peters

georg793

There is no comaprison between the NFL and "regular" jobs. Most people don't risk permanent injuries at their desk job.

But to your point that you find a job that pays you what you're worth, Peters is severely underpaid based on his credentials.

People working desk jobs don't usually make enough in one year to set them up for life, even if there are people around you who make more than you. Excuse me if there are no pity tears for him not making enough money.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but that was only because without a training camp he didn't have a good beginning of the year. If you're a GM building a new team, Peters is among the top 20 or so players you pick out of anybody in the league. And it's not even a controversy or a question.

Top 20 in the league? Please pass around what you are smoking!

He was making the NFL minimum while surrounded by inferior players who were making millions. What was he supposed to do?

Remember, the Bills lucked into Peters. There are no UDFA Left Tackles in the probowl. I'm not sure if there ever were, or if there ever will be. We are talking about a team that took 16 or so years to replace Wolford. We don't draft these guys, other than a fat RT or late round picks every few years.. We draft defensive backs.

I agree with you that he needs to be renegotiated so that we can avoid yet one more disaster.

Works both ways, Bill. Peters was also lucky to be picked by the Bills and his talent at LT seen as opposed to being a TE. So I would call it quits on that aspect. I am in the camp that wants Peters to be the Bills' LT for a long long time. However, his not being able to make the ProBowl is disconcerting coming on the heels of his injury, holdout and subsequent sub-par performance last season. Perhaps there is something about his health that we don't know about ? Much as I want him to be our long term answer at LT, any serious injury that prevents him from performing at the 2007 level will be a liability for us. If his 2008 (under) performance was due to a lingering injury, I want to know the long term effects of that. I am not willing to commit to a 2008 Peters.

Your what's wrong with people today, one word ENTITLEMENT!

You go find the job that pays you what you think your worth.

You don't go back and give 50 %, do you?

To quote Homer Simpson:

"If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-a$$ed. That's the American way!"

Is it 'ethnical' for Peters to demand more money, if he's damaged goods?

Who knows what happened between Parker Peters and the Bills F.O.? Guy showed up late, lame, and pretty much sucked, so I can't blame the Bills for letting things sit. Now, Peters is lame again, or claims he is, so should we rush a Brinks truck to his door?

Dude you are Jaded and bitter!!

Peters is our best player period.

I will take Belichek and the rest of the NFL's opinion over yours and the rest of the bitter fools on this message board that feel the same way as you.

Fat and lazy, huh? I bet if he were standing in the same room as you your opinion would change slightly!

No, it wouldn't. Well, maybe it would - I'd throw in 'stupid', as well. Maybe 'ass hole' too.

I take you're implying that I'd be cowering in fear - I wouldn't. FatBoy would have to catch me first, which he'd never be able to do while stuffing his face with McDonaldsFatBurgers. Hell, we all saw FatAss get dusted by much smaller 200 lb. Abram Elam, so I'm not too scared. :worthy:

I guarantee you that your biggest interest is in your pocketbook as well. No, you say? Ok, then instead of working to earn money, go tell your boss/clients/whoever pays you that from now on you'll work for free. That way there's no possible way that people can say your biggest interest is your pocketbook, and you'll be free to say that about anyone you like. Until then, you should engage your brain before opening your mouth.

You should practice what you preach, and engage that infinitesimally tiny piece of gray matter between your ears before shooting off your own mouth. You guarantee that my biggest interest is my pocketbook? Really? If your intent is to lecture me, or 'set me straight', go have yourself a big tall glass of STFU.

I have walked away from far more lucrative opportunities to pursue a career in a field I enjoy, to do something I feel is more worthwhile than pursuing the almighty dollar. I've made enough money. Sure, like everyone else, I love to spend, and could always use more, and never have a problem finding ways to spend it - I could have continued to go after it in lieu of something more worthwhile that enriches me more spiritually than financially, but I choose not to.

And, BTW, I frequently do give away my services - sacrificing time and the money I could earn from paying clients - to places like Buffalo Women's & Children's Hospital, the VA Hospital, and Roswell Park Cancer Institute, where I have the opportunity to see firsthand how gratifying it can be to provide some joy and comfort to folks who really need some help and some hope. (BTW - of all the Bills, Bisons, and Sabres players I've met at those places and other worthwhile charitable organizations, FatBoy is not one of 'em - reinforcing my opinion that he's one of the most selfish pro athletes I can think of.)

Look, you can criticize his play all you like, but he lines up across from elite athletes every Sunday, something that I am quite certain you (or I) could never do. It is one of the most difficult and physically challenging jobs in the world. I mean, the guy makes 10 mistakes in a season where he plays upwards of 800 plays and everyone talks about how fat, lazy, and selfish he is. Meanwhile, his peers vote him among the best in the league at his position. But that doesn't seem matter to you, because you see him as some fat lazy guy that doesn't deserve to get paid. Forget about the fact that the guy has to watch people that have less success under their belt over a shorter period of time get paid (literally) 3-1/2 times more than him, that shouldn't matter at all. I'm sure you would be fine with that situation in your line of work, right?

Thanks for your permission to criticize the fat, lazy, greedy phuck.

Comparing the paltry sum I earn, or much larger sum I would still be earning had I not walked away from a more lucrative industry, to the small fortune, celebrity, and endless perks FatBoy gets to play a freaking game - a game he's loved to play since he was a little kid - is pretty freaking stupid. Guy signed a contract, and was very happy with it. Guy makes a ton of money He can feel he deserves more, and he can ask for more, but there are ways to go about that without being an ass hole. Abandoning your teammates, not showing up for work, dishonoring a generous contract, and generally behaving like a petulant child would not be the best way to go about it, IMHO.

No, it wouldn't. Well, maybe it would - I'd throw in 'stupid', as well. Maybe 'ass hole' too.

I take you're implying that I'd be cowering in fear - I wouldn't. FatBoy would have to catch me first, which he'd never be able to do while stuffing his face with McDonaldsFatBurgers. Hell, we all saw FatAss get dusted by much smaller 200 lb. Abram Elam, so I'm not too scared. :worthy:

You should practice what you preach, and engage that infinitesimally tiny piece of gray matter between your ears before shooting off your own mouth. You guarantee that my biggest interest is my pocketbook? Really? If your intent is to lecture me, or 'set me straight', go have yourself a big tall glass of STFU.

I have walked away from far more lucrative opportunities to pursue a career in a field I enjoy, to do something I feel is more worthwhile than pursuing the almighty dollar. I've made enough money. Sure, like everyone else, I love to spend, and could always use more, and never have a problem finding ways to spend it - I could have continued to go after it in lieu of something more worthwhile that enriches me more spiritually than financially, but I choose not to.

And, BTW, I frequently do give away my services - sacrificing time and the money I could earn from paying clients - to places like Buffalo Women's & Children's Hospital, the VA Hospital, and Roswell Park Cancer Institute, where I have the opportunity to see firsthand how gratifying it can be to provide some joy and comfort to folks who really need some help and some hope. (BTW - of all the Bills, Bisons, and Sabres players I've met at those places and other worthwhile charitable organizations, FatBoy is not one of 'em - reinforcing my opinion that he's one of the most selfish pro athletes I can think of.)

Thanks for your permission to criticize the fat, lazy, greedy phuck.

Comparing the paltry sum I earn, or much larger sum I would still be earning had I not walked away from a more lucrative industry, to the small fortune, celebrity, and endless perks FatBoy gets to play a freaking game - a game he's loved to play since he was a little kid - is pretty freaking stupid. Guy signed a contract, and was very happy with it. Guy makes a ton of money He can feel he deserves more, and he can ask for more, but there are ways to go about that without being an ass hole. Abandoning your teammates, not showing up for work, dishonoring a generous contract, and generally behaving like a petulant child would not be the best way to go about it, IMHO.

So, your responses to me come down to this:

"I'm not scared of Peters because I know I'll never have to actually account for the statements I make."

"That guy that gets paid to take on world class athletes is lazy and fat."

"I volunteer, so it gives me the right to question the character of a man that I've never met, know next-to-nothing about, and am generally just mad at because he gets paid to play a game."

"I've given up the chance to make more money, so other people should do it too, or else they're greedy."

"I've never seen Peters at a charity event that I've worked--and believe me I've worked every single charity event from Buffalo to his home town in Arkansas, so if he contributed to charity I would know about it--so he is selfish."

and, last but not least, "You asked me to think before speaking, so you have a small brain."

And through it all, not one reasonable justification for calling the man fat and lazy, which is what you were called out for in my post. You also did not respond to my question, which inquired as to how you'd feel if someone with less (or zero) experience and productivity got paid 3-1/2 times more than you for doing the same job? I didn't ask you if you've left money on the table in your line of work, that's your business. My point is that the guy may have only a handful of years in a very lucrative career, and he is trying to maximize his earning potential in that field. To do anything else is to sell yourself short.

Yes, money is not everything, but it's a close second to oxygen in terms of how much it's needed to live. You may not like it, but the amount of money a person has controls their choices. More money = more choices, and getting to make their own choices is a huge part in what makes people happy.

As for dishonoring a contract, if the Bills cut him tomorrow, would you be so vigilant about their lack of honor? I highly doubt it.

No, what this comes down to is that you have a problem that a guy that makes more than you to play a sport that you like to watch wants a raise, and that he is using a commonly accepted industry practice to get one. There's nothing more to it than that; call it plain old-fashioned jealousy.

By the way, you would make a more intelligent and convincing argument if you didn't resort to profanity, it reinforces the reader's belief that you need vulgarity to make a point because the supporting argument is deficient.

Also, I'm pretty sure that someone trying to justify their opinions with references to all of their charity work and endless income options shouldn't be calling their own opinion humble.

People working desk jobs don't usually make enough in one year to set them up for life, even if there are people around you who make more than you. Excuse me if there are no pity tears for him not making enough money.

Again, you can't compare careers. You went on one career path that pays a certain amount of money, Peters went on another. Put it this was: if you were considered one of the best at your field would you wanna some slob with coffee stains all over his shirt making the double the money you do? I'm guessing that would be no.

So, your responses to me come down to this:

"I'm not scared of Peters because I know I'll never have to actually account for the statements I make."

"That guy that gets paid to take on world class athletes is lazy and fat."

"I volunteer, so it gives me the right to question the character of a man that I've never met, know next-to-nothing about, and am generally just mad at because he gets paid to play a game."

"I've given up the chance to make more money, so other people should do it too, or else they're greedy."

"I've never seen Peters at a charity event that I've worked--and believe me I've worked every single charity event from Buffalo to his home town in Arkansas, so if he contributed to charity I would know about it--so he is selfish."

and, last but not least, "You asked me to think before speaking, so you have a small brain."

And through it all, not one reasonable justification for calling the man fat and lazy, which is what you were called out for in my post. You also did not respond to my question, which inquired as to how you'd feel if someone with less (or zero) experience and productivity got paid 3-1/2 times more than you for doing the same job? I didn't ask you if you've left money on the table in your line of work, that's your business. My point is that the guy may have only a handful of years in a very lucrative career, and he is trying to maximize his earning potential in that field. To do anything else is to sell yourself short.

Yes, money is not everything, but it's a close second to oxygen in terms of how much it's needed to live. You may not like it, but the amount of money a person has controls their choices. More money = more choices, and getting to make their own choices is a huge part in what makes people happy.

As for dishonoring a contract, if the Bills cut him tomorrow, would you be so vigilant about their lack of honor? I highly doubt it.

No, what this comes down to is that you have a problem that a guy that makes more than you to play a sport that you like to watch wants a raise, and that he is using a commonly accepted industry practice to get one. There's nothing more to it than that; call it plain old-fashioned jealousy.

By the way, you would make a more intelligent and convincing argument if you didn't resort to profanity, it reinforces the reader's belief that you need vulgarity to make a point because the supporting argument is deficient.

Also, I'm pretty sure that someone trying to justify their opinions with references to all of their charity work and endless income options shouldn't be calling their own opinion humble.

No, my response comes down to my being offended at some jerk who's never met me presuming to tell me and everyone on this board how I would behave and what my motivations are. Thank you for that instantaneous psychoanalysis, Frazier Crane. Now please move on to your next caller.

My comments, and my vitriol, were directed toward Peters - not toward any fellow TSW poster; keep your arrogant assumptions about my character and behavior to yourself, don't presume to lecture me, and we won't be having this argument.

"Money is close to oxygen in terms of how much it's needed to live?" Really??? At the poverty level, to be sure - but at the level of a pro athlete's salary, that seems a fairly ridiculous statement. With $4-5M/year, I'm sure Jason will find a way to pay the mortgage, feed his family, and have a little left over for an occasional movie.

Your continued insistence that I'm jealous of how much money these guys earn is just plain dumb, particularly in light of the fact that you know nothing about me. I've always maintained that you're worth whatever someone's willing to pay you. Regarding your question about how I'd feel if someone next to me was paid vastly more for the same work, I guess I'd fell like I did a bad job negotiating, or accept the reality that the market and/or circumstances have changed since I last negotiated. I'd do my job , and perform as best I possibly could - then negotiate a more equitable arrangement when the appropriate time came. I also realize that, in the world of pro-athletes, careers are time-limited. That's life. As an example, I often cite Larry Bird who - at the top of this game - was watching new guys come out of college and, having never even touched a ball in the NBA, sign much more lucrative contracts than his. When asked how he felt about that, he reply, "Hey, that's life. It's a contract, I signed it, and I'll honor it. It was a good deal when I signed it. It's just bad timing."

Does that give you a little better insight into my psyche, Dr. Crane?

Also, as a general rule of thumb, it's pretty ignorant to tell someone you've never met to 'engage their brain before opening their mouth' - it reflects a tone of arrogance and intellectual superiority that, particularly in your case, is totally unjustified.

Sorry about the vulgarity. I'll try to refrain from that in the future.

No, my response comes down to my being offended at some jerk who's never met me presuming to tell me and everyone on this board how I would behave and what my motivations are. Thank you for that instantaneous psychoanalysis, Frazier Crane. Now please move on to your next caller.

My comments, and my vitriol, were directed toward Peters - not toward any fellow TSW poster; keep your arrogant assumptions about my character and behavior to yourself, don't presume to lecture me, and we won't be having this argument.

Money is close to oxygen in terms of how much it's needed to live? Really? At the poverty level, to be sure, but at the level of a pro athlete's salary that seems a fairly ridiculous statement. With $4-5M/year, I'm sure Jason will find a way to pay the mortgage, feed his family, and have a little left over for an occasional movie.

Your continued insistence that I'm jealous of how much money these guys earn is just plain dumb, particularly in light of the fact that you know nothing about me. I've always maintained that you're worth whatever someone's willing to pay you. Regarding your question about how I'd fell if someone next to me was paid vastly more for the same work, I guess I'd fell like I did a bad job negotiating, or accept the reality that the market and/or circumstances have changed since I last negotiated. I'd do my job , and perform as best I possibly could - then negotiate a more equitable arrangement when the appropriate time came. I also realize that, in the world of pro-athletes, careers are time-limited. That's life. As an example, I often cite Larry Bird who - at the top of this game - was watching new guys come out of college and, having never even touched a ball in the NBA, sign much more lucrative contracts than his. When asked how he felt about that, he reply, "Hey, that's life. It's a contract, I signed it, and I'll honor it. It was a good deal when I signed it. It's just bad timing."

Also, as a general rule of thumb, it's pretty ignorant to tell someone you've never met to 'engage their brain before opening their mouth' - it reflects a tone of arrogance and intellectual superiority that, particularly in your case, is totally unjustified.

I see. So, if I have this right, it's not okay for me to make assumptions--based on comments you contributed voluntarily--about your character and motivations, but you can do so for Peters? Well, Roz (I think that was her name on the show, right? I know the British girl was Daphne...), I guess that sure straightens me out. I find it funny that I should keep my arrogant assumptions about your character to myself, when it is your arrogant assumption about the character of a man you've never met that sparked my retort in the first place.

I find it hard to believe that you'd take a comment regarding the importance of money as "psychoanalysis". People have jobs or operate businesses to make money. Period. If money weren't required to get what they want, people wouldn't do those things. They'd go out and do what they want all the time. Granted, many of those endeavors could be benevolent in nature. I maintain that--unless you work for free all the time--if you have a job, you are working for the purpose of obtaining money. You may like what you do and find it in all ways fulfilling, but fulfillment doesn't pay the bills. Even those that are independently wealthy worked at some point to build that wealth, and the work involved surely wasn't all fun and games. This was and is my point, hopefully you can now grasp this incredibly novel concept through all of my jerkish ignorance.

As for my "ignorance", re-read your post to which I replied, you should now understand why someone that read your comment would assume it was shot from the hip and contained zero rational thought, hence my comment about engaging your brain. If you read it and felt offended, perhaps there was more truth to it than you'd care to acknowledge. I never said you weren't smart, what I said was that you didn't think before making that comment, which--after re-reading it again--is an opinion I'm inclined to stick with.

At no point did I lecture you, just simply presented the other side of the coin with a bravado on par with yours. If that one statement constitutes "continued insistance", then yes, I suppose I continually insist that you are jealous of the money the guy makes. Why? Because repeatedly calling him fat, lazy, uncharitable, and generally questioning the guy's character as a person makes you appear petty and jealous.

Finally, to compare the situation of an NFL tackle this decade to a 1980's basketball player is kind of ridiculous. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL, and it is a much more violent, long-term health threatening game. In your own words, you are worth what someone is willing to pay you. In the NFL, just like any other venture, you have the right to seek out that amount. It does not make you a bad person, it does not make you wrong, and to insinuate so--as you've done so many times on this board--is, dare I say, "petulantly childish".

I see. So, if I have this right, it's not okay for me to make assu...BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ...ildish".

Um...OK...yeah, sure. Whatever you say.

I see. So, if I have this right, it's not okay for me to make assumptions--based on comments you contributed voluntarily--about your character and motivations, but you can do so for Peters? Well, Roz, I guess that sure straightens me out. I find it funny that I should keep my arrogant assumptions about your character to myself, when it is your arrogant assumption about the character of a man you've never met that sparked my retort in the first place.

I find it hard to believe that you'd take a comment regarding the importance of money as "psychoanalysis". People have jobs or operate businesses to make money. Period. If money weren't required to get what they want, people wouldn't do those things. They'd go out and do what they want all the time. Granted, many of those endeavors could be benevolent in nature. I maintain that, unless you work for free all the time, you are working for the purpose of obtaining money. You may like what you do and find it in all ways fulfilling, but fulfillment doesn't pay the bills. This was and is my point, hopefully you can now grasp this incredibly novel concept through all of my jerkish ignorance.

As for my "ignorance", re-read your post to which I replied, you should now understand why someone that read your comment would assume it was shot from the hip and contained zero rational thought, hence my comment about engaging your brain. If you read it and felt offended, perhaps there was more truth to it than you'd care to acknowledge. I never said you weren't smart, what I said was that you didn't think before making that comment, which--after re-reading it again--is an opinion I'm inclined to stick with.

At no point did I lecture you, just simply presented the other side of the coin with a bravado on par with yours. If that one statement constitutes "continued insistance", then yes, I suppose I continually insist that you are jealous of the money the guy makes. Why? Because repeatedly calling him fat, lazy, uncharitable, and generally questioning the guy's character as a person makes you appear petty and jealous.

Finally, to compare the situation of an NFL tackle this decade to a 1980's basketball player is kind of ridiculous. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL, and it is a much more violent, long-term health threatening game. In your own words, you are worth what someone is willing to pay you. In the NFL, just like any other venture, you have the right to seek out that amount. It does not make you a bad person, it does not make you wrong, and to insinuate so--as you've done so many times on this board--is, dare I say, "petulantly childish".

No, that doesn't make him wrong, or a bad person, what makes him wrong, is when he decides that he is bigger than the

rest of the team, and I belive he did just that. As far as violent long-term health threatening injuries, Paaaaalease, again,

I have never seen a fatality, we all run the risk of long term injuries as soon as we get out of bed every morning, that assumes, that all of us do get out of bed every morning. About the most that could happen to him, would be maybe a carrer thretening injury, but an overall health threatening injury, let me say it again, Paaaaaalease.

His head is too big and fat to suffer a concussion. BTW there certainly are guaranteed contracts, as well as signing bonuses

in the NFL.

"Money is close to oxygen in terms of how much it's needed to live?" Really??? At the poverty level, to be sure - but at the level of a pro athlete's salary, that seems a fairly ridiculous statement. With $4-5M/year, I'm sure Jason will find a way to pay the mortgage, feed his family, and have a little left over for an occasional movie.

Your continued insistence that I'm jealous of how much money these guys earn is just plain dumb, particularly in light of the fact that you know nothing about me. I've always maintained that you're worth whatever someone's willing to pay you. Regarding your question about how I'd feel if someone next to me was paid vastly more for the same work, I guess I'd fell like I did a bad job negotiating, or accept the reality that the market and/or circumstances have changed since I last negotiated. I'd do my job , and perform as best I possibly could - then negotiate a more equitable arrangement when the appropriate time came. I also realize that, in the world of pro-athletes, careers are time-limited. That's life. As an example, I often cite Larry Bird who - at the top of this game - was watching new guys come out of college and, having never even touched a ball in the NBA, sign much more lucrative contracts than his. When asked how he felt about that, he reply, "Hey, that's life. It's a contract, I signed it, and I'll honor it. It was a good deal when I signed it. It's just bad timing."

This guy gets it! :worthy: