Done. Done. Done

I guess after living in WNY for 20 some years, I now am an out of town (ex) fan. And can choose which team to follow. Those of you still in WNY have no choice your Bills are from Buffalo and forever they will be "your" team. mention to someone your from Buffalo and see how fast they bring up these losers. :unsure:

Now I have cheered for the underdog when they were that over-achieving bunch that had some things to be proud of. Now what? the star running back hits somebody with a car and takes off? The owner dodges questions on his coach (and appears a dottering fool in the process)? The only FA's they can get are overpaid second rate players? No probowlers? pay to cap - right! The worst drafts for years on end.:lol:..

Best wishes ( I think many said that to the Titanic band as they passed by and got in the lifeboats). When you seperate the Bills from being your identity and representing WNY, you will see that continuing to support this organization is nonsense. You can't be talking proud about having OJ :doh: on the wall in "Rich"...

Like I said GO DOLPHINS Chad Pennington a real underdog to root for! :bag:

Blueprint for success starts at the top.

I was all about to praise your first post, because, honestly, I can feel your frustration...in the last year, at 43 years of age, I have really seriously started to wonder, to myself, why (or if) I really get all that much enjoyment out of following my teams (Bills, Sabres and Celtcs), or if it such a learned behavior at this point...maybe just a bad habit I need to break...stop spending money on following them, stop wasting what little free time I have following them, and maybe improve the quality of other parts of my life...but then you had to go all crazy, and bring up the Lynch incident, OJ Simpson, bad drafts, etc etc...and then I remembered what it is like to be a fan, and not a front runner...I ain't giving up on the Bills, the Sabres, or the Celtics...but I am not taking their failures as seriously as I used to. It is bad for ones health...good luck finding a team that doesn't have its' share of off-field incidents, bumbling management moves...those things are hardly exclusive to the Bills.

This past June, I had the pleasure of watching my Celtics win another championship. The only pro sports team that I have ever loved, that has won a championship. It was great, but not as great as I imagined it would feel. I remember the last time they won, 22 years ago, and I was on cloud nine for weeks. Maybe it is just that I am older, or maybe sports have just changed so much, that it is hard to get as excited as it used to be. With the Celtics, I loved the current team, but it felt slightly hollow, knowing that they had hired two guns to come in to insure that they would win a ring. It was two guys (Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett) who had been the face of other franchises for at least a decade (two guys I always liked), so it was just kind of strange. I felt like it was kind of cheating in a way...not like those 80's teams...with the Bills, I will be thrilled when/if they ever win a championship...but I don't think it will be as meaningful as if it had been one of those early 90's teams...now we disect everything too much, when we lose, it is the worst loss ever, when we win, there is always something to complain about...

No, I understand the way you feel...and I don't begrudge you...but keep it in perspective, and it isn't so bad...

I guess after living in WNY for 20 some years, I now am an out of town (ex) fan. And can choose which team to follow. Those of you still in WNY have no choice your Bills are from Buffalo and forever they will be "your" team. mention to someone your from Buffalo and see how fast they bring up these losers. :unsure:

Now I have cheered for the underdog when they were that over-achieving bunch that had some things to be proud of. Now what? the star running back hits somebody with a car and takes off? The owner dodges questions on his coach (and appears a dottering fool in the process)? The only FA's they can get are overpaid second rate players? No probowlers? pay to cap - right! The worst drafts for years on end.:lol:..

Best wishes ( I think many said that to the Titanic band as they passed by and got in the lifeboats). When you seperate the Bills from being your identity and representing WNY, you will see that continuing to support this organization is nonsense. You can't be talking proud about having OJ :doh: on the wall in "Rich"...

I don't care how bad things are but a real Bills fan would NEVER root for Miami! EVER!!

Some free advice for a Bills fan at the end of his rope:

One thing that I am learning slowly over my 41 years, is to not let the outcome of a Bills game mess with my personal self esteem. I am serious about this - and you all can joke about it if you want but you know what I'm talking about.

As an out-of-town Bills fan, I used to dread going in to work on Monday after a Bills loss, anticipating what kind of crap I was going to hear at work. Fortunately I am a boss so I don't hear too much these days!

And get directv too, so you don't have to endure public humilation. I remember pre-DTV when I used to watch Bills games at a predominantly Jets sportsbar. I never lived down the embarassment of the dead-leg juke on Eddie Robinson.

I agree with the sentiments of the original poster, and would join him in a crossed swords stream over Ralph's headstone. One thing, though, that will not work: adopting another team. You can't. You can try, but your heart won't be there. Best you can do is root against the Bills or just give up on the NFL.

My plan is to essentially fire Wilson, hope for him to somehow become financially ruined, cheer for his team to lose, and then cheer again for the Bills to win AFTER they get new local ownership to replace him. Relocate and it's over forever, of course.

If other people have a problem with angry fans feeling this way, tough sh-t. I don't care what other "fans" think, this is how a lot of us see it, and if some of you lemmings intend to tell me off for feeling this way here's my middle finger pressed on your forehead in advance.

As I've said before, I would rather have no team at all than have one owned by Ralph Wilson.

This was one of the most pathetic performances by a so-called football team I have seen in years. This team is soooo far away, so out of the caliber of the other teams in the division it is going to take a miracle and be another 5 years before they even have a chance. the players lack talent, the coaches are awfull, the front office (is there one?), the owner is a mean old b@st@rd with no will to win, just make $$$.

I am so DONE with this loser of a franchise... throw out the memoribilia. No longer call me a fan. I am DONE being duped by Ralph Wilson. I am DONE being sucker punched by this collection of so called "high integrity" losers who can't block, can't tackle. There is no heart in this collection of dim wits. They are all soo off the mark they think Jauron is a good coach, and Ralph a good owner.

I don't care where they draft, I don't care who is a free agent. I am DONE.

GO DOLPHINS. Why? because I can't think of a worse thing to say to those at 1 Bills Drive!

What a sorry state of affairs, what a pitiful end. Ralph I hope your stadium is empty next season. I wish you get all the Dockery's, Royal's, and Mitchell's of the league to join up for several well paid years of heartless play. I hope you do not get in the HOF, it would be a travesty if you did.

And some day in the future I am going to find where you are buried in that high end suburb of Detroit, and make yellow snow on your head, so you will know what it feels like to get pi$$ed on the way you have done Buffalo Bills fans.

I am not giving up on my Bills, but I will go to Detroit with you after Wilson's demise, I will provide the additional excrement. :thumbsup:

Hey, I've got a question for you - why are you still here?

yea I asked him that in like 3 or 4 of the posts he made after this one...he said goodbye then went on to make 3-6 posts maybe more, he even started a few more threads..go figure

This was one of the most pathetic performances by a so-called football team I have seen in years. This team is soooo far away, so out of the caliber of the other teams in the division it is going to take a miracle and be another 5 years before they even have a chance. the players lack talent, the coaches are awfull, the front office (is there one?), the owner is a mean old b@st@rd with no will to win, just make $$$.

I am so DONE with this loser of a franchise... throw out the memoribilia. No longer call me a fan. I am DONE being duped by Ralph Wilson. I am DONE being sucker punched by this collection of so called "high integrity" losers who can't block, can't tackle. There is no heart in this collection of dim wits. They are all soo off the mark they think Jauron is a good coach, and Ralph a good owner.

I don't care where they draft, I don't care who is a free agent. I am DONE.

GO DOLPHINS. Why? because I can't think of a worse thing to say to those at 1 Bills Drive!

What a sorry state of affairs, what a pitiful end. Ralph I hope your stadium is empty next season. I wish you get all the Dockery's, Royal's, and Mitchell's of the league to join up for several well paid years of heartless play. I hope you do not get in the HOF, it would be a travesty if you did.

And some day in the future I am going to find where you are buried in that high end suburb of Detroit, and make yellow snow on your head, so you will know what it feels like to get pi$$ed on the way you have done Buffalo Bills fans.

the teams in our division are a higher caliber then us we just have bad coaching. Look at the dolphins there players aren't great it was all good coaching and good frint office. Our team is full talent we just need someone to be a good coach and not make stupid decisions.

And get directv too, so you don't have to endure public humilation. I remember pre-DTV when I used to watch Bills games at a predominantly Jets sportsbar. I never lived down the embarassment of the dead-leg juke on Eddie Robinson.

WOW! What an awesome post. You are right on.

I just wanted to weigh in - I'm from Buffalo (born and raised) as most of us here are. My mother still lives in the Nickel City, and I will always love and be proud of my city. I wish I still lived there, but couldn't find a job when I graduated, so I moved (I currently reside in North Brunswick, NJ). I am a diehard Bills and Sabres fan, of course, and always will be.

In response to this post from JR, I don't have DirecTV so I go to a local place to watch the games (unless they play the Jets, then it's on TV locally). I go every Sunday with a Bills jersey, hat, whatever I have to wear. And there are always fans of the opposing team there, too. It's rough - I have had nothing to cheer about at all. I think the lowpoint was the Miami game in Toronto. I had to sit there and watch 3 points out of our team, while Miami fans were cheering in my face.

In response to the overall thread, I would love to give up on this team (not really, but you'll see where I'm going). I mean, hey, it would save me lots of heartache, because I go through ups and downs every football season depending on how we do (and the Sabres, as well). It would be so nice to root for a team that wins consistently. It wouldn't hurt so bad.

But, there is NO WAY I can turn my back on this team, our city, etc. I LOVE Buffalo - and the sports teams there are, like it or not, for better or for worse, part of my identity. They are a significant part of who I am - my history, my blood. So, I wish I could say it would be that easy.

Bottom line: I hate the decisions we've made, I hate the team they put out there for us to see. But, still I root. Every single week, and I always will. Why? Because I've decided long ago that if the Buffalo Bills ship is sinking, I want to be on board with them. I have no choice. I'm a Buffalonian.

Plus, I'm 30, so when I first really became a true fan who followed every game was 1988 - Jim was our QB, and we were set to make history. So, I am spoiled as well. I never went through the losing years like so many of you did. But, I still hurt like everyone, and my blood is the same as yours. We're Bills fans - we're blood - and we'll always be bound by it, like it or not.

WOW! What an awesome post. You are right on.

I just wanted to weigh in - I'm from Buffalo (born and raised) as most of us here are. My mother still lives in the Nickel City, and I will always love and be proud of my city. I wish I still lived there, but couldn't find a job when I graduated, so I moved (I currently reside in North Brunswick, NJ). I am a diehard Bills and Sabres fan, of course, and always will be.

In response to this post from JR, I don't have DirecTV so I go to a local place to watch the games (unless they play the Jets, then it's on TV locally). I go every Sunday with a Bills jersey, hat, whatever I have to wear. And there are always fans of the opposing team there, too. It's rough - I have had nothing to cheer about at all. I think the lowpoint was the Miami game in Toronto. I had to sit there and watch 3 points out of our team, while Miami fans were cheering in my face.

In response to the overall thread, I would love to give up on this team (not really, but you'll see where I'm going). I mean, hey, it would save me lots of heartache, because I go through ups and downs every football season depending on how we do (and the Sabres, as well). It would be so nice to root for a team that wins consistently. It wouldn't hurt so bad.

But, there is NO WAY I can turn my back on this team, our city, etc. I LOVE Buffalo - and the sports teams there are, like it or not, for better or for worse, part of my identity. They are a significant part of who I am - my history, my blood. So, I wish I could say it would be that easy.

Bottom line: I hate the decisions we've made, I hate the team they put out there for us to see. But, still I root. Every single week, and I always will. Why? Because I've decided long ago that if the Buffalo Bills ship is sinking, I want to be on board with them. I have no choice. I'm a Buffalonian.

Plus, I'm 30, so when I first really became a true fan who followed every game was 1988 - Jim was our QB, and we were set to make history. So, I am spoiled as well. I never went through the losing years like so many of you did. But, I still hurt like everyone, and my blood is the same as yours. We're Bills fans - we're blood - and we'll always be bound by it, like it or not.

I finally found a quite for my sig line. Thanks.

I am so DONE with this loser of a franchise...

We are only a few critical pieces away I tell you!!!...NEXT YEAR...when Schobel an Youboty return and Trent has another year under his belt...NEXT YEAR...when we draft that critical DE, C, and TE...NEXT YEAR...when Jauron learns from his mistakes of yesteryear. Don't fear my friend, our young core of mediocre players are approaching their prime. This team is built to peak in '09 or '10

Another good post. The stingy philosophy w/ coaches has never made any sense to me either. Even from an economic standpoint, an extra couple million seems like a relatively cheap investment in the grand scheme of things, and/or significantly less coin than what Ralph says is chump change when he's questioned on why he doesn't sell the stadium's naming rights B-)

Yes, and the money spent on top coaches/scouts doesn't even count against the salary cap! It's definitely money well spent.

And if memory serves me correctly, LSI was completely done with the Bills and Red Sox only about 511 times? :P

Deep breaths my man... deep breaths. Think happy thoughts... shiny fire engines, roller coasters, cotton candy, cheerleaders... it's all going to be okay. B-)

And if memory serves me correctly, LSI was completely done with the Bills and Red Sox only about 511 times? :P

Deep breaths my man... deep breaths. Think happy thoughts... shiny fire engines, roller coasters, cotton candy, cheerleaders... it's all going to be okay. B-)

Yep, it will be that much sweeter when the Bills finally win it all (if we're all not dead, that is).

I guess after living in WNY for 20 some years, I now am an out of town (ex) fan. And can choose which team to follow. Those of you still in WNY have no choice your Bills are from Buffalo and forever they will be "your" team. mention to someone your from Buffalo and see how fast they bring up these losers. B-)

Best wishes ( I think many said that to the Titanic band as they passed by and got in the lifeboats). When you seperate the Bills from being your identity and representing WNY, you will see that continuing to support this organization is nonsense. You can't be talking proud about having OJ :P on the wall in "Rich"...

A real fan NEVER quits on his team . He just gets pissed off and comes back strong next game or at the end of the season as the case , next year .