Jauron for DC in 2009

uticaclub

I'm just as pissed at Jauron as everyone here, decision making, play calling, game prep, ect... all terrible and we are playing like disgraces. But we could have been alot worst than 7-9 last year without his leadership (that we must have left behind last season). I think the players might have a negative reaction if we fire him, we did just give him an extension, and he does have a great defense mind. See if he's down for a demotion at the same pay rate even give him an assistant HC job title (which doesn't really mean much), and get someone in here that will light a fire under our A$$.

I'm just as pissed at Jauron as everyone here, decision making, play calling, game prep, ect... all terrible and we are playing like disgraces. But we could have been alot worst than 7-9 last year without his leadership (that we must have left behind last season). I think the players might have a negative reaction if we fire him, we did just give him an extension, and he does have a great defense mind. See if he's down for a demotion at the same pay rate even give him an assistant HC job title (which doesn't really mean much), and get someone in here that will light a fire under our A$$.

Not a bad idea. I'll take it, as along as that means we have a new head coach.

Jauron has a defensive background, but he's not a great defensive mind. A myth born by the fact that he was hired as a HC...so he must have been a great coordinator, right? He was nothing special as a coordinator. His defense kinda' suckedballs in Detroit and he wasn't even a candidate for any other HC job. Not even in Detroit!

Rrrriiiiiiiiiiight.

First, the players are not stupid. If management decides to make a change because the team finished 6-10, and greatly under achieved in it's goals, the choices for change are limited. It's either some or all of the coaching staff goes bye-bye, or players start going bye-bye.

Secondly, hire the right coach, and watch those players :lol: turn upside down into :lol: .

That kind of thing never happens, and for good reason. You can't demote someone and leave them on the same team. Common sense dictates that some players would still show allegiance to Jauron and it would create a mess if things got worse...

Keep in mind that to do that, you'd have to demote Bobby April as well.