All-Pro Jason Peters is a joke

zonabb

From Rotoworld:

Buffalo's Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting left tackle in the league in 2008.

His 11.5 sacks allowed came in only 13 games because he missed three with various injuries after a training camp holdout. He was even worse than fellow turnstile LTs Jeff Backus, Khalif Barnes, Kwame Harris, Max Starks, and Levi Jones. Peters has very little leverage if he still wants that raise.

There were radio and media honks last week saying he's played well this year. When? Guy was a joke and if this doesn't solidfy the argument that he can go pound salt, nothing does. These numbers are not Pro Bowl numbers. Don't think for one minute the NFLPA wouldn't collude in a vote to get this guy a Pro Bowl to increase his salary, thereby increasing the salaries of all LTs. Follow the money....

And the QB matters little. A true manh-handling LT gives up few sacks no matter who the QB is. I'd like to see the penalty numbers too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From Rotoworld:

Buffalo's Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting left tackle in the league in 2008.

His 11.5 sacks allowed came in only 13 games because he missed three with various injuries after a training camp holdout. He was even worse than fellow turnstile LTs Jeff Backus, Khalif Barnes, Kwame Harris, Max Starks, and Levi Jones. Peters has very little leverage if he still wants that raise.

There were radio and media honks last week saying he's played well this year. When? Guy was a joke and if this doesn't solidfy the argument that he can go pound salt, nothing does. These numbers are not Pro Bowl numbers. Don't think for one minute the NFLPA wouldn't collude in a vote to get this guy a Pro Bowl to increase his salary, thereby increasing the salaries of all LTs. Follow the money....

And the QB matters little. A true manh-handling LT gives up few sacks no matter who the QB is. I'd like to see the penalty numbers too.

If I'm Brandon, this info. gets "leaked" to the local press a bunch of times, particularly right when the sides sit down to talk extension.

Of course, how much do you want to bet no one in the Bills organization will either know this stat or bring it up during contract negotiations?

If I'm Brandon, this info. gets "leaked" to the local press a bunch of times, particularly right when the sides sit down to talk extension.

Of course, how much do you want to bet no one in the Bills organization will either know this stat or bring it up during contract negotiations?

Trade him!! This doesn't even include his penalties. Which were just as awful.

How I feel about the Peters situation is pretty obvious by my signature, but if they plan on keeping him, the extension needs to get done before the offseason conditioning programs. Should he be here the entire offseason, I guarentee there won't be a peep about trading the guy. In person, the dude's probably an a**hole, but has the talent to be better than Will Wolford. Should he be here in top condition, overrated will be a word that isn't used anymore either.

How I feel about the Peters situation is pretty obvious by my signature, but if they plan on keeping him, the extension needs to get done before the offseason conditioning programs. Should he be here the entire offseason, I guarentee there won't be a peep about trading the guy. In person, the dude's probably an a**hole, but has the talent to be better than Will Wolford. Should he be here in top condition, overrated will be a word that isn't used anymore either.

If Peters was here for the whole offseason, as there was a new system being installed, he wouldn't have looked as miserable on the field. The offseason programs are needed for everyone, especially if you have new coaches coming in. Peters screwed himself and us this year by his antics. He came in late, out of shape, and out of touch with the offense. It played out through the whole season and turned into the end result we all saw. Another prime example of some one who should've shut his mouth, honored his contract, and continued to play his tail off. Good things come to those who wait and he would've been the next guy that we would've "shown the money" after Evans. That's all out the window now. He'll have to play out his current deal here and probably be allowed walk in FA.

Don't think for one minute the NFLPA wouldn't collude in a vote to get this guy a Pro Bowl to increase his salary, thereby increasing the salaries of all LTs. Follow the money....

I'm not saying they wouldn't do it - but why would making him a Pro Bowler inflate salaries more than any other guy they make a Pro Bowler?

Trade him!! This doesn't even include his penalties. Which were just as awful.

I agree. The line played well with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT. If we Could get a late 1st early second, or a pass rusher DE. I would trade his butt in a heart beat. Seems like he could be a cancer, not a team player. Missed camp, blocks, penalties, weight/conditioning could lead to an injury. Could be hall of famer with his talent, but needs to get his head out of his ass.

Peters really pissed me off this year. Trade him. Get something for him and let the other team deal with his contract.

Dude you and your friends that suggest trading our best o-lineman makes sense are plain stupid. Pay the guy fair wages for his position. Let him play. If he was a domonating DE there would be none of this trade him BS. Yes the guy was falt for afew games but he also dominated from mid season on. There is a reaspn why coaches and players recognize him as a probowler. He is a huge talent . admit it and move on to another topic that merits discussion.

From Rotoworld:

And I got bashed when I said he didnt deserve to go........LOL. The one answer I loved about Peters was that hes going cause noone else deserves to go......

I'm not saying they wouldn't do it - but why would making him a Pro Bowler inflate salaries more than any other guy they make a Pro Bowler?

Because he's going to be one of the highest paid lineman in the NFL when he gets a new contract. If it happens this year or next, with the Bills or not, he'll be making at least $10M/yr. If a player of his caliber is paid that amount, imagine when the next stud who is a real LT comes along. Making him a starting pro bowl LT increases his chances of a new contract this year.

Because he's going to be one of the highest paid lineman in the NFL when he gets a new contract. If it happens this year or next, with the Bills or not, he'll be making at least $10M/yr. If a player of his caliber is paid that amount, imagine when the next stud who is a real LT comes along. Making him a starting pro bowl LT increases his chances of a new contract this year.

Yep. The old "a rising tide lifts all boats" theory.

BING-!@#$ing-GO

Love the paranoia but....

Why couldn't that be accomplished far more effectively by voting for some other LT, such as one who is actually a free agent this year as opposed to a guy who can only hold out?