that older, washed up players seem to go there and thrive? I'm still very surprised at the media's lack of coverage of this. I suspect that if he played for anyone else they'd be all over it. Since Spygate, the media seemed cowed to cover anything negative on the Pats* (like this or Kaczur's 200 Oxy's last year--enough to be doing more than using himself).

If this happens, the Pats are in line for a VERY HIGH draft pick next year. With or without Cassel, the Bills are probably looking at a Top 5 pick next year based on their schedule and lack of overall depth and talent.This would be a very bad move considering what Cassel's salary would do to the Bill's Cap space.

I don't have a problem with Cassel since he would be an upgrade at the position immensely but the Bills really have much bigger fish to fry at this point in time.

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I hear on this board. Teams change year to year, who knows what teeam are going to be good next year. Would anybody predict last year that Atlanta/Baltimore?Miami would all be in the playoffs? Their combined record the year before 10-38. I will bet you $100 the bills do not have a top 5 pick next year.

Not that you are supposed to care, but I am just totally impressed by this post and for that matter, the one by keepthefaith. :sick::) :thumbsu

If we didn't have such a dumb history of deals such as this, I would laugh off speculation about something this stupid.

Thanks & I know I'm going to shock some Trent lovers but I think he has as much potential as Cassell. Agreed about the history of STUPID Bills moves.

Some of you guys are really funny.

Maybe ALL the Pats are taking steroids and have a secret way to beat all testing.....yeah, that's it. HAS to be, since they can no longer cheat by stealing signals (specifically, with an overtly postitioned sideline video camera, as opposed to the old fashioned employee-with-video-cam-in-thestands method).

A juiced up special teamer--"Larry Izzo"---was the secret key to their SB success all along--and the press will NOT pick up this story!

No WAY we would give up precious 1st, 2nd, 3rd picks---which we treat like GOLD here in Buffalo as our draft history proves--for TOM BRADY?? He's a bust without..........Charlie Weiss! I mean Josh McDaniels. Well, you know what I mean----without a "greatest OC in the world".

This is how you know your own team is real bad. This is the stuff you are left convincing yourself to believe.

Some of you guys are really funny.

Maybe ALL the Pats are taking steroids and have a secret way to beat all testing.....yeah, that's it. HAS to be, since they can no longer cheat by stealing signals (specifically, with an overtly postitioned sideline video camera, as opposed to the old fashioned employee-with-video-cam-in-thestands method).

A juiced up special teamer--"Larry Izzo"---was the secret key to their SB success all along--and the press will NOT pick up this story!

No WAY we would give up precious 1st, 2nd, 3rd picks---which we treat like GOLD here in Buffalo as our draft history proves--for TOM BRADY?? He's a bust without..........Charlie Weiss! I mean Josh McDaniels. Well, you know what I mean----without a "greatest OC in the world".

This is how you know your own team is real bad. This is the stuff you are left convincing yourself to believe.

If you think the majority of Pats* Vets were not on the ROIDS...........................YOU MUST BE A PATS* FAN.