'Jello Crowell open to returning!

Potential LB corps next year include Poz, K Mitchell, A Crowell, J Digorgio, K Ellison, and A. Bowen (and that's only with the re-signing of Crow. If we add one more in the draft we would have a nice group to choose from. I still believe that better play from the front 4 is going to help the rest of the defense. So I'm hoping for more picks on the D line.

Potential LB corps next year include Poz, K Mitchell, A Crowell, J Digorgio, K Ellison, and A. Bowen (and that's only with the re-signing of Crow. If we add one more in the draft we would have a nice group to choose from. I still believe that better play from the front 4 is going to help the rest of the defense. So I'm hoping for more picks on the D line.

Crowell is a playmaker--something this team needs. He can a do a little of everything--play the run, pass coverage, blitz and make a play here and there. We are a better defense with him. I would sign him.

Something is a little fishy.

I don't think it's fishy at all. Definitely a 180 from August, but not fishy.

My guess is that Crow's agent got zero interest in him this season, either due to the injury or perception as a quitter (why would Crow volunteer that term in the interview) So the best thing for Crow to do is sign a deal similar to what Kawika did with the Giants, and the best place for him to show his stuff is with the defense that he knows best.

I am not against re-signing Crowell as I think Ellison needs to be a back-up at best, and Crowell probably won't get a huge contract offer because of his injury. But this story surely doesn't jive with a lot of what was printed earlier. Something is a little fishy.

maybe the fact that it is not an independent source? Chris Brown is a good guy, but he works for Ralph Wilson. Just another hired gun in the Brandon spin machine.

Chris Brown's reporting is the football version of Iranian state run television.

When he was here, he a was good but not great. Didn't he always take poor angels when trying to get to the RB?

I would sign him to a short term deal (if possible) so we can focus on DE/C in the first two rounds. Than draft his replacement next year. But other than that, I'm not to sure about it.

No Crow took good angles, was quick, better in coverage though. His biggest issue was for a big guy he was terrible at avoiding or getting off blocks. Seemed to let every blocker get to his body. In space though Crow was good. Much better nickle defense and special teams player. not really a good 3 down player though.

I remember Jaws or one of the other analysts pointing out(with film to back it up) last season how Crowell takes himself out of the play a lot. That being said, he'd be a big improvement over Ellison.

Crowell is a gambler--he does take himself out of plays, no doubt. But with his high risk/reward type play, he makes some big plays too. That is something this team is lacking. No linebacker this year had as good a year as Angelo did last year. The fact is he would be a welcome addition. The problem I have is that Poz needs to move to the outside and we need to bring in a beastly MLB who can take on blockers...then what do you do with Crowell?

I'd be all for bringing the guy back, assuming there are no bad feelings as the article suggests, but if he's the only change from last year's linebackers, I don't think that's enough. One of the Bills' biggest problems is that they carry LBs for Special Teams primarily and not necessarily to start at LB. I don't know that it hurts as much with the WLB and MLB as it does with the SLB though. Most of those special teamers are smaller guys who can tackle, which translate more into a WLB or maybe a MLB than a SLB. I think they should bring back Crowell and draft somebody in the first four rounds to compete with Crowell for the starter's job and the back ups - Bowen, Ellison, DeGeorgio, and Lehman. A big guy - over 6'2", 255 lbs.

Crowell is a quality starter. The one issue I have is his inability to stay healthy. He's basically been hurt just about every year since he's been starting for the Bills. When healthy he's a decent lb, although he has some coverage issues. However he's a better lb then poz or mitchell. I'd take him back, and concentrate on adding starters/depth all across the dline.

But this story surely doesn't jive with a lot of what was printed earlier. Something is a little fishy.

The relationship between the team and player sure wasn't all that good at the beginning of September. It's possible he's received little interest on the UFA market, but it's early, and I don't think teams have zeroed in on free agents.

It also may be a way of the player making nice and wanting to look more attractive to other teams. I'm sure a rebuilding team like KC, STL, DET, et al would prefer an experienced player in their LB corps. And I think they'd be willing to pay.

Buffalo won't out-bid anyone for his services.

He would be a relatively cheap vetern player. He should also be more encouraged to stay once this DICK of a coach and some of his regime is gone. I have no problem retaining the good players on our team, although it would be something new.

I don't think it's fishy at all. Definitely a 180 from August, but not fishy.

My guess is that Crow's agent got zero interest in him this season, either due to the injury or perception as a quitter (why would Crow volunteer that term in the interview) So the best thing for Crow to do is sign a deal similar to what Kawika did with the Giants, and the best place for him to show his stuff is with the defense that he knows best.

The reporting I remember, and today I think Allen Wilson backed it up, was that the team brass as well as other players were furious at Crowell, and thought he totally screwed them over being selfish. It may or may not be true, but those were the stories, and I don't remember them to be the nameless, sourceless link-lacking rumor variety.

The reporting I remember, and today I think Allen Wilson backed it up, was that the team brass as well as other players were furious at Crowell, and thought he totally screwed them over being selfish. It may or may not be true, but those were the stories, and I don't remember them to be the nameless, sourceless link-lacking rumor variety.

But, those reactions can change with time. As it turns out, Crow's injury was worse than most thought. That could have changed the Bills initial reaction. Maybe cooler heads will prevail, now that the BS is over with.

I agree with those who want to keep Crowell (if possible) AND get another LB.

I'm not disputing OBD's reaction in August. I'm disputing the fishy part.

The tone of the article is clearly from Crow's side, and it's apparent to me that he's seen no interest in his services this year. I'm guessing that he contacted Chris Brown for the piece, and no one from OBD is quoted in the story. Since Chris Brown is technically an independent journalist, it was a good story to run. Bills would be stupid not to consider signing Crow at a good FA contract, even if it's for one year.