John Clayton on Bill Cowher

John Clayton was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that the best possibility for Coach Cowher is the Jets. He believes that Mangini is gone and that New York will give anything to Cowher that he asks for, including salary. If its not the Jets than Coach goes back to the booth.

Does Cowher come to New York and make things tougher for Buffalo?

Thoughts...

:)

John Clayton was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that the best possibility for Coach Cowher is the Jets. He believes that Mangini is gone and that New York will give anything to Cowher that he asks for, including salary. If its not the Jets than Coach goes back to the booth.

Thoughts...

;)

If cower goes to the Jets and we still have Jauron we will be deadlast in the division again Jauron cannot beat bellicheck, or a Parcells run teamed and certainly he cannot beat a Cower lead team this would put the nails in our coffin of survival in the east nad thats waht happens when you dont have a plan.

Think about it... When did you ever hear this team say we are going to take the division they have on many occasions conceded the division to the Pats and only way in was the Wildcard spot. Who does that Your goal should always be to be the best in your division thats the only gaurantee you will make the playoffs. DUMB A$$ :);)

Thoughts...

Boomer Esiason does the morning radio show for WFAN in NY and the topic of Cowher coaching the Jets came up on Monday. He laughed at the suggestion and said there is no way Cowher would coach the Jets. It sounded to me like he has had some conversations with his NFL Today studio-mate regarding the possibility of the Jets and that's why he was laughing.

Cowher is going to go to a team which has a lot of upside (good players or good draft picks). The Jets are not that team given Favre's age and pending retirement and no prospect of getting a winning QB anytime soon. He does not want to be given a hand that's a losing one in a pressure cooker like NYC. I also don't think he fits well in a big city like NY, doesn't seem like his style at all.

If Cower is looking for the ultimate chance to show he is the best, taking over the Jests is probably his best opportunity. He would have to deal with the toughest media and play two games against Bellycheat each season and two against Tuna every season. Expectations would be bigger than even when Joe Gibbs came out of retirement a few years back.

That said, I thought he liked the Pittsburgh-style-blue-collar cities. Isn't that why he just bought a home near Cleveland? New Jersey is a long way from Pittsburgh. Then again, maybe he is looking to get away from that.

I think this would be a huge risk for Cower. It would either be disastrous for him or the crowning achievement of his career. He already has a spot waiting for him in the Hall of Fame. Why gamble that? Why? Because that's what guys like him do.

Thoughts...

makes cents to me

Yey again. If Clayton reports that Cowher is going to the Jets, it means that Cowher will be coaching in Sand Diego next year

:beer:

Boomer Esiason does the morning radio show for WFAN in NY and the topic of Cowher coaching the Jets came up on Monday. He laughed at the suggestion and said there is no way Cowher would coach the Jets. It sounded to me like he has had some conversations with his NFL Today studio-mate regarding the possibility of the Jets and that's why he was laughing.

Cowher is going to go to a team which has a lot of upside (good players or good draft picks). The Jets are not that team given Favre's age and pending retirement and no prospect of getting a winning QB anytime soon. He does not want to be given a hand that's a losing one in a pressure cooker like NYC. I also don't think he fits well in a big city like NY, doesn't seem like his style at all.

Buffalo please!!!

Not gonna happen but it would be a nice Christmas miracle.

Thoughts...

I doubt Cowher is willing to put himself in the NY media hotseat. He can have his pick of teams my guess is that he waits for his preference and i doubt the Jests are it. Aside from the media he is not going to a team that has no QB (Faurve's best is past and he is likely to retire).

One thing that's not brought up in the Cowher talk is how much longer does he actually want to coach.

I saw an article (tried to find a link online, can't, but it was CBS Watch magazine) that was written before this season started, where Cowher said he likes being at home with his family now that he's just in the studio a few days a week. So it would have to be a really good offer in my opinion for him to go back to coaching while his daughters are still in school.

Thoughts...

It would be tougher for the Bills, but who is going to play QB for the Jets?

It would be the trifecta in the AFCE. Belichick/Pioli in NE, Parcells in MIA, and Cowher in NYJ. With a lineup like that, we'll be seeing last place more often than the KC Royals.

And to think, we've got them all beat with Russ Brandon. Awesome!

Please tell me one wrong thing Brandon did in his first year on the job.

Guest dog14787
Please tell me one wrong thing Brandon did in his first year on the job.

Someone decided to take an assistant coach from an offense that clearly wasn't working and promote him to OC.

Who's brilliant idea was this? :beer:

Someone decided to take an assistant coach from an offense that clearly wasn't working and promote him to OC.

Who's brilliant idea was this? :beer:

It was Jauron's. Head coaches chose their staff.

but in games that Trent has started and finished, the Bills average 26 points/ game (which would be good for 5th in the league). Turk hasn't be perfect but there is definite improvement.

Guest dog14787

but in games that Trent has started and finished, the Bills average 26 points/ game (which would be good for 5th in the league). Turk hasn't be perfect but there is definite improvement.

Take Kansas City out of it and then what do you have, 16 points a game? At what cost and how many times did TE get slammed to the turf to to make them points?

While still fairly poor, in important situations (and disastrous in others), for much of the year, the play calling overall was substantially better than it was in 2007.

As to your analysis of the scoring, try it only including offensive points, and see where the Bills stand.

Does Cowher come to New York New Jersey and make things tougher for Buffalo?

Thoughts...

Take Kansas City out of it and then what do you have, 16 points a game? At what cost and how many times did TE get slammed to the turf to to make them points?

Well then do we take out out the 10 point game against the Pats*??? You really can't do that can you? But because i'm a nice guy and you asked, it would be 22.2 points.

While still fairly poor, in important situations (and disastrous in others), for much of the year, the play calling overall was substantially better than it was in 2007.

As to your analysis of the scoring, try it only including offensive points, and see where the Bills stand.

How many defensive/ special teams tds have we scored this year? Maybe 4. All I know is that last year, we were alot better at creating big plays on defense/ special teams. the offense has been a lot better than last year 9of course, that is not saying much).