How many QB's in Bills history would you want...

Yoho

A serious question:

How many quarterbacks that have ever been on the Bills roster would you want ahead of Trent Edwards going into next season?

1. Jim Kelly - no doubt

2. Joe Ferguson- great career

3. Jack Kemp - far more inconsistent that his rep, but was a winner

4. Darryl Lamonica - was shaky as a Bill, but OK

5. ????? -- Flutie? Dennis Shaw?, Todd Collins"

6. Frank Reich - I am sure I will hear this name, but seriously as a starter he was highly mediocre, loved him as a backup on a great team ( he had the right tempermant), but really was just a great fill in

So, I am looking for better alternatives and dont give me the name of some future draft pick, until they prove themself in the NFL, I am going with Edwards.

A serious question:

How many quarterbacks that have ever been on the Bills roster would you want ahead of Trent Edwards going into next season?

1. Jim Kelly - no doubt

6. Frank Reich - I am sure I will hear this name, but seriously as a starter he was highly mediocre, loved him as a backup on a great team ( he had the right tempermant), but really was just a great fill in

So, I am looking for better alternatives and dont give me the name of some future draft pick, until they prove themself in the NFL, I am going with Edwards.

1. :thumbsup:

2. :wallbash:

3. In a heartbeat

4.Lamonica - did you see him play? he used to come in & win games in the 4th Quarter. I would take him.

5.Flutie-YES Shaw-yes his rookie year Collins?

6. Reich -YES

Tom Flores -a top QB when we traded for him

Gary Marangi -skills and a flare

Gale Gilbert -studious, poised and accurate

Marlin Briscoe -great ballhandling skills and a definate flare

James Harris -poise and a rocket arm

Vince Ferragamo -not solely his fault we were 2-14. He just personally led Rams to SB

Even Kay Stephenson had us on the brink of sweeping the Jets during their SB run in '68 til he was injured..

Just a few QB's who've come through Buffalo I'd rather see play than the current group.

Vince Ferragamo -not solely his fault we were 2-14. He just personally led Rams to SB

Even Kay Stephenson had us on the brink of sweeping the Jets during their SB run in '68 til he was injured..

Just a few QB's who've come through Buffalo I'd rather see play than the current group.

Let's not forget Dan Darragh and Joe Dufek while you're at it. Hell, Bruce Matheson was our starter just before Kelly. Why not put him in the mix, too?

GO BILLS!!!

Let's not forget Dan Darragh and Joe Dufek while you're at it. Hell, Bruce Matheson was our starter just before Kelly. Why not put him in the mix, too?

GO BILLS!!!

I actually liked Darragh :thumbsup: , though I wouldn't want any of the three instead of TE & JPL.

A serious question:

1. Jim Kelly - no doubt

If you take ex-Bills at TE's age - I think 4 - Kelly, Kemp, Lamonica and Flutie. I question, however, if Lamonica or Kemp would be able to play in the speed of the modern game. Ferguson couldn't win with the Juice, he definitely couldn't win now (needless to say, for the past 4 years of I was afraid if Losman became a full-time starter, he would be the 2nd coming of Joe - a .500 QB that shows glimpses of greatness and potential, but never gets you anywhere). Other than that you can throw out the whole lot of them...

Tom Flores -washed up when acquired

Gary Marangi -exposed once he actually played

Gale Gilbert -a 3rd stringer who never did anything in the NFL

Marlin Briscoe -a better WR than a QB

James Harris -drafted before his time

Vince Ferragamo -not solely his fault we were 2-14. Damn right! Cut in midseason and finished 2005 on Green Bay-not responsible for losses after we cut him.

Kay Stephenson had a better career coaching than playing QB.

Just a few QB's that I can fool the youngsters who never saw any of them play into thinking are better than the current group.

Corrected. About the only thing you got right was that Vince Ferragamo wasn't responsible for 14 losses.

Are you joking? With your user name, I would expect more from you.

Are you joking? With your user name, I would expect more from you.

QUOTE (Chandler#81 @ Feb 12 2009, 06:40 AM)

Tom Flores -washed up when acquired -Nope, very effective w/ Oakland the season before coming with Powell for the Bomber prior to '67. Injured alot, then disposed of in Rauch's housecleaning. Retired to join coaching staff-[/color]

Gary Marangi -exposed once he actually played -True, but was very effective running

Gale Gilbert -a 3rd stringer who never did anything in the NFL

Marlin Briscoe -a better WR than a QB -An excellent receiver, only allowed to show his QB skills w/Denver. Exciting playmaker, he was forced to run from Saban and racisim. I'd have loved to watch him QB

James Harris -drafted before his time -Whatever, I'd take him over Trent right now.

Vince Ferragamo -not solely his fault we were 2-14. Damn right! Cut in midseason and finished 2005 on Green Bay-not responsible for losses after we cut him.

Kay Stephenson had a better career coaching than playing QB.

Just a few QB's that I can fool the youngsters who never saw any of them play into thinking are better than the current group.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the OP. I think he's asking how many past Bills QB's would I want to see instead of current. Then he listed the obvious 6, which was mimicked by nearly all other posters. Rather than adding 'ditto's', I thought about the next 6 that at least provided hope, if not experience. Granted, Marangi is a reach, but the rest are no more or no less than what we've seen to date.. As for Edwards, I -once again- have hope. but...

Jack Kemp's AFL career bio is pretty interesting.

His lifetime completion percentage is 44.4%.

His lifetime passer rating is 57.6

He threw for 114 touchdowns to 181 interceptions.

His career won-lost record was 65-37-3 and he was 2-4 in the postseason.

On the other hand, he made All AFL 7 times and was MVP in 1965 for the champion Bills. He also threw for more yards than anyone in AFL history. He was captain of both the Bills and earlier on with the San Diego Chargers.

He was surrounded by a great cast on both offense and defense.

This is simply information. I saw him play one season when I was very young and have no recollection of him in his prime.

p.s.-He was born and raised in Los Angeles and didn't leave southern California until he was 23 years old.