favorite christmas songs

NicholasCal1

what are your favorite christmas songs and by what artist. and whats the worst christmas song you have ever had to put up with ? my favorite is white christmas by bing crosby.a case can be made for chestnuts roasting on an open fire by nat king cole. the worst has to go to that song about a kid trying to buy shoes for his dying mother. i thought christmas was suposed to be joyous not depressing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are your favorite christmas songs and by what artist. and whats the worst christmas song you have ever had to put up with ? my favorite is white christmas by bing crosby.a case can be made for chestnuts roasting on an open fire by nat king cole. the worst has to go to that song about a kid trying to buy shoes for his dying mother. i thought christmas was suposed to be joyous not depressing.

My favorite is Carol of the Bells, especially the version done by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Least favorite has to be Last Christmas...it's horrible and it's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head for hours after hearing it.

Favorites:

Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. It's all because I grew up watching the Rankin/Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Special every year.

What Child Is This. Love this song.

Carole of the Bells. You just can't get the music out of your head when you hear it.

Sleigh Ride. This makes me smile.

I'll Be Home For Christmas. Just makes me feel good to hear this.

Songs I can't stand:

Feliz Navidad. This song is played on the radio constantly, and it's the same lyrics over and over and over and over and over and over again. :lol:

Santa, Baby. This song is wrong on all levels. :worthy:

Little Drummer Boy: I do'nt hate this song, but it's a song i'm not all that fond of. Nothing special.

My favorite is Carol of the Bells, especially the version done by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Least favorite has to be Last Christmas...it's horrible and it's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head for hours after hearing it.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. But the very next day, you gave it away." (Hee hee)

My favorite is

My least favorite is the stupid Christmas Wrapping song. :lol:

I like carol of the bells too, I dont even care if they play it as a WalMart commercial

Not really Christmas... But winter themed...

Dean Martin: Baby, It's Cold Outside

You like that one more than the Johnny Mercer/Margaret Whiting version? Or even the Ray Charles/Betty Carter version? My personal fave is the Louis Jordan/Ella Fitzgerald version. It's amazing. Velma Middleton did a pretty sweet version w/ Louis Armstrong that gets a decent amount of airplay on the Sirius' jazz channel 72.

You like that one more than the Johnny Mercer/Margaret Whiting version? Or even the Ray Charles/Betty Carter version? My personal fave is the Louis Jordan/Ella Fitzgerald version. It's amazing. Velma Middleton did a pretty sweet version w/ Louis Armstrong that gets a decent amount of airplay on the Sirius' jazz channel 72.

I do... :lol: I hate Sinatra and all the other Rat Packers... The only one I like is Dean... He had it all over the others.

I have a soft spot for his voice.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. But the very next day, you gave it away." (Hee hee)

When you hate tha song as much as I do... just that much may send me on a shooting rampage. Not funny. <_<

I've always loved 'Baby it's Cold Outside," and my personal favorite is Jordan/Fitzgerald. No question.