Hi there

Repulsif

Hi there,

I am french and live in France. I started to see (american) football on tv since 1989 and i am a Bills fan since 1990.

Sure i had a lot of emotion seeing them in the '90s. And even now, i support them as ever, i "watch" them on nfl.com live scoreboards, here in France we only see a very few football games and this is never a Bills game.

I'm writing now because i need your help. I would like to see one Bills game at Buffalo at least once in my life, and i deeply want to see it this year.

First i don't exactly know what is the best way to go to Buffalo from Paris,France.

I'm confused about the airport. It seems there are in USA two Buffalo airports. there is one called " Greater Buffalo Int'l, USA (BUF)", and the other one is simply "(BYG)". Could you please tell me what is the good one ?

I'm asking this because perhaps there are two towns named Buffalo in USA and the 'bad' one could be in oklahoma or else where <_<

Or maybe the easiest way to go to Buffalo is to make a fly from Paris to New York and then travel by bus or train to Buffalo. Could you help ?

Second, where can i get informations about (cheap as much as possible) hotels at Buffalo ; what are their average price please ?

I think i will stay there with possibly my girlfriend, from the friday evening or saturday afternoon to half the next week. I would like to visit the Buffalo area (could you please tell me what are the good place to visit here ?) and visit the Niagara Falls (it's not too far from Buffalo isn't it ? 35 miles away ?)

About 10 months ago, a french friend, who is too a bills fan, is gone to live at buffalo with his american wife. He said he would lodge (?) me for the game weekend if i ever make a trip to Buffalo, but i guess i have lost his email :lol:

That's why i'm asking for hotels.

Third, i need tickets for game. If i go to Buffalo to see a bills game, i would be desapointed if i see it in a bar. I would like to see the game against St Louis (may be too short in time), or against the Browns, or against Pittsburg. On the official site ( Bills Official Site ), it seems you can buy tickets, but only in USA (???) ; and i wouldn't my tickets to be lost when they travel from buffalo to Paris by mailing service... Is it possible to buy 2 tickets 1 day before the game ? My idea is to be afraid to come here, and can't buy 2 because it's a sold out.... :lol:

Could you provide me infos on this ?

Fourth, once i will be at Buffalo, do you known some good shop with Bills Stuff ? I think i will surely buy an Authentic Riddell Bills Helmet, and some Bills T-Shirts.

Thanks in advance.

How wonderful that we have fans that want to travel so far. I can understand your desire to see a live Bills game, but you may not be allowing enough time to do this properly. I'd recommend you start planning for the home opener next season. But, if you really wish to get to Buffalo this season, you'll have to work fast. Unless you're an experienced international traveler, you'll be better working with a travel agent - travelling to the USA can be overwhelming and confusing. The airport you need is Buffalo International Airport (BUF). You will need to rent a car since public transport is not as available as it is in Europe. If you stay near the airport, you'll be about half way between the Bills stadium and Niagara Falls. The travel agent will help you with lodging. You should be able to find game tickets by posting on this site. After you get the flight, hotel and game tickets, then you can concentrate on attractions to see while you're here.

Feel free to PM me for specific questions.

You dont want to goto BYG, its in JOHNSON COUNTY, BUFFALO, Wyoming.

As far as tickets, they should be pretty easy to get at the game. Alot of people selling outside of the stadium, especially for the games you are looking for. I would assume they will be pretty cheap for those games, especially the way the team has been playing.

Hotels, not sure about.

There are a lot of tickets available in the trading post section of this board - I have 2 Pittsburgh tickets available. It may be hard to get the tickets just before the game though - it's probably better to have them mailed to you in France. Considering the way the season is going however - you may be able to get 2 for cheap just before the game.

Hotwire.com has cheap hotels (although it doesn't tell you the location until after you purchase the room). I would say the average price of a hotel is about $70-$80 a night but you can get better deals on hotwire (especially near the Niagara falls area).

I would think flying to the game is the easiest - taking a train from New York City would be a really long train ride. I fly in from D.C. - it's a really quick trip - only an hour. If there are non-stop flights from France to D.C. - you could always do that.

OK, here's what you do...

If you want to see the game this year you have a couple of choices. The Rams on Nov 21, seems to be the best one, as the last 2 home games will be against Cleveland and Pittsburgh and there will be a lot of out-of-towns fans. Tickets may be difficult to come by. You will be able to scalp tickets outside of the stadium for close to face value.

Try to fly to BUF from Paris. If thats too $$$, fly to JFK in NYC and then you can either fly JetBlue to Buffalo pretty cheap (and the airline is right at JFK) or take a train or drive up to Buffalo.

Hotels...The best thing to do would be to stay at the Downtown Hyatt. Its two blocks from Chippewa Street, Buffalo's downtown party district, where you can get food and beers. The rooms are about $100 - $150 a nite.

You will need a rental car. You can get one when you get to the Buffalo airport or at JFK.

Hope this helps.

OK, here's what you do...

Try to fly to BUF from Paris.  If thats too $$$, fly to JFK in NYC and then you can either fly JetBlue to Buffalo pretty cheap (and the airline is right at JFK) or take a train or drive up to Buffalo.

NYC to Buffalo is at least a seven hour drive.....you definitely want to fly. Jet Blue has cheap flights.

http://www.jetblue.com/

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xD0S2.V...ational+Airport

Thank you for your answers.

Thank you too lady(?) #89, who sent me a PM.

I've done a little search and there is no direct fly from Paris to Buffalo. I guess i will take a regular fly from Paris to New York, and then a fly from New York to Buffalo with the BlueJet company who seems to have fair prices (BlueJet should save me about 100$).

About the tickets (, and hotels (thanks for the hotwire.com info, i will put an close eye on it ), and possibly a car rent), lady #89 told me to try to contact the Bills Office by e-mail, perhaps they can do something for me.

If they don't respond shortly, i will try to contact here someone who sells tickets, and i hope we can make a deal.

For the game against the Rams, i guess it's dead ; it's too short in time to organize this.

I would like to see the game against Pittsburg but it is on the beginning of the year and the travel prices (and hotels) are far more expensive (+300$ at least per person), so i guess my only option is to try for the Browns game.

If you find anything new who could help me, please post here.

I hope to be at Buffalo in December, i hope to enjoy seeing (sp?) my Bills win that game with a full crazy crowd, and may be if i am lucky i will find some of you guys and girls here and have a small party after the game in a bar <_<

Oh god, i already want to be here :lol::lol:

Ohh last question... what is a tailgating ????

Is it some small groups of people who organize a kind of small barbecue in the stadium parking ?? Can we join them ?

Ohh last question... what is a tailgating ????

Is it some small groups of people who organize a kind of small barbecue in the stadium parking ?? Can we join them ?

89420[/snapback]

Correct. It is tens of thousands of your closest friends....all are welcome! <_<

Uncalled for.

89437[/snapback]

sort of, but not really...until you've been surrounded by foreigners that don't like bathing, you'll never understand the agony...i feel it everyday at work and i don't know how to break it to them...there are immoveable clouds of stench

sort of, but not really...until you've been surrounded by foreigners that don't like bathing, you'll never understand the agony...i feel it everyday at work and i don't know how to break it to them...there are immoveable clouds of stench

89474[/snapback]

I have been <_< and it's still uncalled for. The guy came here to find help on attending a Bills game, not to be insulted. There are plenty of US citizens that I would consider hygenically (is that a word?) challenged.

Thank you for your answers.

Thank you too lady(?) #89, who sent me a PM.

89420[/snapback]

mon Français ne peut pas être très bon, mais j'essayerai:

Elle n'est aucune "dame," mais elle est toute la femme! <_<

Il y a un groupe de personnes qui rencontrent le stade, et j'imagine qu'ils seraient heureux de vous rencontrer se joignent. C'est un petit groupe, mais obtient votre vol présenté et les a faits savoir quand vous serez dans les états, et je suis sûr qu'ils vous fourniront plus d'informations.

mon Français ne peut pas être très bon, mais j'essayerai:

Elle n'est aucune "dame," mais elle est toute la femme!:lol:

Il y a un groupe de militaires de carrière qui se réunissent vers le haut au stade, et j'imagine qu'ils seraient heureux de vous faire les joindre.  C'est un petit détail, obtient votre vol disposé et les a faits savoir quand vous serez dans les états, et je suis sûr qu'ils vous fourniront plus d'information.

89510[/snapback]

Damn Campy, I think you turned me on with all the sweet soundin foreign talk. <_<

What I said was

My French isn't very good, but I'll try:

She's not a "lady," but she sure is all woman! :lol:

There is a group of people who meet at the stadium, and I imagine that they would be happy to meet you.  It is a small group, but get your flight laid out and let us know when you will be in the states, and I am sure that they will provide you more information.

Or I hope that's what I said! <_<

Hope to see you at the game. But remember, we bathe regularly here in the States.

Not sure how i have to understand this... :lol:

You mean that here in France we never take baths or showers, and we all have a béret, have bread under an arm, and travel with bicycle ? <_<:lol:

If it's ironic, please apologize me. :lol:

Campy, thanks for your try, really, i'm happy to read something in my language here, but i hope my english is (slightly) better than your french :lol:

Have I been bad?

I'm not a lady? oops

OK Frenchie, I AM FEMALE. :D:P

pm me and I'll try to do something to help you. I have plans for the Pittsburgh game so Count me OUT of any tailgating that weekend. Ken and I have plans.

Campy, thanks for your try, really, i'm happy to read something in my language here, but i hope my english is (slightly) better than your french  :P

89609[/snapback]

Pensez-vous mon Français n'est pas bon? Je sais, l'Anglais est bien mieux que mon Français!

Oh bien, j'ai essayé. :D

Not sure how i have to understand this...  :D

You mean that here in France we never take baths or showers, and we all have a béret, have bread under an arm, and travel with bicycle ?  :P  :w00t:

If it's ironic, please apologize me.  :lol:

Campy, thanks for your try, really, i'm happy to read something in my language here, but i hope my english is (slightly) better than your french  :lol:

89609[/snapback]

I pretty sure that someone from France couldn't figure out what those....how you say....smilies are... :D

Hi Repulsif.

You may also consider flying into Toronto, a major city about 100 miles from Buffalo. It's in Canada, of course, so I don't know if that is just as easy for renting a car.

Enjoy the trip (although, next year should bring PROFESSIONAL football back to Buffalo, God willing...)

Hi there,

I am french and live in France. I started to see (american) football on tv since 1989 and i am a Bills fan since 1990.

Sure i had a lot of emotion seeing them in the '90s. And even now, i support them as ever, i "watch" them on nfl.com live scoreboards, here in France we only see a very few football games and this is never a Bills game.

I'm writing now because i need your help. I would like to see one Bills game at Buffalo at least once in my life, and i deeply want to see it this year.

87436[/snapback]

If it must be this year, make sure you come in December so that you can see JP play. :D

How wonderful that we have fans that want to travel so far. I can understand your desire to see a live Bills game, but you may not be allowing enough time to do this properly.  I'd recommend you start planning for the home opener next season. But, if you really wish to get to Buffalo this season, you'll have to work fast. Unless you're an experienced international traveler, you'll be better working with a travel agent - travelling to the USA can be overwhelming and confusing.  The airport you need is Buffalo International Airport (BUF).  You will need to rent a car since public transport is not as available as it is in Europe. If you stay near the airport, you'll be about half way between the Bills stadium and Niagara Falls.  The travel agent will help you with lodging. You should be able to find game tickets by posting on this site.  After you get the flight, hotel and game tickets, then you can concentrate on attractions to see while you're here.

Feel free to PM me for specific questions.

87455[/snapback]

Yo Pierre, If you speak with a smoother accent than the boys from Montreal that come down and do the buff chicks you will do well!!!! They are easy..