peters

georg793

Sorry man, gotta disagree, not to bring up the character issue again, we know where that has gotten us, and I can

understand being pissed about the contract situation and all, but you do have 21 other guys that depend on you.

You are supposed to be a professional, and you have a responsibility to your teammates regardless of your

contract situation, and in MHO, he did not honor that, and effected every other man on that line, he had a ton of

un-timely penalties as well, and was probably the main reason for the line's slow start this past season.

Trade Him!

So when you find out your job is paying 80% of the people more than you are, even though you're the best one there, you'll go back to work because all your friends there will be sad without you?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So when you find out your job is paying 80% of the people more than you are, even though you're the best one there, you'll go back to work because all your friends there will be sad without you?

Your what's wrong with people today, one word ENTITLEMENT!

You go find the job that pays you what you think your worth.

You don't go back and give 50 %, do you?

Sorry man, gotta disagree, not to bring up the character issue again, we know where that has gotten us, and I can

understand being pissed about the contract situation and all, but you do have 21 other guys that depend on you.

You are supposed to be a professional, and you have a responsibility to your teammates regardless of your

contract situation, and in MHO, he did not honor that, and effected every other man on that line, he had a ton of

un-timely penalties as well, and was probably the main reason for the line's slow start this past season.

Trade Him!

Fair points, but Peters (as every player in the NFL does) has to look out for #1. If he blew out his knee earning less money than Dockery and Kelsey think his family would care that he a lot of so-called "character"?

I will never fault a player playing in one of the most brutal sports for trying to get as much money they possibly can. NFl careers could be gone in an instant and not one person on this board who care about Peters as soon as he isn't a Bill.

There is no comaprison between the NFL and "regular" jobs. Most people don't risk permanent injuries at their desk job.

But to your point that you find a job that pays you what you're worth, Peters is severely underpaid based on his credentials.

Dude you need to wake up and get out of fantasy land!! This is the NFL and you pay your players what their worth or Else!!!!

To say Peters purposely sabotoged his team and himself is about as idiotic as wanting to trade him. The bottom line is he held out (per advice of his agent) didnt get into shape until much later in the season and had a tough time as a result of it. I don't blame Peters, All along I thought that we needed to pay him what he is worth and get him into camp. But we didn't and as a result we had Peters play very mediocre football this year.

Your right, It's not close

If you were to ask pro football players and coaches who is our best player on our team, I guess you would have to look at the pro bowl selection to get that answer.

Another Moron

wanting to trade away our best talent :pirate:

Holy crap, that is you! How's it goin', Euguene? :pirate:

Please point out where in this very short, soon to be long, thread that I suggested trading Peters, moron.

Know who shouldn't play in the pro bowl? Jake Long. Guy's got a huge contract and a huge career ahead of him, so why risk the injury? Bet he shows up anyway.

Fair points, but Peters (as every player in the NFL does) has to look out for #1. If he blew out his knee earning less money than Dockery and Kelsey think his family would care that he a lot of so-called "character"?

I will never fault a player playing in one of the most brutal sports for trying to get as much money they possibly can. NFl careers could be gone in an instant and not one person on this board who care about Peters as soon as he isn't a Bill.

Touche!

All good points as well, but, and you knew that there would be one, I still say, without trying to sound

too apple pieish, that in my opinion, he laid down some this year, and the contract situation was probably the reason, as I really doubt that he has lost it. If he would have sucked it up, and went out and led, nobody would have a gripe with him.

We would all be singing his praises, and me the loudest, as I do realize that he is a tremendous talent. Like I said, in another post regarding this thread, i do not like the message that it sends to teammates either, it creates cancer.

After the holdout, he should have came in with fire in his eyes, he would then be rewarded. Like other people have stated,

he was a converted tight end that the Bills had the vision to see his talents at tackle and take a chance, how much is he really owed? He performed at a high level at tackle for what one year? If not for that he might be out of the NFL.

Just old fashioned, I guess.

Dude you need to wake up and get out of fantasy land!! This is the NFL and you pay your players what their worth or Else!!!!

To say Peters purposely sabotoged his team and himself is about as idiotic as wanting to trade him. The bottom line is he held out (per advice of his agent) didnt get into shape until much later in the season and had a tough time as a result of it. I don't blame Peters, All along I thought that we needed to pay him what he is worth and get him into camp. But we didn't and as a result we had Peters play very mediocre football this year.

I never said that he purposley sabotaged the team, I said that he laid down some this year, whether the reason

was the hold out, or anger, only Peters know this, but he did not have a very good year, and it might be unfortunate

that the timing of his poor play was immediatley preceeded by a length holdout, but perception is everything.

That was good, seriously though, I think that Peters is a cancer on the team.

He showed up far less in games this year, I think he was laying down some,

maybe not totally, but he will turn it on again when his contract year arives.

They should part companywith him soon somehow.

AMAZING...R U SERIOUS???

Its a reason why fan is short for fanatic.....u could be put on a postage stamp!

Don't see you risking your knee tendons avoiding that sick day at your job.

WTF

Translate please.

He was paid handsomley for the year that he performed. Still a lot more than what we see.

I know that it is a brutal sport and all, but come on, the last time I checked, I didn't see

any fatalities.