Free agents & draft will let us know how serious RW is about winni

Chuckknox

Maybe a good trade as well. This has to be a good year or they will start over again. No more 7-9's.

Does any one dare to guess on the first "big name" or major trade we do? It has to be something that has some "marketing clout" behind it, as well as good for the team.

Maybe a good trade as well. This has to be a good year or they will start over again. No more 7-9's.

Does any one dare to guess on the first "big name" or major trade we do? It has to be something that has some "marketing clout" behind it, as well as good for the team.

After upsetting the ticket buyers with the coaching situation some moves need to be made to bring excitement to this team.

Maybe a trade for Winslw? I don't know if like it but I can see it happening

Wilson is 90+ years old...he is probably more concerned with not soiling his Depends for at least an hour than in winning football games...

After upsetting the ticket buyers with the coaching situation some moves need to be made to bring excitement to this team.

Maybe a trade for Winslw? I don't know if like it but I can see it happening

It takes longer, but the draft is the way to go since it will be very hard finding good players who care about winning to come here. I know it opens another hole, but I could see Detroit having high interest in Peters to protect their huge investment in Stafford or Sanchez. They also have multiple picks in the 1st and 3rd round. Peters to Detroit for picks #20 and #33. Bills then get a starting caliber DE, DT, TE, C, and OT with their first 5 picks.

Wilson is 90+ years old...he is probably more concerned with not soiling his Depends for at least an hour than in winning football games...
At 90, The only time Wilson doesn't have to pee is when he is already peeing... :blush:

Seriously, I see a major drop off in season ticket sales for 09,that might be enough to wake Wilson up long enough to make some smart decisions about the coaching staff.

Ralph is just hanging in there. He had his time in the sun. No improvements thru free agency. He'll continue his building through the draft.

Ralph is just hanging in there. He had his time in the sun. No improvements thru free agency. He'll continue his building through the draft.

Threads like this one confuse me. Nobody questioned if Ralph was serious about winning when he threw $125 million at Aaron Schobel, Derrick Dockery, and Langston Walker in one offseason. Nobody questioned his seriousness (is that a real word?) when he paid $3.5 million per season to Kawika Mitchell and Spencer Johnson, and gave up third and fifth round draft picks to pay $6.5 million per year to Marcus Stroud. He shelled out $40 million to Lee Evans and will likely pay a huge ransom to Jason Peters this offseason.

To say he isn't serious about winning because he won't hire a personnel guy as GM is fine, you can even talk about his inability to select a head coach, and you'd have an argument. To say he won't spend money in free agency or make trades is simply not true.

Threads like this one confuse me. Nobody questioned if Ralph was serious about winning when he threw $125 million at Aaron Schobel, Derrick Dockery, and Langston Walker in one offseason. Nobody questioned his seriousness (is that a real word?) when he paid $3.5 million per season to Kawika Mitchell and Spencer Johnson, and gave up third and fifth round draft picks to pay $6.5 million per year to Marcus Stroud. He shelled out $40 million to Lee Evans and will likely pay a huge ransom to Jason Peters this offseason.

To say he isn't serious about winning because he won't hire a personnel guy as GM is fine, you can even talk about his inability to select a head coach, and you'd have an argument. To say he won't spend money in free agency or make trades is simply not true.

The Bills suck at scouting

You make some good points Bandit but one way we can look at this is where a team stands in relation to the salary cap. From the research I've done the Bills are about $22-24 million under the cap right now. Only Kansas City (37), Green Bay (32), Tampa Bay (28), and New Orleans (25) are farther under the cap than the Bills. In other words, the Bills have spent less money on players than 27 of the 32 teams in the league.

Of course they are a lower revenue team so it begs the questions(s):

How much should they be spending?

How much do they make?

Finally one thing people are not mentioning is that the Bills will be "celebrating" their 50th anniversary in 2009. With that in mind and the knowledge that there are a lot of disillusioned fans, what if anything, will the Bills do to create a buzz for the upcoming season?

Seems to me that this off-season the Bills might have to go a bit farther (spend more money) so that the yearlong celebration is not played out in front of fans dressed as empty seats.

None of it matters...

The Bills HC is a loser and He will figure out a way to finish 7-9 or worse despite the Talent level of the Team overall...

The minute Ralph retained Dead Dick He proved beyond a shadow of a doubt winning is not the 1st priority in Buffalo...Period...End of story... :blush:

Ralph spends money on players because he has to. Teams needs to hit the salary cap floor, which is something like 86% of the cap. He doesn't seem to be in too big of a hurry to spend over that, nor does he seem to be in too big of a hury to spend $ where it really counts, in coaches.

I would say that the possibility of signing a 'top tier' FA is slim, very slim. Chris Brown appears to be trying to get fans to lower their expectations "the Bills don't typically go after top free agents" "Bo Scaife is the type of FA the Bills will go after." etc. (BTW, Scaife would be a good upgrade)

A trade would be more likely. We'll have to see how this plays out.

I wouldnt mind Bo Scaife, I thought he had an excellent year this past year. I'm hoping that ol ralphy does make a splash this offseason with all the pessimism following the Bills this year and it's implications on ticket sales.

Does it have to be a player?

Or could it be...

A Coach Who Looks Like Vince Gill?

It takes longer, but the draft is the way to go since it will be very hard finding good players who care about winning to come here. I know it opens another hole, but I could see Detroit having high interest in Peters to protect their huge investment in Stafford or Sanchez. They also have multiple picks in the 1st and 3rd round. Peters to Detroit for picks #20 and #33. Bills then get a starting caliber DE, DT, TE, C, and OT with their first 5 picks.

and then they have to pay all of them.

I do not think that Detroit is going to trade picks 20 and 33 for Peters. They need a lot of talent and Peters is not going to improve them enough to justify 2 high picks. I think they will use them to start building a team from the ground up. If we do not want peters why should they? Remember Matt Millen is gone as GM.

Detroit signed jeff backus to a $40M+ deal a few years back. I doubt they'll eat the cash and give up picks just so that they can dole out another $50M in cash to Peters.

That said, I still am baffled by the fascination people on this board have with trading good players. there is not one team in the NFL that would even consider trading a top-tier offensive lineman. It hasn't happened since the beginning of the decade when the Saints traded Willie Roaf to the Chiefs for a 4th round pick. Roaf went on to make 3 more pro bowls and the Chiefs had the best o-line in the NFL for about 5 years, while New Orleans' offense had pass protection problems until they selected Jammal Brown in the first round of the 2005 draft.

But hey, since trade speculation is so much fun, perhaps the Bills can also trade Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Stroud, Schobel, and McKelvin and get 10 first round picks. that way we'll have no talent but a whole lot to talk about on draft day.