Looking at the opponents over the last 2 + seasons

San-O

2006 7 - 9 - don't see a team with a winning record at the end of the season.

2007 7 - 9 - saw 1 team, the Washington game. Gibbs messed that up.

2008 6 - 5 - 4 wins against teams a combined 8 - 36, and no win against team better than 4 - 7 to date.

Looking ahead to next years opponents, the Bills play the NFCS, looking to be a very good division, and the

AFCS, again a good division. The AFCE may be one the better/best in football with NE being on top, and the Jets

and Miami being good.

How are the Bills going to win 9 or 10 games next year when they have beaten 1 winning so far in 2 + years?

I think this team is in more trouble than many may want to admit, and also that they were built to win this year IMHO.

Flame away.

<_<

EDIT:

http://football.about.com/od/schedules/a/06sched_BUF.htm

http://football.about.com/od/32/a/07sched_BUF.htm

Next years schedule is going to be a lot tougher...

2009 opponents:

Home: Buccaneers, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Saints, Texans, TBD AFC North opponent

Away: Dolphins, Falcons, Jaguars, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, TBD AFC West opponent

The Bills have a lot of work to do in FA and in the draft in order to even have a sniff at the playoffs in 2009.

Maybe getting beat by the Bills is just such a crushing and humiliating defeat that teams cannot recover and spiral down into a losing season?

Wasn't Seattle the defacto NFC West winner - until we beat them. Wasn't Jacksonville a Super Bowl contender - until we beat them. Wasn't San Diego a Super Bowl contending division leader - until we beat them.

So perhaps we're not playing losing teams as much as we're creating losing teams? Just a thought.

2008 6 - 5 - 4 wins against teams a combined 8 - 36, and no win against team better than 4 - 7 to date.

Looking ahead to next years opponents, the Bills play the NFCS, looking to be a very good division, and the

AFCS, again a good division. The AFCE may be one the better/best in football with NE being on top, and the Jets

and Miami being good.

How are the Bills going to win 9 or 10 games next year when they have beaten 1 winning so far in 2 + years?

I think this team is in more trouble than many may want to admit, and also that they were built to win this year IMHO.

Flame away.

<_<

EDIT:

No reason to flame away, you're absolutely right. Next year's schedule will be brutal compared to this year's and if they can't beat some of these teams now, next year is not going to be fun to watch.

Next years schedule is going to be a lot tougher...

2009 opponents:

Home: Buccaneers, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Saints, Texans, TBD AFC North opponent

Away: Dolphins, Falcons, Jaguars, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, TBD AFC West opponent

The Bills have a lot of work to do in FA and in the draft in order to even have a sniff at the playoffs in 2009.

why do we play the Jags every year?

and Miami being good.

Flame away.

<_<

EDIT:

Nothing to flame...And dispite that Jets Win in 06, You have hit on the #1 reason why I feel Dead Dick is simply not good enough... :)

and Miami being good.

Flame away.

<_<

EDIT:

Looking at your posts over the past 2+ seasons I see nothing to indicate that you have ever rooted for the Bills or said anything positive about them.

Looking at your posts over the past 2+ seasons I see nothing to indicate that you have ever rooted for the Bills or said anything positive about them.

So what? Is anything he said wrong? This team beats up on bad to mediocre teams and gets smoked by good teams. If we want to be a playoff team some day we are going to have to start beating good teams. This is not the front office or coaching regime to get it done.

Well, that's mostly true. I want them to win so bad. How many years must we wait?

Just for the record:

1. I was very happy about the D-line signings/trades this off-season.

2. I was also very optimistic about Edwards when drafted, after last season, and still am.

3. Also, I really like the way the current front office doesn't seem married to all their decisions: McCargo can't get it

done, bring in some other guys and try to get something for him.

4. Liked drafting a DB very high, and a WR very high. Not sure they got the right guys, but liked the approach.

5. Let Fairchild walk. BRAVO!

and Miami being good.

Flame away.

<_<

EDIT:

That is how it's been. Bills will have a chance yet this year to prove that the past 2 seasons were really about rebuilding and that the added talent and time with this coaching staff was a good investment. 9-7 is respectable (although after 4-0 it's tougher to swallow). 10-6 should get them to the post season and that would be a big step forward. I don't think Jauron can get it done, but prove me wrong.

So what? Is anything he said wrong? This team beats up on bad to mediocre teams and gets smoked by good teams. If we want to be a playoff team some day we are going to have to start beating good teams. This is not the front office or coaching regime to get it done.

Used this as a quote in my sig line. Hope you don't mind. Captures the sentiment well I thought.

I'll take it off if and when you want.

Maybe getting beat by the Bills is just such a crushing and humiliating defeat that teams cannot recover and spiral down into a losing season?

Wasn't Seattle the defacto NFC West winner - until we beat them. Wasn't Jacksonville a Super Bowl contender - until we beat them. Wasn't San Diego a Super Bowl contending division leader - until we beat them.

So perhaps we're not playing losing teams as much as we're creating losing teams? Just a thought.

Unfortunately, the off-season happened for the Seahawks and Jaguars. Both teams got older, and teams had more game tape of them. Those teams weren't good in Week 1, and they're not good now. It didn't miraculously happen between the time we played them and now. They both had their share of injuries, but were somewhat healthy when Buffalo showed up in Weeks 1 and 2.

So-Cal is correct. Two wins against winning teams since 2006 (that's 43 games and counting). That means two out of 20 wins were against above average opponents. It's not like they play in the NFC West.

DJ's total record and against quality opponents closely mirrors what he did in Chicago. Unfortunately, most people don't bother to look at his record, season by season and see that his three years in Buffalo accurately reflect his shortcomings in Chicago. Someone will remark that he didn't have the players, but then consider he had personnel control for 1999 and 2000. Outside of Urlacher and Colvin, he didn't fare all that well in the draft either. Yet people still believe he's the guy for the future.

and Miami being good.

EDIT: forgot the 2006 Jets game. Thanks.

Flame away.

And do you remember the Skins record on the day we played them? They were 4 - 7. And on a 4 game losing streak. And their best player died a few days before the game. You have to give them credit for pulling together around Sean Taylor's memory and running the table after that. But they weren't a good team. They were running on emotion, and lost quickly and easily in the first round.

Yeah, it's pretty well-known that the last good team that we have beaten was the Pats the first game of - was it 2005 or 2004? - the year with Bledsoe as our QB.

We just aren't good this year. But it's legit to hope that as Trent develops and so does the rest of this very young team, that if we get another year or two of good drafts, we might be a pretty good team next year or the year after.