Steve Johnson = Larry Fitzgerald

Am I crazy?

Last year... Steve Johnson was making some plays. He was catching diving slants from JP Losman. In college - He was jumping at the highest point for the ball.

He's got dreads. He's 6 foot 2. He's about the same speed. Same as Fitz.

He looked promising as a rookie.

I say give the dude a chance. Reed will be in the slot. Hardy and Parrish will be our 4th and 5th.

A new TE and new Center through the draft/FA.

The offense just might be looking good in 2009 :thumbsup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I crazy?

Last year... Steve Johnson was making some plays. He was catching diving slants from JP Losman. In college - He was jumping at the highest point for the ball.

I say give the dude a chance. Reed will be in the slot. Hardy and Parrish will be our 4th and 5th.

For comparing the two, yes, you are.

Look, I don't mean to say that Johnson can't eventually be good, but the dude had 11 catches in 10 games as a rookie...what did I miss that's so promising about that?

Am I crazy?

I love it.

Why not?

Maybe I'm still bitter from riding the pine during 9th grade basketball, but I always thought that there are studs on every NFL bench who are just never given the chance because coaches play the guys they perceive to be good, not the ones that actually are good. You got guys like Tom Brady, Fred Jackson, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, Kurt Warner just sitting around, twidling their thumbs. Maybe, due to dumb luck, they get a chance and become stars. Hopefully S. Johnson gets his chance to shine.

I love it.

Why not?

Maybe I'm still bitter from riding the pine during 9th grade basketball, but I always thought that there are studs on every NFL bench who are just never given the chance because coaches play the guys they perceive to be good, not the ones that actually are good. You got guys like Tom Brady, Fred Jackson, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, Kurt Warner just sitting around, twidling their thumbs. Maybe, due to dumb luck, they get a chance and become stars. Hopefully S. Johnson gets his chance to shine.

Exactly what I mean

his 10/11 catches all looked very promising

He has a nice burst to him

thebandit27

Look, I don't mean to say that Johnson can't eventually be good, but the dude had 11 catches in 10 games as a rookie...what did I miss that's so promising about that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he was used and thrown to very little. if given the chance as a true starter i also believe he can have a dynamite year.

throw him the darn ball !!!

thebandit27

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he was used and thrown to very little. if given the chance as a true starter i also believe he can have a dynamite year.

throw him the darn ball !!!

He's also pretty good in madden! :thumbsup:

Steve Johnson isn't the best WR in the NFL but he's clearly in the top 10.

This is a level, right?

I am pretty sure there is a noticeable difference in speed and maybe even strength. Which is why Johnson was a 7th round pick and not the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft.

Am I crazy?

In the few chances he got during games, he displayed two very important qualities: Getting open during routes and good hands. Maybe he'll see more time on the field next season. I think he deserves the opportunity.

Am I crazy?

Fitz is faster and about 20 pounds heavier. Not sure what dreads bring to the equation.