Everyone will blame Losman, but...

with the bootleg he should have been instructed if you don't find the open man immediately, run for it...don't keep on looking....

He's five years in the league. He should know how to make decisions like that by now. Goodbye and good riddance to him.

with the bootleg he should have been instructed if you don't find the open man immediately, run for it...don't keep on looking....

You're right. It's not JP's fault. After all he only held on to the ball too long, failed to sense the rush behind him, and fumble the ball. I blame society.

PTR

He absolutely has to know that he has to get rid of it or just go down and take the sack. The important thing is keeping the ball and keeping the clock running.

But it's still a sh------- playcall. 2nd and 5, running the ball well - you keep doing that.

He deserves blame for turning the ball over, but at the same time, I place at least as much blame on the total, utter and complete dumbass who called the play to begin with.

I've never seen an offense so afraid of its own shadow as this one or a coordinator so capable of making idiotic calls at the worst possible opportunity. Turk should be fired Monday morning, and hopefully DICK will get fired right along with him.

The call itself was horrendous! why even get cute when Marshawn is running like a beast?!?!?!

Awful

You are right and this is not the first game they called a pass play when they should have run it. I really think the offensive coordinator is underming the team. Lets face it you knew they would lose. F you Ralph

Quite literally coaching lost this game. Run Lynch 2 more times. Worst case scenario.... he doesn't get the first down and the Jets get the ball with about 70 yardss to go and less than 1:20 on the clock. Best case scenario... he gets the first down and game all but over.

Any complete pass there and so what... it's still 2 minute warning, Jets with time outs.

So I ask who do you give the ball to with the game on the line... your best offensive player - Lynch; or JP. Just stupid. It's called putting your players in a position to win, and Jauron et al. have zero sense of that.

Offensively..the call put everything on Losman and I don't think that should ever happen if the Bills wanted to win....Look on the bright side we are closer to being 6-10 than 9-7 and teasing us with "we are almost a playoff team"....

TURK is the dumbest muthaf*cker in football!! Only in Buffalo...can they lose in th most painful way imagineable....

Offensively..the call put everything on Losman and I don't think that should ever happen if the Bills wanted to win....Look on the bright side we are closer to being 6-10 than 9-7 and teasing us with "we are almost a playoff team"....

So you don't think you should be able to trust a 5th year QB when the game is on the line? Do you smoke crack?

"It's not JP's fault. He's not getting good blocking."

"It's not JP's fault. The coaches are calling bad plays."

"It's not JP's fault. His receivers are dropping the ball."

"It's not JP's fault. It's a leap year and there's a full moon tonight."

"It's not JP's fault. The big car companies didn't get their bailout package."

Have I forgotten any excuses?

So you don't think you should be able to trust a 5th year QB when the game is on the line? Do you smoke crack?

Not when the 5th year QB sucks and has never done anything to prove himself as a good QB!

You give it to the guy who is running his heart out and having the game of his life....un-real..........

especially considering that there were only 2:00 left when the play began.

There was 2:06. Which is why it was a good call -- incomplete pass, run, or pass all stop the clock at roughly 2 minutes. If we had just run the ball up the middle and not converted, everyone would say how we had no creativity and our coaches suck because of that.

I don't think it has anything to do with trust. You have a player who is, by the most optimistic standard, a career backup and who has problems with a) trying to do to much, so he holds on to the ball too long and b) has issues with fumbles. Most coaches know their players' limitations and plan around them. That's what Dick and Turk needed to do here.

There was 2:06. Which is why it was a good call -- incomplete pass, run, or pass all stop the clock at roughly 2 minutes. If we had just run the ball up the middle and not converted, everyone would say how we had no creativity and our coaches suck because of that.

I see your point, but there is a time to be creative and aggressive and a time to be conservative and play ball-control offense. This was one of those times - pound the rock and take your chances with your franchise back, rather than trust your soon-to-be former backup QB.

Seriously would you shut up? Defending JP in this situation is sick. Nobody should have to TELL a 5th year QB anything, he should have a brain and know himself. I'm a high school football player and I was yelling from my couch to throw it away before the sack happened, THROW IT AWAY.

If its a choice between your backup QB vs your RB who has 127 yards and is averaging 6 yards per carry, it doesn't seem like much of a decision to me. Realistically, the worst that would've been likely to happen is that Marshawn runs it twice, fails to pick up the first down, and the Bills punt back to the Jets with about 1:30 left and with the Jets having no timeouts left.

JP deserves his share of the blame, mind you, but that was a horrid, awful, stupid playcall given the circumstances.

If its a choice between your backup QB vs your RB who has 127 yards and is averaging 6 yards per carry, it doesn't seem like much of a decision to me. Realistically, the worst that would've been likely to happen is that Marshawn runs it twice, fails to pick up the first down, and the Bills punt back to the Jets with about 1:30 left and with the Jets having no timeouts left.

JP deserves his share of the blame, mind you, but that was a horrid, awful, stupid playcall given the circumstances.

too true. i think that call sealed DJ and turk's fate

I see your point, but there is a time to be creative and aggressive and a time to be conservative and play ball-control offense. This was one of those times - pound the rock and take your chances with your franchise back, rather than trust your soon-to-be former backup QB.

they rarely run outside even though it is usually successful

:angry::( But someone should have told him - IF YOU DON"T THE OPEN RECEIVER THEN GO!!!!

You seriously think he needs to be told that? what is he 10 years old? I wonder if they tell Lindell to put it through the uprights everytime he heads on the field?

Seriously would you shut up? Defending JP in this situation is sick. Nobody should have to TELL a 5th year QB anything, he should have a brain and know himself. I'm a high school football player and I was yelling from my couch to throw it away before the sack happened, THROW IT AWAY.

He's a laughable QB okay...but this coaching staff is also about as lame as JP

perfect storm of "all pro" peters wiffing helen keller at qb and play that never should have been called. i feel bad for jp but he is going to struggle to be a 3rd stringer somewhere next year

You seriously think he needs to be told that? what is he 10 years old? I wonder if they tell Lindell to put it through the uprights everytime he heads on the field?

Anyone remember Donovan McNabb (who some people on this board want) didn't know about Overtime ending even if it's a tie...sometimes you have to tell some of these boneheads what to do...

Has anyone ever looked at JP's Wonderlich score?

they rarely run outside even though it is usually successful

True. They've had some success on toss sweeps this year - it would seem that it might be a good time for that, or one of those fake-hand-off-quick-pitch plays. Or just something off tackle. Any running play would have been better than what they called.

Heck, look at the unbalanced line the Jets rolled out and had Favre run the bootleg off on the first series. That would have been more than creative enough for me.