Marty Schottenheimer

Simon

First, the extension isn't official...all we've heard about is the rumors.

Second, even if he does have an extension, it doesn't mean he can't be fired.

First, it's team policy not to discuss the contract status of non player personnel. So the only thing that will make it "official" is when Limp Dickie hasn't cleaned out his office at One Bills Drive by February

Second, Ralph is on the hook for Jauron's salary until 2011 or Jauron finds another NFL job (whichever happens first). So yes, Limp Dickie can be fired, but he won't be fired

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

This season is gone anyways. Get the next coach in here and give him some extra time to acclimate to the players and let them get used to him. Give him a first hand look at practices, sidelines, facilities, filmrooms, personell, staff, etc.

The Bills gain nothing by waiting around for the inevitable firing of Jauron; try and salvage something by getting a little jump start on next year.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

This would be the best hire we could make. A very solid football coach that would put this team in the right direction on day one. In addition, he has ties to the organization. He has had some bad luck in his days, but his teams are always competitive.

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

This season is gone anyways. Get the next coach in here and give him some extra time to acclimate to the players and let them get used to him. Give him a first hand look at practices, sidelines, facilities, filmrooms, personell, staff, etc.

The Bills gain nothing by waiting around for the inevitable firing of Jauron; try and salvage something by getting a little jump start on next year.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

Sadly, they'd never do it.

But also, wouldn't they run into problems with the Rooney Rule? I don't know if you could get people in for interviews and such before the end of the season.

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

I'd have no problem withy Marty-ball.

I would love to have Marty at this point. I don't see Jauron turning this around. Poor time manangement, poor kicking game decisons, zero charisma, etc.

Pardon me but why in the hell would you want Marty "I've never won a game that mattered" Schottenheimer? So he gets you to the playoff's only to lose there in front of the entire nation, instead of just the home town audience....what's the point? I guess maybe to sell tickets and suck people into the lie?

It's nice in November to not have to think about when the Bills will get knocked out of the playoffs - sure the SB years were fun until the actual SB started....then it felt like sh_t until the next year....this way, the Bills go the way of the other 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, we all get an extra three hours back on Sundays...it's a win win...

Fire Jauron now; he is a loser. He had 1 winning season with the Bears. Shottenheimer or Cower would be the only 2 names that would excite me. Bills fans deserve way better than this Ralph. We have supported a loser for way to long now. Change is needed immediately!!! By the way, can Losman while your at it; what an absolute pathetic excuse for a QB...

I think Jauron has lost his players. Sometime when you are that animated on the sidelines, the players feel you are disrespecting them. I think he needs to chil and be a little more calm, then maybe the players would adopt that philosophy on the field.

Hell, just making the playoffs would be like winning the Superbowl right about now. I'll take that! Bring in the Heimer.

[/quote

I would take Schotty, Marriucci, and myself. I know I could do a better job than Dicky J. Now that was funny. Everyone Cheer up. For the past few hours I have been as sad as you. BUt you know what? Ralphy Boy aint sad...he just lined his pockets with another mil from a full Erie County Stadium.

Marty has said a hundred times he is done. Let it go.

Yeah.

And a half hour ago you said you were done.

In 3 different threads.

Now either come up with some new material and quit posting the same stupid comment in bunches of different threads.

Or just go away and be done like you said you would.

So who would you suggest instead? (unless you're serious about the advantages of the Bills not being in the playoffs) The bills have two choices, bring in some young no name who does actually have the ability to be a huge sucess in their first go around as a HC. Cowler, Gruden, Parsells are a couple of names that come to mind that succeeded in their fist HC job. But many others failed including none other than Belichick. Can also add to the list: DJ (with the Bears) MW MM both here, Pete Caroll, and a whole string of others. So you can take a chance on getting that special someone, but the odds are against you.

The other option is to bring in an experienced guy. Considering RW hasa reputation as a meddling owner who doesn't like paying coaches much money, I think Marty may be about the highest profile guy you'd ever be able to hire here. And that's assuming he does deep down want to coach. If as mentioned he really is done, then likely the amount of money RW would offer won't get him to change his mind

Regarding the meddling rumors, people have brought up Jerry Jones, and Dan Syder as arguments that coaches don't all hate meddling owners. The difference there is, you don't mind a meddler who pays you top $$ and who always has his checkbook in his hand ready to sign a check for whatever you need. Unless it's for a charity (which can't knock him there) RW seems to ask how can we do without this expense?

Pardon me but why in the hell would you want Marty "I've never won a game that mattered" Schottenheimer? So he gets you to the playoff's only to lose there in front of the entire nation, instead of just the home town audience....what's the point? I guess maybe to sell tickets and suck people into the lie?

It's nice in November to not have to think about when the Bills will get knocked out of the playoffs - sure the SB years were fun until the actual SB started....then it felt like sh_t until the next year....this way, the Bills go the way of the other 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, we all get an extra three hours back on Sundays...it's a win win...

I think Jauron has lost his players. Sometime when you are that animated on the sidelines, the players feel you are disrespecting them. I think he needs to chil and be a little more calm, then maybe the players would adopt that philosophy on the field.

From the way the Bills D came back in the second half, no the players didn't quit on Jauron. This was a very simple case of the offense and Lindell) stinking the joint up today. A pile of yards, 20 to the 20, but then......

What was so damn frustrating was to the complet and utter futility the Bills showed in the Red Zone.

Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, the TE twins, none of them could make a play for a score. Not one....

I'd take him in a heartbeat. People have short memories about how many SB winners were at one time considered chokers: Landry, Cowher, Dungy, even Coughlin to name a few...

Also Football Outsiders has done a nice analysis on how when a bad coach takes over a new team, it doesn't really show up until Year 2, which cements the absurdity of the popular idea last January that Norv Turner was some kind of upgrade.

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

The personnel department needs an overhaul.

I don't think Vince Lombardi can do a whole lot more much with this overpaid, underachieving squad.

let's get crazy...

Chris Petersen from Boise State.

He knows how to get the most out of marginal talent.

I don't want another NFL retread and we're not going to lure any big names in high demand to the table to even consider this gig. The only way the Bills progress is to find the next great football mind before everyone else does and get him on the cheap.

The personnel department needs an overhaul.

I don't think Vince Lombardi can do a whole lot more much with this overpaid, underachieving squad.

I disagree. Somehow, seeing the games makes me believe there is enough talent to sport a better record than what we have now. We may be missing a couple of pieces to being a dominant team but certainly had enough to beat at least the Browns and 49ers.