Pats Game, Tailgate only

As long as it's been paid for, I don't think Ralph cares if it's empty or filled with banana cream pie.

If nothing substantive is done, his realization will come when people don't renew for next year. And even then, he'll just blame the economy and it'll give more ammunition to move.

The best thing that could happen for this franchise would be for Ralph to sell now or die. I'd really just prefer that whatever is gonna happen, happens, rather than watch a team I loved be run into the ground.

You right...should have said empty UNSOLD seat. :lol:

Unfortunatley, doing so puts the whole organization in peril. For example, Jets fans dont show up and show their disgust and the ownership may "get it" and make changes. But the actual team isnt going anywhere. But for the Bills, if fan interest really dries up, we could be looking at the franchise being moved or dissolved. So in essense, we are in a really tough spot as fans. By turning our backs, we could conceivably be burning down the house we are trying to save!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I suggested on Friday, BillsFans/Customers should think about hanging out in the parking lots and tailgate during the game as a sign to the Bills to get your "zhit together". I heard WGR mention the same thing today. My wife told me when she came home from work, Friday, that at lunch time she over heard some Bills season ticket holders say the same thing.

Does this idea have legs?

No. Unfortunately most Bills fans will be too cheap, and will be looking to sell their tickets to rabid Patsies fans looking to see their team sneak into a division title. This is blasphemy of the highest order, selling your ticket to an opposing fan. Yet the almighty buck will win out I'm afraid. Donating tickets to a worthy youth organization for example is not an option. The pursuit of the dollar will prevail. Bills nation will suffer the indignity (after the Toronto debacle) of seeing their true home stadium overwhelmed by enemy patsie cloth. Who cares though, as long as you get a few greenbacks in your pocket. B-)

NO YOU DONT. You wont like 15 Division titles IN A ROW, a few pennants and a World Series in the 90s. Even the last few years, youve been competitive.

In a way, this kind of reminds me of the 2004 season when the Orioles were actually in first place in July only to completely collapse into another losing season.

Im a Braves fan so I know what you mean!

Oh poor Braves fans! I feel so bad for you guys and your decade and a half of dominance in the NL East. A friend of mine here in Ithaca is from Atlanta, and he's starting to cop the same attitude about the Braves, bitching at every chance he gets. Why do fans from winning teams who have one bad season get to act like this?

All you'd have to do is stay out of your seat until the game starts. You can be inside the stadium. Just having the stadium seats empty at kickoff on TV will make a powerful statement, without anyone having to waste the ticket you paid for.

PTR

everyone should just tailgate like a normal game....then just gather at the gates and around the stadium...but NOT go in

picture that scene...

It might be the 3rd Q before everyone got into the stadium if they wait that long. I say go in but hang out in the concourse.

PTR

IMHO, tailgating before and during the game will send the biggest message.

Wilson will see the empty seats in the stadium from his luxury box, and so will the players and coaches.

Empty seats = reduced concessions, and an attitude the fans have given up on the present team.

Staying out in the parking lots send message part 2.

The fans may have given up on the team, but they haven't given up on the franchise. The fans want a change.

Once Ralph hears how the fans are sitting in the parking lot and NOT CHOOSING to come in (and he will hear about it, do not kid yourself) the message will be heard loud and clear.

IMHO, tailgating before and during the game will send the biggest message.

Wilson will see the empty seats in the stadium from his luxury box, and so will the players and coaches.

Empty seats = reduced concessions, and an attitude the fans have given up on the present team.

Staying out in the parking lots send message part 2.

The fans may have given up on the team, but they haven't given up on the franchise. The fans want a change.

Once Ralph hears how the fans are sitting in the parking lot and NOT CHOOSING to come in (and he will hear about it, do not kid yourself) the message will be heard loud and clear.

You nailed it. I'm in.

The one thing that would absolutely KILL Ralph Wilson is if the stadium was packed and NOONE bought from the concession stands......Thats a huge profit for his team with beer sales and so forth. Simply not buying any of that stuff would really hurt his wallet.......that and trying NOT to park in the stadium lots......

C'mon man!!! Could you honestly watch another Bills game this year, and NOT drink?