Bills Jockeying to Get.......................Tebow?

H2o

Mediocrity is a tough sell at ticket-renewal time

by Larry Felser "The Buffalo News"

Woe to the person in Buffalo Bills’ management who is assigned to write the annual letter to season-ticket buyers about renewing for the 2009 season.

How would you start? “We have re-established our commitment to mediocrity?”

Or, “We promise we won’t mangle game management in ’09?”

Or, “Our players will no longer get into a fracas 20 seconds before halftime while the clock runs out on a probable tying field goal?”

How about, “Our coach is already practicing how to throw the challenge flag without worrying that he might disturb the concentration of the zebras?”

Three weeks ago owner Ralph Wilson stood outside the Bills’ dressing room in the New Jersey Meadowlands after the team ceded what appeared to be a slam-dunk victory to the Jets and proclaimed that “we just don’t have the talent.” Now he’s saying that there is enough talent on his team for it to emerge from this dark decade, that it just needs another draft similar to those of the last few years.

Ironically, the franchise’s Wall of Fame committee will meet this week to begin sorting out who will be honored as members of the Bills’ 50- year team. The fans will have their say later. I don’t know how the fans feel, but from this vantage point the only players who were in the Buffalo lineup in the last four seasons who will even get a mention are punter Brian Moorman, middle linebacker London Fletcher and wide receiver Eric Moulds. Fletcher and Moulds have been gone for two years.

How does this team get better when the entire football organization is loaded with the usual suspects?

Tebow? God knows, I hope not.

Edited by Lori
copyrighted material

Should the Bills be aggressive about getting in position to draft Florida QB Tim Tebow?

Josh Alper, PFT One Liners for Monday Jan. 5, 2009

This is how I originally found the article.

I haven't heard anything 'bout Tebow leaving the Gators for the pros.

Maybe they mean the Bills plan to tank enough games to get Tebow in 2010.

Read on Comcast.net sports headlines that he's already filed his papers with the NFL and will be having a press conference a few days after the BCS Title game.

kick ass. we can have an ass pirate QB that can't throw and who is going to get destroyed when he tries to run the ball. Keeping dick jauron pushed me close enough to the edge. Drafting tebag would be the straw that makes me burn all my bills stuff and throw my allegiances to another team completely.

Sorry :ph34r:

No prob, and I probably should've tossed in a :sick: after the first part, because I was just busting on you about that. We do take copyright laws seriously here, though -- Warren Buffett, the owner of The News, has a lot more money to hire lawyers than we do. Couple paragraphs are fine under "fair use" rules; we just ask that you don't copy/paste the entire piece, and that you include a link to the originating site. Again, thanks for understanding.

Ramius, be honest: You just hate blue and orange.

classic...this guy wont be much in the NFL...dont get the love affair with him.

He's got a skill set that, given the proper coaching staff (read: NOT buffalo), could make him a valuable weapon in an offense. He'd be a very effective H-back who could run, catch, and always be a threat to throw on a gadget play. But as a straight up QB? Hell no.

kick ass. we can have an ass pirate QB that can't throw and who is going to get destroyed when he tries to run the ball. Keeping dick jauron pushed me close enough to the edge. Drafting tebag would be the straw that makes me burn all my bills stuff and throw my allegiances to another team completely.

Gator hater. :lol:

Maybe because he um...wins football games, something Ramius's college team has lost the ability to do at a high level?

I do not follow NCAA football as much as some other people, so I am asking a legitimate question.

How is Tebow any better than Rex Grossman?