Could Center be our Biggest problem??

Poeticlaw

I have been saying for years now we need a TRUE center not some Converted G/T.

Could be coincedence and I am not stating either one is better than the other the eqully sucked in their own right but we were 5-1 with Melvin Fowler at center and 2-8 with Duke Preston :ph34r:

Personally I think they both sucked and its time to pony up for a veteran Center(real center no converted one) or Draft C Alex Mack.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be coincedence and I am not stating either one is better than the other the eqully sucked in their own right but we were 5-1 with Melvin Fowler at center and 2-8 with Duke Preston :ph34r:

Personally I think they both sucked and its time to pony up for a veteran Center(real center no converted one) or Draft C Alex Mack.

2 of our best centers of all time , Kent Hull and Jim Richer were converted.. It means nothing on the OL

2 of our best centers of all time , Kent Hull and Jim Richer were converted.. It means nothing on the OL

Lets just say we could use a better Center- I like Jason Brown C in FA and I know other people like Birk or Saturday- I wouldn't mind trading down and taking Alex Mack either.

No. The lack of a pass rush killed us more than anything.

No, the lack of a rush game killed us just as much, and our inability to do anything in the middle of the line destroyed us particularly against the Jets and Pats, but to a degree against everybody this year.

Our defense, though not great was better than average. Our offense was much worse, and an awful lot of that was because of our lack at center. A lot.

"James Kent Hull (born January 13, 1960 in Pontotoc, Mississippi) is a former American football offensive lineman in the National Football League and United States Football League. He played center for the New Jersey Generals of the USFL and Buffalo Bills of the NFL. A native of Greenwood, Mississippi and a graduate of Mississippi State University, Hull retired from football in January 1997 to settle down in the Mississippi Delta with his wife and two children."

Where does it state he was converted?????? :ph34r:

"Richer was moved to guard from center by the Buffalo "

Where does it say he was converted TO Center he wasnt he was converted TO Guard???? :sick:

Despite the records, Preston was better than Fowler. And they both sucked.

I definitely feel that a center is a MAJOR priority, look at all the dominant 3-4 nose tackles that man handled our interior line. All the 3-4 teams had their way with us and I have to believe that having a top notch center would help us in that area. I'm not sure if it is our MOST glaring need but it ranks right up there with a super edge pass rushing DE

The center position is the Bill's biggest need. Most teams can get away with not having a good center, in the AFC East however, C is extremely important. Miami, NE, and the Jets all play 3-4 defenses with stud nose tackles. Wilfolk, Jenkins, and Furgenson not only stuffed the run against us, but the collapsed the pocket when the Bills attempted to pass. To counter these players we need a strong talented center. This player could very well be a converted tackle or guard. Most college teams do not put their most talented lineman at center, because often, there is no one lined up across from them. Due to this fact, they value intelligence and quickness over strength and toughness. Fowler and Preston could be fine players in most other divisions. The bills were 7-3 outside of the division with 2-3 losses coming to 3-4 defenses. That means they went 0-8 against the 3-4. Bring in a better center, and they will start competing with those teams.