Open Bar?

tmk-nj

Going to my wife's annual Christmas party and there will be an open bar.

Every year we don't know what to drink so i'm looking for some ideas.

What do you drink?

Thanks!

Tom :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a greyhound. Vodka and grapefruit juice.

I'm not really a mixed drink person (or a liquor person, for that matter), but I do like greyhounds, screwdrivers, and Bloody Marys. And margaritas, too. Forgot that.

Scotch rocks. Ask the tender for a nice single malt and enjoy.

Sacrilege!! You actually put ice cubes into your single malt? Whats the friggin' point? Neat, or for cask strength malts, add a touch of distilled water to open it up.

I'm usually a beer guy myself, but at Company parties I like to go with mixed drinks because: 1) I don't want to be that guy who is burning through 12 beers during the course of the evening and 2) Someone else is paying!!! :thumbsup:

Seriously though if it was me I would go double captain & coke or Bombay Sapphire Gin & splash of tonic.

I'm usually a beer guy myself, but at Company parties I like to go with mixed drinks because: 1) I don't want to be that guy who is burning through 12 beers during the course of the evening and 2) Someone else is paying!!! :thumbsup:

Seriously though if it was me I would go double captain & coke or Bombay Sapphire Gin & splash of tonic.

I second that! Free Sapphire & tonic is the only option!

Sacrilege!! You actually put ice cubes into your single malt? Whats the friggin' point? Neat, or for cask strength malts, add a touch of distilled water to open it up.

Nothing wrong with adding a few cubes to open bar scotch...we're not talking 30 year vintages. For the lower priced 12yo singles like Livet and Fiddich it's just fine to order it with a couple cubes to give it a smoother drinkability.

Nothing wrong with adding a few cubes to open bar scotch...we're not talking 30 year vintages. For the lower priced 12yo singles like Livet and Fiddich it's just fine to order it with a couple cubes to give it a smoother drinkability.

I agree with respect to those two. If I'm enjoying a single malt they serve in a standard bar, it'll be LaGavulin or Laphroaig, and it'll be neat.

I'm usually a beer guy myself, but at Company parties I like to go with mixed drinks because: 1) I don't want to be that guy who is burning through 12 beers during the course of the evening and 2) Someone else is paying!!! :w00t:

That is exactly why I stay with the beers at Company functions. I drink beer 100% of the time at home(except with food, then its 100% wine) so I know how much I can drink and still not be more of an idiot than I am normally. Now, when we go out to dinner I usually have a Gibson(onions instead of olives), but stay at 1.Mixed drinks are the great unkown to me, and only times i really get liquored up is when I have mutiple Martinis before dinner.

So my suggestion is stay with what you normally drink at home sos ya still married the next morniing! :worthy: