Watching the Post game intreview of DJ

PNW_Bills_Fan

I did not get to see the game because I was at the Seahawks game. I watched the highlights online and then watch the post game interviews. I swear DJ was holding back tears. After watching all the interviews I got the impression these guys like there coach. They want to fight for their coach. I also felt like they had some swagger. I felt like they came across like fighters. Not like losers. There has been so much talk about our seasons collapse and the lack of swagger. I saw some today. I like our chances with TE at the helm. We have a good young core that love there coach and want to play for him. There is no excuse for the losses, but I think next year is looking brighter. If we beat the Pats, oh that would be sweet. It will also confirm that we are on the right track. I am not sure a loss means we blow this team up. I think with a little bit of tweaking on the O and D line and we are not far off.

Add a playmaking LB and TE along with a veteran backup QB and now we're talkin.

Like I said we are not far off. I actually think our 2 you have serious potential, DF and DS. We are not far off. We need one more outside LB, DE, Center (unless Duke has turned things around). Other than those weaknesses we could use some depth.

Sorry that the Bills might like the guy, but I don't.................. I also think we lose next week (I hope not but..........he does have a better chance of losing the HC job if they do...... so let me re-examine that)..............

I have swagger too. See

Although I still feel like DJ will never be a winning coach, I'd be willing to hang on to him for one more year if we get this team lotsa help in the following order:

1. A Bill Polian/Scott Pioli-type of GM instead of this corn-skinner we have now.

2. A creative freaking OC! Haven't seen one of those since Marchibroda was here.

3. How about a real pass rush?

4. And finally, a damn tightend! Jay Riemersma would be welcome about now.

I did not get to see the game because I was at the Seahawks game. I watched the highlights online and then watch the post game interviews. I swear DJ was holding back tears. After watching all the interviews I got the impression these guys like there coach. They want to fight for their coach. I also felt like they had some swagger. I felt like they came across like fighters. Not like losers. There has been so much talk about our seasons collapse and the lack of swagger. I saw some today. I like our chances with TE at the helm. We have a good young core that love there coach and want to play for him. There is no excuse for the losses, but I think next year is looking brighter. If we beat the Pats, oh that would be sweet. It will also confirm that we are on the right track. I am not sure a loss means we blow this team up. I think with a little bit of tweaking on the O and D line and we are not far off.

Did he say

"They like me, they really like me"?

The Bills had the talent to win the AFC East this Year and got a 5-1 head start...While I agree that there are needs to be addressed still, with some decent Coaching the 1-7 collapse could have easily been 4-4 or 5-3...And where would we be now? Lets not let Dead Dick off the hook for that rediculous stretch which saw the Bills lose Home Games to Cleveland and San Fran...Lets not let him off the hook for blowing The Jets Game with one of the dumbest Play Calls in Buffalo Bills history...

I know He's a nice Guy, his Players love Him, blah, blah, blah...He's still one loss away from 7 losing Seasons out of 8 as a HC...Nice Guy or not, Jauron simply does not have what it takes to Coach this Team to the next level, which is now nothing less than the Playoffs...It should have been the Playoffs this Year...That's why The Bills Organization cannot risk another Season under Jauron...They HAVE to find a Head Coach that can match wits with the likes of Belichick...And Jauron has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt He's not that Head Coach...

Don't be fooled by a Team that Plays hard...The Bills played hard throughout most of 07 as well, and they still finished 7-9...That's what Jauron gives You...A hard Playing 7-9 Team...:lol:

Like I said we are not far off. I actually think our 2 you have serious potential, DF and DS. We are not far off. We need one more outside LB, DE, Center (unless Duke has turned things around). Other than those weaknesses we could use some depth.

You're right. We could easily be 8-8 next year.

PTR

I think it is absolutely simple. If DJ can beat the Pats*, he's going to be given a chance to stay. If not, he's gone. This will be DJ's six consecutive loss to the Pats*, so it will take a miracle if the bills pulled it off.

But if he does, I almost guarantee Ralph will use it as an excuse to not get out of the contract. But hey, he'll probably keep him regardless, so why bother.

During the game, he was fighting back smiles a lot. I see him trying to get angry at officials during calls which are up in the air, like the time when it was supposed to be 3rd down, but the officials said 4th down. He was really holding back a smile when Lynch went to midfield (out of the game with a sling) to congratulate freddy jackson after his big catch. You could tell that type of behavior exemplified who he thought a player should be.

As in a players progress, our coaching staff needs to show progress. The thing I took away from this game was our in-game coaching adjustments. Our Defense got roasted in the 1st quarter, and it appeared fewell switched to a more man oriented defense as the game progressed mixed with some blitzes. Our offensive playcalling also went to our bread and butter after hitting a funk the 1st couple of drives. They put the weight on Lynch and Jackson to get us going mixed with some play action.

Two positives yesterday:

1)DJ beat a team with a winning record

2) Trent Edwards won his 1st cold weather game (I am pretty sure about this one)

--Maybe practicing outdoors in the cold better prepared this team for a cold weather game, go figure. :lol:

I am absolutely convinced that when people say they saw "swagger," they just mean the team in question won, and when they didn't see "swagger," they're just trying to say the team in question lost.

Exactly, no offense to anyone but that is just a silly cliche.

During the game, he was fighting back smiles a lot. I see him trying to get angry at officials during calls which are up in the air, like the time when it was supposed to be 3rd down, but the officials said 4th down. He was really holding back a smile when Lynch went to midfield (out of the game with a sling) to congratulate freddy jackson after his big catch. You could tell that type of behavior exemplified who he thought a player should be.

As in a players progress, our coaching staff needs to show progress. The thing I took away from this game was our in-game coaching adjustments. Our Defense got roasted in the 1st quarter, and it appeared fewell switched to a more man oriented defense as the game progressed mixed with some blitzes. Our offensive playcalling also went to our bread and butter after hitting a funk the 1st couple of drives. They put the weight on Lynch and Jackson to get us going mixed with some play action.

Two positives yesterday:

2) Trent Edwards won his 1st cold weather game (I am pretty sure about this one)

--Maybe practicing outdoors in the cold better prepared this team for a cold weather game, go figure. :lol:

It was cold but there was no wind to speak of, even the kickers were booming long FG's so I don't think this was any kind of test of arm strength for anyone.

I think this game simply proved what the KC game also proved, that against a really, really crappy defense, our offense looks pretty good. Pity we can't play against crappy defenses for 16 games.

We still have no pass rush unless we blitz a backer. Kelsay needs to be let go next season or demoted to the bench. These guys just swim upstream and never hit the QB. I wonder what the sack totals without Schobel by DEs are this year.

They are also incapable of stopping a bootleg but they share the blame for that with Poz who is not fast enough to get to the outside to make that play and the OLB's who simply get blocked.

Wasn't the 2007 Dolphins game a "cold-weather" game? There certainly was snow on the ground IIRC.

I swear DJ was holding back tears.

I couldn't agree more. He was holding back tears for sure.

But let me ask this? Do you think that because he has built such a close relationship with the players that he is sad to not be around them next year? I mean, he kept referring to them and how much of a great win it was for them. I just got this feeling that he knows he is done and it makes him sad.

Two positives yesterday:

we're one week removed from the Losman roll-out and unfortunately, this game displayed a bit of the promise that this team had. while not a great team, they were certainly good enough to win 3 more games along the way, or at least they appeared to be good enough. I struggle getting past some of the situations our players were put in this year (never mind their maddening inability at times to exectue), and i have to fault coaching for much of that. end of the day, if he's back next year, i'll start the WHOOOLE prceoss all over again.

it was nice to see josh reed play well this year, it was nice to see marshawn play very well the last few games, it was nice to see freddy impact the game yesterday, mckelvin looks like a keeper, corner and mcgee made plays, and trent COULD be the next barrack obama...

all in all, it's a Christmas Miracle!

I think it is absolutely simple. If DJ can beat the Pats*, he's going to be given a chance to stay. If not, he's gone. This will be DJ's six consecutive loss to the Pats*, so it will take a miracle if the bills pulled it off.

But if he does, I almost guarantee Ralph will use it as an excuse to not get out of the contract. But hey, he'll probably keep him regardless, so why bother.

Not so sure it is that simple, I think the decision is already made and that this last game isn't going to affect it. Either he already signed the extension or he didn't and the vibe I get is that he already signed it and he will be here next no matter what happens against the Cheatriots.

Not so sure it is that simple, I think the decision is already made and that this last game isn't going to affect it. Either he already signed the extension or he didn't and the vibe I get is that he already signed it and he will be here next no matter what happens against the Cheatriots.

Yeah I agree. I think he is here for a couple more years. I know people don't want to here it.

Wasn't the 2007 Dolphins game a "cold-weather" game? There certainly was snow on the ground IIRC.

You recall correctly. From the gamebook:

Temp: 30° F (-1.1° C), Humidity: 67%, Wind: ENE 6 mph

Outdoor Weather: Forecast: Periods of light sleet or freezing

rain. Temps in low to mid 30s., Wind Chill: 24

I looked that stat up before the Toronto game -- maybe for a comment I posted on Graham's blog? -- and that Miami game was the only one either Edwards or Losman has ever won with the temp under 40 degrees. (At least I think I cut it off at 39. I'll have to see if I can find that ...)

They made some defensive plays when it mattered but I think we need a different defensive philosophy. Get a pass rush and play tight aggressive coverage instead of this bending defense......

they gave up almost 500 yards to a team with no healthy RBs.

they were one dimensional and the Bills hardly slowed them down.

NE will not stall in the redzone