As Bills fans, I feel it is our duty to root for 'one of us'

Cornerville

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers play 3 hours from Buffalo. Have similar weather, have a city in decline, and have drunk tailgating fans. Wouldn't they be more like us than Philly?

Drunk tailgating PASSIONATE fans & they are GOOD people unlike the A holes in Philly. Pitt. is MUCH MORE like Buffalo than Philly. GO STEELERS :beer:

Reason to root against the Eagles: The Phillies just won.

Can you imagine if Philadelphia becomes the new Boston?

At least there's no mornic accent . . .

As for someone to root for, my rule is always to root for an original AFC Team (except last year). But that's out the window this year. Pittsburgh is an NFC convert from the merger as are the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens . . .

Soooo, I guess I'll root for Arizona cuz I like their receivers and Warner . . . I could be talked into rooting for Baltimore . . . . I guess the good news is that I can drink heavily on SB Sunday cuz I have no vested interest in the outcome.

The Steelers play 3 hours from Buffalo. Have similar weather, have a city in decline, and have drunk tailgating fans. Wouldn't they be more like us than Philly?

I say we are more like Cleveland then anybody. Both cities are the mistake by the lake, both climates suck, both economies suck & both of the franchises probably will not sniff the lombardi trophy in any of our lifetimes. With that being said, I kinda like to see Arizona win it.

i work in Philly and they really arent good fans. The majority I talk to really have little knowledge of football. they dont pay attention to much other than the Eagles, and only if they are winning. They start to lose and the bandwagon drains off quickly (if you think 2bd is bad. Its the same way with the Flyers. People here just dont stick with their teams when it is going bad with the exception of the Phillies.

I think a lot of good fans were priced out when the moved to the linc.

I dont think they have anything in common with Buffalo fans. Trust me, they dont deserve a super bowl.

Honestly, I look at the 4 teams that are left, and I could root for any of them on any given day (except if they're playing the Bills). They are 4 teams that have worked hard all season and haven't been in the ESPN limelight like the Giants, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, or Cowboys.

It makes me smile that ESPN is probably hating the fact that markets like Baltimore, Philly (big, but still blue collar), Pittsburgh, and AZ are in it and the above (whom have eaten up most of the time on Sportcenter this year) aren't. Not sure how I feel about the Phoenix market or fanbase yet, but at least it isn't New York, Boston, Miami, or Dallas.

i work in Philly and they really arent good fans. The majority I talk to really have little knowledge of football. they dont pay attention to much other than the Eagles, and only if they are winning. They start to lose and the bandwagon drains off quickly (if you think 2bd is bad. Its the same way with the Flyers. People here just dont stick with their teams when it is going bad with the exception of the Phillies.

I dont think they have anything in common with Buffalo fans. Trust me, they dont deserve a super bowl.

Philly fans might be nuts, but not good fans? They are as loyal as they come, and I went to 20+ games at the Vet and spent many of times in the Philly area for years, before you get on me that I am not from there.

I do agree with you about the Linc however, it did price out the animal fans a bit.

Perhaps Bills fans should not root for teams that once played elsewhere (Ravens, Cardinals). They also should not root for a team that occupies the field of "best fans" and "blue collar" (Steelers). Further, Bills fans should not root for a city with A-holes (Eagles) and fans who think that somehow getting to a bunch of NFC championships and losing =s what the Bills accomplished (Eagles).

Sorry, there's no team to root for.

But I will root for the Ravens. All my relatives are from Maryland (my father actually moved to upstate NY and since I was just 2 when the Colts moved, I picked the Bills as my team).

Shouldn't we be rooting for the Cardinals because ummm.....well......they kinda suck too, just like us? Well, except not quite as bad as us anymore? Or, something like that?

Go Cards, they are fun to watch.

When watching playoff football and if the Bills aren't in it, I root for two things:

1. For the teams I hate (Fins, Jets, Pats, Browns, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Bucs, Cards, and Niners) to all lose.

2. And for good, competitive, quality football.

I enjoy the playoffs because I always find the games fun to watch. To be honest, I usually root for the Colts in the playoffs because I really enjoy watching them play.

+1. Eff the Iggles and their fans.

I'm part of Crabcake Nation now.