Underrated player this game

bobobonators

Chambers. Maybe I missed one, but I didn't see him beaten at all tonight. I truly thought that Peters being out was going to be a disaster for Edwards this game. While at the beginning the O-line struggled with the blitz packages, I didn't see any of the sacks attributed to Chambers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, big kudos to Chambers for stepping in there! :angry:

Chambers. Maybe I missed one, but I didn't see him beaten at all tonight. I truly thought that Peters being out was going to be a disaster for Edwards this game. While at the beginning the O-line struggled with the blitz packages, I didn't see any of the sacks attributed to Chambers.

He got called for a holding penalty but other than that, I can't recall him getting beat much.

Maybe in the first few series when they were blitzing like hell.

I think he's a keeper, but isn't he a free agent after this season?

Chambers held his own, against a pretty mediocre line...good game for him though. Whatever the Bills are lacking on the OL in their starters, they seem to be able to develop some depth...

Also underrated, the Bills secondary. I know, they gave up 359 yards, or whatever, but with the lack of pass rush, and crummy play of the linebackers, the game was on their shoulders, for the most part...Whitner, McKelvin, Corner, Scott and, (especially) McGee all had some huge plays to help ice the win for the Bills.

i agree. solid game!

Chambers held his own, against a pretty mediocre line...good game for him though. Whatever the Bills are lacking on the OL in their starters, they seem to be able to develop some depth...

Also underrated, the Bills secondary. I know, they gave up 359 yards, or whatever, but with the lack of pass rush, and crummy play of the linebackers, the game was on their shoulders, for the most part...Whitner, McKelvin, Corner, Scott and, (especially) McGee all had some huge plays to help ice the win for the Bills.

I agree completely, this was probably one of the best games for our DB's this season. Many tipped balls, solid coverage in critical situations, and two turnovers (well, Mitchell got that INT technically). Today, bend but don't break actually worked b/c denver should've scored much more than they did.

Witnessing today's game, I hope everyone can see why in my other post and many other individuals on this board are advocating the absolute NEED of a pass rushig DE in the draft. You simply can't run a cover/tampa 2 defense w/o a pass rush--well, technically you can't be effective with any kind of defense with no pass rush, but it's even more critical when you're playing zone. We weren't able to sack Cutler with a 4 man rush once in this game...we didn't even come close. Truly pathetic. Johnson or Orakpo in the first round..i don't want to hear anything else.

I think a reason why our DB's made more plays than usual today is b/c we were playing man quite a lot in certain situations. Thoughts?

Chambers was very good every time he was in this season, particularly when Peters was out in the beginning.

True, bue earlier in the season it was Walker mostly at LT protecting the blindside and Chambers at RT..but ya, def. agree that Chambers was also solid earlier in the year.

Our pass rush still stinks, but Denney made a couple of heads up plays.

Rookie Reggie Corner made some big plays and is showing he has what it takes to be a top-notch nickel corner.

He made a decent tackle other then that outta position 90% of the time......dude gets faked out on everything. Cant contain outside. He missed a tackle that went for an additional 10 yards........Denney sucks!

He made a decent tackle other then that outta position 90% of the time......dude gets faked out on everything. Cant contain outside. He missed a tackle that went for an additional 10 yards........Denney sucks!

Kelsay and Denney would be OK backups..giving Schobel and Orakpo/Johnson a breather. :angry:

Kelsay and Denney would be OK backups..giving Schobel and Orakpo/Johnson a breather. :angry:

Agreed. Our biggest problem for 2 years running with regards to the DEs is that neither Kelsay or Denney are or should be full time starters. But due to injuries, they are.

Ah, yet another Denney basher. While Denney isn't a highly talented guy, He does work hard, is at least capable of reading a play, and occasionally making one as well. Hard to fault a DE on an end-around when he's he lone wolf out there. Contain? contain what? There wasn't any other Bill anywhere near the line of scrimmage.

If you want to go after a DE, start with "was there a game today?" Kelsay.... Here's a guy who almost never makes a play, or a rush, or anything other than to cash his rather large checks. The last play he's made was against Dallas, last year.

I agree completely, this was probably one of the best games for our DB's this season. Many tipped balls, solid coverage in critical situations, and two turnovers (well, Mitchell got that INT technically). Today, bend but don't break actually worked b/c denver should've scored much more than they did.

Witnessing today's game, I hope everyone can see why in my other post and many other individuals on this board are advocating the absolute NEED of a pass rushig DE in the draft. You simply can't run a cover/tampa 2 defense w/o a pass rush--well, technically you can't be effective with any kind of defense with no pass rush, but it's even more critical when you're playing zone. We weren't able to sack Cutler with a 4 man rush once in this game...we didn't even come close. Truly pathetic. Johnson or Orakpo in the first round..i don't want to hear anything else.

I think a reason why our DB's made more plays than usual today is b/c we were playing man quite a lot in certain situations. Thoughts?

Absolutely. A consistent pass rush is critical in the tampa/cover 2. I'm not sure whether the DB's playing man resulted in more plays, or if they were just able to put themselves in a better position through zone discipline. But either way, they most definitely need to upgrade the pass rush. Whether it's through the draft or draft/free agency in combination,

D-lineman or lineman/linebacker combination, that's got to be the number one priority in the off season.

Ah, yet another Denney basher. While Denney isn't a highly talented guy, He does work hard, is at least capable of reading a play, and occasionally making one as well. Hard to fault a DE on an end-around when he's he lone wolf out there. Contain? contain what? There wasn't any other Bill anywhere near the line of scrimmage.

If you want to go after a DE, start with "was there a game today?" Kelsay.... Here's a guy who almost never makes a play, or a rush, or anything other than to cash his rather large checks. The last play he's made was against Dallas, last year.

I don't give a !@#$ if either one of them are on the practice field every day until midnight and in the film room till dawn. They both blow. I could see Denny as strictly a backup but he is paid WAY too much for even that role. I say get rid of them both, and use the combined salary towards someone who will actually get to the QB instead of run past him every play.

Seems like, everytime he starts in place of our "Pro Bowl" LT, we win. Anyon know what Peters' "record" is this year as a starter? Sure doesn't seem like a difference-maker to me.

Kudos to Mr. Chambers.

Denney also has 8 tipped balls this season and leads the team in sacks. I definitely wouldn't mind him being our primary backup at DE next year. He is much much better than Kelsay IMO, who is just a complete waste of space out there.

He got called for a holding penalty but other than that, I can't recall him getting beat much.

Maybe in the first few series when they were blitzing like hell.

I think he's a keeper, but isn't he a free agent after this season?

Pay Chambers and trade Peters.

PTR

Regardless, big kudos to Chambers for stepping in there! :lol:

Good game for him