Question For NFL Ticket Subscribers.....

Bill from NYC

It would cost me big time.

We are all upset. I think that most of you who say that you are going to cancel the ticket really believe yourselves. You might even do so, but I betcha you will be out the door to the nearest sports bar come September.

Sports Bars cost big bucks. Throw in some food (and a couple of rounds after scores, or even a win) and you are out an easy 50 bucks per week. Even if 3 or 4 games are on national tv, do the math. You just won't save.

Another factor is wives. My wife bought me the ticket many years ago as a birthday gift. She hates when I go to bars, and slipped that in even as I was opening the envelope. She doesn't care how many people I have over for the game either, and never makes plans for us when a Bills game is on. The bar scene irks her for whatever reason, and in a way she is right. I am not going to argue with her about this. And yes, I am a wimp wrt Millie.

And, to those who plan to drop the Ticket, please take taxis. It just isn't worth it to get drunk and drive. Aside from hurting others and yourself, the lawyers fees, fines and possible jail terms should make DWI done deal for all. It is taken far more seriously these days.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out lod. Sorry to ramble.

Happy New Year to all of you and your loved ones!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all upset. I think that most of you who say that you are going to cancel the ticket really believe yourselves. You might even do so, but I betcha you will be out the door to the nearest sports bar come September.

Sports Bars cost big bucks. Throw in some food (and a couple of rounds after scores, or even a win) and you are out an easy 50 bucks per week. Even if 3 or 4 games are on national tv, do the math. You just won't save.

Another factor is wives. My wife bought me the ticket many years ago as a birthday gift. She hates when I go to bars, and slipped that in even as I was opening the envelope. She doesn't care how many people I have over for the game either, and never makes plans for us when a Bills game is on. The bar scene irks her for whatever reason, and in a way she is right. I am not going to argue with her about this. And yes, I am a wimp wrt Millie.

And, to those who plan to drop the Ticket, please take taxis. It just isn't worth it to get drunk and drive. Aside from hurting others and yourself, the lawyers fees, fines and possible jail terms should make DWI done deal for all. It is taken far more seriously these days.

I'll keep the ticket, so I can watch another team. I can't root for the Eagles.

It was so cute to hear you on the phone w/ her when she called the tailgate spot a couple years back.

Awwwwwww!

I have no intent on giving up Sunday Ticket. I like being able to watch all the NFL games (how else could I keep tabs on so many players w/out shelling out the bucks @ a sports bar?) and not having to smell like smoke or listen to idiots rant (other than myself) to do so.

One other note: $50 @ a sports bar????? We used to go to Damon's back before we bought a house and had the Ticket, and we spent 'bout $70 @ least each time. We bought the Ticket in August of 2001.

One other note: $50 @ a sports bar????? We used to go to Damon's back before we bought a house and had the Ticket, and we spent 'bout $70 @ least each time. We bought the Ticket in August of 2001.

Oh yeah....I was going light. It would cost me hundreds of dollars (and a ton of grief) to cancel the ticket.

I canceled prior to the start of the '08 season. I didn't really miss it at all, except that local cable around here carries only the Titans and Cowboys games every single week. If I wanted to watch an '08 Bills game, all I need to do is watch one of the tapes from the previous few years. Besides the changes in players' names, its basically the same old sh** every season.

Good post Bill. Glad you brought this up. I have the ticket and every Sunday my father and brother in laws all get together and watch the games. I always cook and we just kick back and have a good time. The price of say $30 in groceries or pizzas compared to 4 guys drinking and eating for 3 1/2 hours at a sports bar would come to 200-300 a week (3 Irishmen and 1 Italian, do the booze math). Having the ticket and doing the home thing is the way too go.

Put it this way My father in law is a Miami season ticket holder (more for business reasons) and he is always at my place by 1200 to set up for the games. He just gives the tix away. Going to the games and buying drinks and food inside would cost and easy $200 not including tailgating.

If you can afford the ticket, get it. Who ever invented it should get the Nobel Prize in my opinion.

Buy a slingbox and a friend in WNY. You can watch all the Bills games for free and not give the NFL a dime.

I cancelled mine 2 years ago. If I attend 3-4 games in person, then add 1-2 games on regular TV - that left me watching about 10-11 games on the ticket. it was actually cheaper for me to go down to the Bills bar - have a beer and some wings and watch the game with other fans - much more fun if you're just one person.

I cancelled mine 2 years ago. If I attend 3-4 games in person, then add 1-2 games on regular TV - that left me watching about 10-11 games on the ticket. it was actually cheaper for me to go down to the Bills bar - have a beer and some wings and watch the game with other fans - much more fun if you're just one person.

I can't recall what was more fun: smelling like Tobacco Road or listening to all of the inebriated football scholars on a weekly basis.

I wont go to a sports bar thats why I got the ticket many years ago. getting stuck in a smoke filled bar with a bunch of obnoxious fans from other teams is not my idea of a fun afternoon.

Plus I have Sirius and a portable sirius radio. So I will still listen to the games however wont find myself watching this disgrace of an offense and mediocre defense I will just listen in and work in the yard or around the house.

The cost of ST isn't the issue, its a bargain, its the paying to see a team that right now has the heart and soul of its whimp ass coach. Listening to the fact he fails to control game clock, calls crappy timeouts and challenges, calls lousy plays when he steps into it etc and than to see his lifeless figure on the sideline. Sure I will now have to watch what the networks give me for the 4PM or other time games. I really wish my cancel ST could send a message to ralph but the bigger message will be the fact I will not spend a penny on Bills Gear until he shows us he is committed to winning and not going the cheap route. We are 20M under the cap, he signed this deal with Toronto that still has me irked that the Miami game was played there and he wont eat a DUMB contract to make his team better.

Now there are many months before I have to make final decision and will see if any intelligent moves are made that would make me sign up for another year. I have had ST since 1994 may be hard to give up that freedom of choice I get at 4PM along with gurantee of seeing the Bills.

You will only be able to have 1 wing at the bar now .

The big question is how you watch. Right now, the cost is $270/yr, plus $100 for the extras. If you watch with a group of friends and it's a central point of Sunday, then I see the reason for not canceling. But if it's primarily for Bills' games and especially, if you can't be glued to the tube on gameday, then all you're paying is for the replay service (which can be had online on nfl.com for about $5/week). Never mind the two automatic Jets freebies, along with at least one free game on regular TV. So, it works out to about $20-$30/game and the cost goes up as more Bills games are on regular TV.