peters

georg793

What post were you reading? I didn't say that Peters was not at risk for an injury that could effect him long term,

I simply said that we are all subject to long term injuries, granted football players more, but the point that you made

was that it could be long term health effecting, I just don't see that, and I belive that his current compensation level is ample to deal with any long term injuries that he may suffer as a result of football. Another words dealing with a bum knee

or back, that resulted from an old football injury, or what ever is not the same as dealing with Cancer or some other life threatening illness. The point about being able to afford health insurance is not misplaced, as your are arguing that Peters has to look out for number one, and that he could experience a health changing injury, and then you go on to cite the problems with the older generation of football players, being taken care of for old past chronic injuries, I doubt many of them have adequate health insurance, or it wouldn't be a problem, would it?

So, if the older players had health insurance they wouldn't have long-term affects from playing football? That just doesn't sound right. And the post I was reading went as follows:

"As far as violent long-term health threatening injuries, Paaaaalease, again, I have never seen a fatality, we all run the risk of long term injuries as soon as we get out of bed every morning, that assumes, that all of us do get out of bed every morning. About the most that could happen to him, would be maybe a carrer thretening injury, but an overall health threatening injury, let me say it again, Paaaaaalease."

Sure reads as though you don't think Peters is a risk for an injury that could affect him long term, doesn't it?

Last house-cleaning item: the link I posted was an example of the kind of long-term affects that a career playing football can have, and it was posted in response to an item in which you compared the contractual intracacies of the game to those of basketball. The intention was to say that football players are at a greater health risk than basketball players, which is a component of my argument that the situations are not the same. My aim was not to say that Peters doesn't have health insurance. I actually have no idea if he has health insurance. Next time I see him, I'll ask.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic