Pats Game, Tailgate only

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I suggested on Friday, BillsFans/Customers should think about hanging out in the parking lots and tailgate during the game as a sign to the Bills to get your "zhit together". I heard WGR mention the same thing today. My wife told me when she came home from work, Friday, that at lunch time she over heard some Bills season ticket holders say the same thing.

Does this idea have legs?

I have a better idea that you should like & approve of:

Since the tickets are paid for, it's counterproductive to waste them-that certainly doesn't hurt Ralph's bottom line, it only injures the fan who in effect has paid for nothing. But, if you want to protest in a way that will hurt the Bills in the pocketbook & send a mesaage-Boycott the stadium lots and the concession stands & make sure the Bills know exactly why the lots are empty & nobody is buying anything inside the stadium. Go to Hammer's lot or a similar place.

Let the Bills know we're not going to further enrich them until they get their "zhit together".

I'm not willing to sit home in Albany or drive to Buffalo and stay outside the stadium. But I can certainly avoid the stadium parking & concession stands.

Edit: If you're artistcally inclined-show your disdain with banners all over the stadium saying how sick & tired you are of losing football. Placed strategically, they will have to appear on the tv broadcast. Remember-Ralph promised not to edit fan outrage when he fired Donahoe. So as long as it's not obscene, a disgruntled fan's sign shouldn't be removed based on the "Wilson Doctrine"

All you'd have to do is stay out of your seat until the game starts. You can be inside the stadium. Just having the stadium seats empty at kickoff on TV will make a powerful statement, without anyone having to waste the ticket you paid for.

PTR

That happens all of the time. People are too busy getting beer and smoking than being in stands and providing noise hurting opponent offense. I think it contributes to opponents scoring early.

As I suggested on Friday, BillsFans/Customers should think about hanging out in the parking lots and tailgate during the game as a sign to the Bills to get your "zhit together". I heard WGR mention the same thing today. My wife told me when she came home from work, Friday, that at lunch time she over heard some Bills season ticket holders say the same thing.

It probably has legs because we are talking about Bills fans...not exactly a rational bunch. Yeah, let's hang out during holiday weeks in a cold rural suburb parking lot under dreary skies freezing our !@#$'s off drinking even-colder beer. Ahhh memories.

It probably has legs because we are talking about Bills fans...not exactly a rational bunch. Yeah, let's hang out during holiday weeks in a cold rural suburb parking lot under dreary skies freezing our !@#$'s off drinking even-colder beer. Ahhh memories.

That happens all of the time. People are too busy getting beer and smoking than being in stands and providing noise hurting opponent offense. I think it contributes to opponents scoring early.

Our defense might contribute as well. They seem to start slowly.

IMHO, tailgating before and during the game will send the biggest message.

Wilson will see the empty seats in the stadium from his luxury box, and so will the players and coaches.

Empty seats = reduced concessions, and an attitude the fans have given up on the present team.

Staying out in the parking lots send message part 2.

The fans may have given up on the team, but they haven't given up on the franchise. The fans want a change.

Once Ralph hears how the fans are sitting in the parking lot and NOT CHOOSING to come in (and he will hear about it, do not kid yourself) the message will be heard loud and clear.

I'd love to come up there for that...you guys could have chants in the parking lots...imagine getting 60k plus to yell the same thing out in the parking lots...that would get loud.

I have a better idea that you should like & approve of:

Since the tickets are paid for, it's counterproductive to waste them-that certainly doesn't hurt Ralph's bottom line, it only injures the fan who in effect has paid for nothing. But, if you want to protest in a way that will hurt the Bills in the pocketbook & send a mesaage-Boycott the stadium lots and the concession stands & make sure the Bills know exactly why the lots are empty & nobody is buying anything inside the stadium. Go to Hammer's lot or a similar place.

Let the Bills know we're not going to further enrich them until they get their "zhit together".

I'm not willing to sit home in Albany or drive to Buffalo and stay outside the stadium. But I can certainly avoid the stadium parking & concession stands.

Edit: If you're artistcally inclined-show your disdain with banners all over the stadium saying how sick & tired you are of losing football. Placed strategically, they will have to appear on the tv broadcast. Remember-Ralph promised not to edit fan outrage when he fired Donahoe. So as long as it's not obscene, a disgruntled fan's sign shouldn't be removed based on the "Wilson Doctrine"

I don't know if it has changed but in the past, the consession guys made their money from the sales of the Beer & whatever. If that is still the case the only people this will hurt is the poor slob trying to make a few bucks that he probably NEEDS.

I know, only us would think this would be a practical good idea. Most fans of other NFL cities would just say "f*ck it, it has been a bullsh*t year, I will just eat the tickets & go Christmas shopping". Not bills fans though. We are nothing if not consistent.

I didn't read all three pages of this thread so don't know if it's been mentioned, but what might really piss Ralph off and would definitely get the attention of people, would be to cheer for NE from start to finish. Cheer whenever Buffalo get stopped on third down or has a TO, which will most likely be all game. Boo when Buffalo scores, if this small miracle even happens. Make it sound just like a Pats home game. And have plenty of "Thanks for nothing Ralph", "Thanks for Dicking us fans Ralph", "Ralph your a Dick (Jauron) Head", "Hey Russ, castrate Ralph's Dick", The Buffalo Bills got Dicked". I think you get the picture.

Have Mike Schopp lead the protest, he did such a great job with his Sabres walk out a few years back. :lol:

I'll e-mail Jeremy White and see if he can pimp this idea some more on air. I know he has season tickets, so he won't be just talking the talk if he hangs out/tailgates also.

I don't know if it has changed but in the past, the consession guys made their money from the sales of the Beer & whatever. If that is still the case the only people this will hurt is the poor slob trying to make a few bucks that he probably NEEDS.

Here's the deal: Under the original plan proposed, the concession guy gets hurt because there's nobody in the stadium to buy his products. So if anything, my plan is a wash for him.