Bills Jockeying to Get.......................Tebow?

H2o

I do not follow NCAA football as much as some other people, so I am asking a legitimate question.

How is Tebow any better than Rex Grossman?

well, in college, tebow is damn near unstoppable. urban meyer has the all the perfect pieces for his shotgun spread. playmakers with game-changing speed are all over the offense, so you can't key on one guy. every player can get the ball, no matter what their position (i.e. end-arounds, option play, etc). tebow has a passable arm, and is a threat to run because he's bigger than most of the defense and deceptively fast. even when tebow throws a bad pass (not an uncommon thing), his receivers are such good athletes they can adjust and get to the passes.

Maybe because he um...wins football games, something Ramius's college team has lost the ability to do at a high level?

So did Ken Dorsey, Danny Wuerfield, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf, and tons of other QB's in the college ranks the last 20 years...well, all except Trent Edwards who couldnt even win a game his senior year at Stanford...geezus

He hasn't shown the skills to be a pro QB. Good arm but low release and limited accuracy. There are lot's guys like that. Someone will draft him in a late round just based on athletic ability, but he would be a project player at another position like TE and the Bills need immediate help there.

The Bills need linemen not a QB. I know that's been the case for like 10 years, but they've got to keep trying. Let's use half our picks on linemen. We've got to get a couple of them right.

So did Ken Dorsey, Danny Wuerfield, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf, and tons of other QB's in the college ranks the last 20 years...well, all except Trent Edwards who couldnt even win a game his senior year at Stanford...geezus

So what's your point? You compare him to two of the all time biggest top ten busts at QB ( both top 10 picks) , a 7th round pick, a Heisman trophy winner who was so horrible he had to play 10 years in the NBA just to make a living and our last two QB's who were losers in college.

Tebow in the 3rd? Short yardage- check. Wildcat-check. Are we weak at TE/HB/FB? Check. #3 QB-check. After starting at LB as a freshman in HS, Tebow could probably play backup SAM as well.

Just maybe the 2 time Mr. FL football, Heisman trophy winner could be an asset. DAWG.

I love Larry Felser. Great old guy who has forgotten more about football than Sullivan will ever know. Used to be my next door neighbor for a short time.

But, Larry has even less on the ball than Ralph, these days, I fear.

consider drafting him as a combination quarterback and tight end

There's an idea whose time has come.

He's got a skill set that, given the proper coaching staff (read: NOT buffalo), could make him a valuable weapon in an offense. He'd be a very effective H-back who could run, catch, and always be a threat to throw on a gadget play. But as a straight up QB? Hell no.

Did you read the article? Felser's pimping him as a TE...

Well, if Jauron and Schonert want to continue pirating the "Wildcat" scheme, instead of oh, I don't know, innovating their own unique strategy, then Tebow might be a good guy to have to put in motion off the slot.

I think that if Tebow had a choice, the best team he could go to would be to stay in Florida and play for the Dolphins. He might be a perfect fit at QB for the "Wildcat" offence. face it, he's not known because he is a great pocket passer, his skills would fit in perfectly running the "Wildcat" offence. Vince Young could be another choice for Miami if the want someone to backup/replace Pennington for the Wildcat