Donte Whitner lit up by Sammy Morris

TheBlackMamba

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice how the supposed "hard hitting safety" was lying flat on his back for a good 10 seconds after Sammy Morris absolutely trucked him?

The hit was directly on Whitners banged up shoulder. Once Morris made contact to that shoulder Whitner couldn't wrap up properly and just dropped like a rock. He did get decked, but I think DW's ongoing shoulder injury made it worse than it would have been.

I think it was by LaMont Jordan--which is a big difference.

It was def. an embarassing moment for Whitner though.

It was definitely Sammy Morris.

It was as clear a "flattening" as I remember ever seeing a RB lay on a defender. I'm almost never critical of players on plays where they get hurt (but have no problem praising them when they make the play or give good effort anyway).

I hope Whitner is okay, both in terms of pain and prognosis.

Did anyone else notice how the supposed "hard hitting safety" was lying flat on his back for a good 10 seconds after Sammy Morris absolutely trucked him?

and your point is what? any player can get knocked out if the hit is right, doesnt matter who is doing the hitting

Not to ruin the whitner hate party, but he took a helmet on his injured shoulder, and he dropped like a box of rocks when he got hit. He layed down because he was hurt, not because he was embarrassed. When they were taking him off the field, he couldn't move his arm.

But lets to continue to pile on one of the few players that actually seems to give a sh-- about winning.

something tells me ngata could have took the hit and remained standing!

Really. So what?

Usually Whitner could have taken the hit too.

Sure he was out of position a bit. Morris, leaning with leverage, put his helmet directly into Whitner's bad shoulder. And Whitner is a shmuck for A) allowing that to hurt his shoulder B) Allowing it to be a backup RB that hurt his shoulder C) being unable to finish the play after getting hurt D) all of the above ?

This is not just directed at you, d_wag, but to everyone being critical of Whitner here.

There aren't that may plays where players get seriously hurt. I'd recommend picking on some of the other plays/players, if you want to be negative. He embarrassed you with how he looked when he got hurt? Boo hoo! Be good fans and wish him well.

Not to ruin the whitner hate party, but he took a helmet on his injured shoulder, and he dropped like a box of rocks when he got hit. He layed down because he was hurt, not because he was embarrassed. When they were taking him off the field, he couldn't move his arm.

But lets to continue to pile on one of the few players that actually seems to give a sh-- about winning.

well said

Problem with Whitner is that he talks like he gives a shi-- but often plays like he doesn't.

McGee, McKelvin, Fred Jackson, Josh Reed... those guys play like they care about winning – and it shows.

Not to ruin the whitner hate party, but he took a helmet on his injured shoulder, and he dropped like a box of rocks when he got PWNED. He layed down because he was PWNED, not because he was embarrassed. When they were taking him off the field, he couldn't move his arm, because he got PWNED.

We (the Bills fans) know he was playing hurt and we will make excuses. Doesn't change the fact that Whitner got PWNED!...I fix your post for you.

Problem with Whitner is that he talks like he gives a shi-- but often plays like he doesn't.

McGee, McKelvin, Fred Jackson, Josh Reed... those guys play like they care about winning – and it shows.

Yeah, and what does that have to do with the fact that the guy had his already bum shoulder blasted through his name plate?